MMA Thread

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
I really wish Dana would stop with the childish attitude with these guys and just take the high road. Ortiz and the Shamrocks haven't been relevant in years, and Rampage for a while as well. However, they were all at one time very much relevant. Give them some recognition for what they did for the sport years ago and move on. This pissing and moaning back and forth is really stupid, and makes him look like an idiot.

White and Shamrock explode on Twitter - News | FOX Sports on MSN

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
No, I think he is just trying to get someone to step up and fight him. He was supposed to fight Machida, but he will be fighting Munoz instead now. So Kennedy probably just doesn't want to lose his fight purse and is just looking for anyone at this point. Just a guess

Adam12

Molten Core Raider
No, I think he is just trying to get someone to step up and fight him. He was supposed to fight Machida, but he will be fighting Munoz instead now. So Kennedy probably just doesn't want to lose his fight purse and is just looking for anyone at this point. Just a guess
That's exactly how it looks to me, too.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Top 10 MMA KO Strikes | MMA Fight DB

KO-Strikes-by-Number1.jpg

Nester

Vyemm Raider
TUF was pretty good tonight, was able to keep from skipping forward the few min Rousey was on the screen.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
UFC suspends heavyweight Ben Rothwell 9 months for doping - ESPN

Rothwell gets busted for elevated testosterone levels. Apparently he had an exemption for TRT, but he tested out of the acceptable levels. So the commission didn't suspend him, but the UFC decided to hit him with a 9 month suspension. Interesting that the fight will remain in tact rather than overturned to a NC, but I suppose it makes sense due to the governing body not suspending him.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Apparently he was within acceptable levels for 8 weeks leading up and pee'd high either right before or after the fight. Also apparently the Wisconsin commission didn't have jurisdiction to suspend him, but recommended the UFC do it since they could. Not sure all the legalities, but if they could have suspended them they would have it seems.

Rothwell claims the endocrinologist diagnosed him with hypogonadism probably caused by a bad car accident when he was 19 that fucked up his brain and left him in a coma. Color everyone skeptical. I like Rothwell but I can't find it in me to buy anyone's TRT excuses.

Also, that's a 2nd "loss" for Vera to someone juiced up in one way or another. Dude can't catch a break.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah, I just can't ever buy into the TRT shit. If you are old and your testosterone levels are low, tough shit, that is how the human body works. For you morons (Belfort, Barnett, etc.) that have low levels due to abusing it earlier in life, tough shit. I hate that there is even an "accepted" use for it.

Also, fuck Belfort getting yet another fight in Brazil. The guy can't get an exception for TRT here, therefore won't be fighting with an advantage. I find it ridiculous that the UFC continues to cater to his bullshit and letting him fight there. Give him a tough fight here in the states and see how well he fares.

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
On a random note, I have hypogonadism and am on testosterone... shit aint cool. I've never been athletic so I couldn't say how much of an advantage it gives... but without testosterone it is hard as fuck to burn fat and build muscle. It also ruins your sex life big time. For people/athletes who really have hypogonadism, congrats you are now on daily medicine for the rest of your life.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
TRT/HGH are fucking AMAZING. They should absolutely become standard shit like vitamins for men as they get older, or those who legitimately need it. We have the science to make dudes 35-50 feel like they are closer to 20, that is a miracle.

edit: Watching tonight's Inside MMA and Josh Barnett is on. Apparently he's fighting Travis Browne. Once again, UFC matchmaking is for the most part miles ahead of every other organization. That's aperfectmatch to me. Either legitimizes Browne for a title shot, or gives Barnett enough cred with new fans to step in there with the champ/top 3 guy.

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
Might be the first card, where I watch all the fights, except the main event.
Your crazy bro, Maia has been on fire. His wrestling is getting so much better every fight its scary. Shields is getting submitted in the first round.