MMA Thread

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
SPOILERS - WSOF 7 Full Event GIFs : MMA

Watching WSOF now and Kalib Starnes just Steve Nelmarked some dude with an inside elbow.

000.gif

SPOILERS - Invicta 7 Full Event GIFs : MMA

edit: In case anyone didn't get the Nelmark reference...

tanknelmark.gif

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Quite the KO for Kalib "I run like a bitch" Starnes. What was with him appearing to yell at the guy after? He have some kind of beef with him?

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Quite the KO for Kalib "I run like a bitch" Starnes. What was with him appearing to yell at the guy after? He have some kind of beef with him?
From what I can tell he's just kind of an asshole. Post fight interview was him talking about how the guy was supposed to hit hard but didn't.

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
It looked like his shattered his forearm or something to, he had a huge lump on his left forearm.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Maybe this UFC on Fox coming up this weekend will surprise me, but none of the fights make me feel anything but "meh". I will support my boy Joe Lauzon, but really not a fan of the other bouts.

They really should have Brock Lesnar, Kimbo Slice, or Tito Ortiz waiting in the wings for these Fox cards. Mighty Mouse Johnson is never, ever... ever going to grow your sport.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Maybe this UFC on Fox coming up this weekend will surprise me, but none of the fights make me feel anything but "meh". I will support my boy Joe Lauzon, but really not a fan of the other bouts.

They really should have Brock Lesnar, Kimbo Slice, or Tito Ortiz waiting in the wings for these Fox cards. Mighty Mouse Johnson is never, ever... ever going to grow your sport.
Faber/Macdonald not interesting to you? Have you no soul, sir?

Main event is low on star power, but Benavidez is as much of a finisher as there is at 125, and Mighty Mouse has stepped up his aggression the last few fights and got a nice sub last fight.

Chad Mendes has 4 straight KO wins(for a Featherweight!) which puts him 1 away from the UFC record. Nik Lentz is a game opponent, should be an entertaining fight.

Edson Barboza is fighting.

Bobby Green and Pat Healy will bang, should be fireworks.

Jorgensen and Makovsky could be anything, from an awesome 3 round brawl to a boring blanketfest. BTW Makovsky fought a 5 round title fight on November 22nd.

Stout vs. McKenzie should end in a nice guillotine. Other than that it's a decision boxer vs. a chokemonster.

On paper it's one of the better cards of the year match-up wise. Unfortunately that has usually meant a bunch of boring decisions, while cards that look like shit on paper turn out amazing. Like 157(Rousey/Carmouche)

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Ya, it will probably end up being a great card. Dana will give a "ray lewis" speech and get them ready to murder each other. The Fox cards almost always come through.

Honestly, I just don't give a shit about any of these fighters or their careers. Maybe one of them will convince me to change my mind.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah that sucks. Knew it was a long shot but was really hoping he would beat the odds.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Hey Grimm, weren't you shilling for this chick? Seems like she wants to come to the UFC, but they are asking for a bunch of money. You know how Dana can be about paying people though...
Yep. There was a comment from Dana a bit back about her being the female Conor McGregor. Someone he'd never seen fight but people on the street were telling him he needed to sign them. So she's been on the radar for a while.

6 figures seems steep for someone who has only been able to get scrubs to fight her though. I remember before one of her Legacy fights they mentioned they had to contact over 60 fighters to get someone to accept the fight with her. She's obviously a legit striker, on par with Cyborg at least, but she hasn't fought anyone good enough to show how she'll do against the elite grapplers of the division like Ronda. And since women hit like bitches in general that's pretty important since they focus so much on it.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Jon Jones and Frank Mir brawling backstage at the Legend show in Moscow!!!

Or more accurately JJ and Mir drunk backstage and playing grabass=P

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think that's a pretty brilliant way to introduce the class. I mean, it's gonna be a bunch of boring as fuck overrated fights where people for some reason try their hardest to convince us they were better than reality. But I like the idea.

edit: Cain had surgery for a torn shoulder labrum, likely out until late 2014.