MMA Thread

Bergraven_sl

shitlord
JDS didn't look that great against Hunt and Cain looked pretty solid against Bigfoot. As much as I'd like JDS to win, i don't think he has enough tools to beat cain again, barring a 1 punch KO like the first fight. It kinda sucks if Cain wins, because we won't get to see Cormier fight for the belt and I'm not sure if he can cut down to 205. This card has lots of good match ups and hopefully the fights are as entertaining.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah if Cain wins I think it really puts Cormier in a no win situation. People have this hype about him going down to LHW, but there is no guarantee he can make that cut and still be effective. Hell, there is no guarantee he can make the weight cut at all. While the guy has made huge strides in only a few years, he is not a spring chicken, he is already 34 years old. He doesn't have a whole lot of time left to go for a title shot if he wants to do it while in his prime.

Will be interesting to see what he decides assuming both him and Cain win tomorrow.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It kinda sucks if Cain wins, because we won't get to see Cormier fight for the belt
Sounds like he's pretty set on going to 205 no matter what. Believe he's already started setting up for the cut regardless of how the fight with Roy goes.

edit: Link

Daniel Cormier vows to drop to light heavyweight after Nelson, title shot or not - MMA Fighting

""I'm still going to do it. I've already started to lose weight and keep an eye on the division," Cormier told MMAFighting.com. "Things can always change with a great performance. As we've seen in the past, a guy can put himself in the position that he probably didn't think he had before if he can do something unexpected in a fight or look really good in a fight.

"So no, [the Jones-Gustafsson situation] doesn't determine (anything). I think it's the weight class that I'm going to fight in from now on and for the foreseeable future.""

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Well, I guess that answers my previous post then. I remembered reading about how he had a really hard time cutting weight, and almost died from it. But it appears that was from doing it improperly and he is already lighter now than he was. So he seems to think it shouldn't be an issue.

Fedor

<Banned>
qhiFwye.jpg

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
I have been so busy lately that I keep forgetting that this amazing card is tomorrow, then I remember that it's happening tomorrow and I get all excited, then I forget again.

Its very exhausting.

tumblr_lrs97jJHzh1r3v6f2o1_400.gif

Funny-gif-excited-kid-baby-happy.gif

tumblr_lrs97jJHzh1r3v6f2o1_400.gif

Funny-gif-excited-kid-baby-happy.gif

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah, he stayed down for quite a while.

Opening fights have been great so far.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Oh shit. If you look at that last punch and the way his head turns, that looks really bad.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
I know I bitch about this all the time, but here is yet another example of it. Poor conditioning by KJ and he didn't have the gas to finish the fight. Had he been in good shape he could have pushed in the 3rd round and gone for the finish when he rocked him. Instead he spends the last round barely hanging on. I just don't get it.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Yeah I don't like to talk shit about fighters but for a lightweight to gas from moderately paced striking is pretty bad.