MMA Thread

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Mark Coleman is shriveling up and shrinking like raisin. Fuckin guy looks older than my 81 year old dad.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
JP has the size and power. Doesn't matter what Nate's intent is. He's against a bigger stronger guy with more power in his hands.

Tommy Fury got lit the fuck up. No chance Nate can take even one of those shots at this point in his career. He's almost 40.

People are going to hate on this, but it's because they want to see Nate win. I do too, but there's a significant size difference and Nate won't be able to fall back on his jujits.

I'd never, ever count Nate out. The dude's an OG. But even though Nate's trained boxing, I feel like Paul has the advantage in a pure boxing match and it's going to be an uphill battle for Nate.

At first I didn't want to see this fight happen, but the more I think about it...fuck it. Give Nate his check, give him his shot, and worst case scenario he'll get bruised up a little and be back home getting stoned off his ass again.

But if he pulls off a victory? Ohhh shit. I would love to see him at the mic afterwards for another "I aint surprised, mothafuckas"

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
People are going to hate on this, but it's because they want to see Nate win. I do too, but there's a significant size difference and Nate won't be able to fall back on his jujits.

I'd never, ever count Nate out. The dude's an OG. But even though Nate's trained boxing, I feel like Paul has the advantage in a pure boxing match and it's going to be an uphill battle for Nate.

At first I didn't want to see this fight happen, but the more I think about it...fuck it. Give Nate his check, give him his shot, and worst case scenario he'll get bruised up a little and be back home getting stoned off his ass again.

But if he pulls off a victory? Ohhh shit. I would love to see him at the mic afterwards for another "I aint surprised, mothafuckas"

Yeah, I was just keeping it real. Glad Nate's fighting and he's getting paid. I'm pulling for him-- but there are empirical facts staring us in the face.

Fury trained specifically to deal with JP's one-trick power and still couldn't avoid going home concussed with a headache. It was an embarrassment to Fury as a professional boxer that he got tagged that many times with power. To his credit, he weathered the storm, didn't quit, and fought like he needed to do to win. But man, that's a young professional boxer with the best coaches available. I'm not saying Nate can't take a punch, but can he really get hit like Tommy Fury did??? 25 vs near 40.

I know Nate's a motherfucker and I'm glad he's getting paid. But it continues the trend of JP's preference for smaller older fighters.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Fury dismantled Jake, did you watch the fight? And I thought he was going to do MMA? The Diaz fight is boxing?

Goatface

1681477340978.png

Goatface

UFC Kansas City

Main Card (8:30 p.m. ET on ESPN, ESPN+)

Max Holloway (146) vs. Arnold Allen (146)
Edson Barboza (146) vs. Billy Quarantillo (146)
Dustin Jacoby (206) vs. Azamat Murzakanov (205)
Tanner Boser (203) vs. Ion Cutelaba (206)
Pedro Munhoz (136) vs. Chris Gutierrez (136)
Clay Guida (154.5) vs. Rafa Garcia (155)
Preliminary Card (ESPN+ at 5:30 p.m. ET)

Bill Algeo (146) vs. T.J. Brown (146)
Brandon Royval (126) vs. Matheus Nicolau (126)
Zak Cummings (206) vs. Ed Herman (206)
Gillian Robertson (116) vs. Piera Rodriguez (116)
Lando Vannata (156) vs. Daniel Zellhuber (156)
Bruna Brasil (116) vs. Denise Gomes (115)
Aaron Phillips (136) vs. Gaston Bolanos (136)
Joselyne Edwards (136.5)* vs. Lucie Pudilova (136)

*missed weight

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Fury dismantled Jake, did you watch the fight? And I thought he was going to do MMA? The Diaz fight is boxing?

Fury got hit too many times. Got dropped also. Nate can't afford to take shots like that.

Go rewatch the fight and count all power landed on Fury.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I could see Jake Paul vs Nate going like Tyson Fury vs Deontay Wilder 1 did.

Nate (Fury) is going to box him and pepper him with jabs. Then at some point, JP (Wilder) will land a huge shot and send Nate to the moon.

Nate is just too old at this point and JP will get another MMA scalp to add to his collection.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
conor-mcgregor-who-the-fuck-is-that-guy.gif

It's crazy it had been 5 years of dealing with this guy. Problems started in 2018.