MMA Thread

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
My immediate reaction is to say Maia is fighting for decisions now and super boring, but I just realized that's entirely based on the Fitch fight. He's been kind of boring for awhile, but aside from Fitch he'd gone back heavy in to grappling since the Weidman mess and I am excited to see a world class BJJ guy that can enforce his will a bit.

Unfortunately Jake Shields is basically Jon Fitch=/

Shields is getting submitted in the first round.
This is one of those predictions based on a hope and a prayer=P Shields has big holes in his game, but submission defense is not one of them. Honestly I kind of expect Maia to beat him up on the feet. He's gotten away from standing up, but this is one case where he will be in absolutely no danger standing and can really work on his game.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
I am just afraid that it is going to end up being 5 rounds of not a whole lot of action.

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
Mayhem was able to get Shields neck, Maia should have no problem. Shields grappling is very static and works well against wrestlers but Maia isnt going to lay there with his legs pinned together.

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
Also I am super stoked to see Palhares at 170, dude should be beastly.

toquinho-magrelo.jpg

Video of Palhares being a badass.

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
Pierce is going to smack the crap out of Paul Harris, which is sad, cause no one else really brings the crazy like him. He'll probably get cut too :\

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Remember Falcao who got cut for apparently being a scumbag? Here he is harassing another fighter's girl, which triggered a big brawl apparently full of fighters. Falcao gets rocked=P That is not him later getting kicked and shit though. Apparently Falcao and Menu(whoever that is) both got kicked off their teams following this.

MMA fighter Maiquel Falcão Knocked out in Gas station fight!! - YouTube

==============================================

@MikeChiappetta:

Thiago Silva's last 6 UFC appearances: loss, failed drug test, loss, failed drug test, win, missed weight.
Yeah he missed weight for this one, 25% purse gone and not eligible for "of the night" bonuses.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Fuck, what an idiot Silva is. There is no way he is going to lose to Hamill, but he may be cut even if he does win.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Hmm, I don't know why in the world I would pick the white guy when they are fighting in Brazil. Wonder if I am just a moron or if my picks got messed up again.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Hey, this guy has great leglocks, I should drop down to the ground with him as soon as the fight starts!

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Silva looks fat as fuck here. If he doesn't knock Hamill out in the first half of the 2nd round, he will gas out.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
That fight was nearly unwatchable. I don't think either of them will be with the UFC after tomorrow.

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
That Silva/Hammill fight was a travesty. I'm not sure if Silva got injured training or simply decided to BJ Penn that one, but he so clearly could have finished Hammill from the very 1st round. Shit was sad, and Thiago was fat.

And I was terribly wrong about Paul Harris, I thought Mike Pierce had an above average IQ after having two different blueprints for KOing Paul Harris presented by Belcher and Lombard.

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
HOLY SHIT DHK MIRACLE KNOCKOUT

Edit: LOL @ the replay with Joe Silva "OH SNAP"ing in the background.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Pretty bad card from top to bottom with the exception of 1 or 2 fights in there