MMA Thread

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Bummed that Faber lost. Dude is only what....35? He should probably think about hanging it up soon. It stinks because I was really rooting for him to hold a UFC title when he called it quits.

Rais

Trakanon Raider
Guess he wasn't alpha enough to win that. Seems to be a good gate keeper for the top 5. Going to be sad if he ends up like Penn and just shits the bed nonstop after hitting the wall.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Aleks got 4.5 years for his wholekidnap and rapething.

CFYHTlUXIAAVHya.png:large

calhoonjugganaut

Trakanon Raider
Hmmm...meant to post in FSR but wound up in this thread somehow. Anyways, looking forward to the fights this weekend. Apparently Cowboy got punched in the face outside of a grocery store. Pic is unrelated because I don't know how to delete an attachment.

Also, doesn't Arlovski and Browne train together? I wonder if that'll effect either of them come Saturday night.

Rais

Trakanon Raider
I hope Rumble demolishes Cormier. Like punch him so hard that somehow it will reverse the retardation that has infected Cormier or just put him out of mma.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This is a fuckinghugeand stacked card. I haven't done a full breakdown of one in ages but I am compelled to do so.

Anthony Johnson vsDaniel Cormier
This is a tough one for me to call. AJ is such a wrecking ball. It doesn't feel likeanyonecan stand in there with him. But DC's striking to wrestling transition game is a whole different world from what Phil Davis brought, and Davis was able to connect and and get inside on AJ a few times. DC shouldn't be coming in head down and walking in to those uppercuts like other guys have. And AJ doesn't really work the body a ton, which is what killed DC against Bones. He shouldn't have as many gassing issues against Johnson. I'm thinking DC will get enough takedowns to take AJ off his game and get the decision or possibly even the finish if he can get his back.

But then AJ might just KTFO him. DC has never been hit by someone like that. Flip a coin...

Chris Weidmanvs Vitor 'The Phenom' Belfort
Come on man. If Vitor does land some earth shattering shot he's just going to piss hot anyways. I don't see it happening though. I think Weidman wears him out and maybe get one of those control and pounding away stoppages where Vitor can't get up but isn't really out.

Donald 'Cowboy' Cerronevs John 'The Bull' Makdessi
Cowboy has won 7 straight, the last 5 against top 10 guys. His 5 losses since 2009 were to Bendo(2x), Nate Diaz at his best, RDA(current champ) and Anthony Pettis(previous champ). John Makdessi got himself in to trouble againstShane Campbellbefore landing a shot and getting the finish. Makdessi is no scrub, but this fight is absolutely just Cowboy wanting to keep fighting and making paychecks. He's gonna pick Makdessi apart like a child.

Andrei 'The Pit Bull' Arlovski vsTravis 'Hapa' Browne
This is going to be a glorified kickboxing match. If Arlovski was the kind of fighter who crowded guys to the cage and worked them over there he'd have a good chance, but he tends to fight more at distance and that's where Browne makes his money. Hapa keeps him away with kicks and punches until one lands flush, then he jumps on and elbows him in to a pulp.

Joseph Benavidezvs John Moraga
Similar styles, but Benavidez is more polished and better at it. Plus he's faced the better competition and been on the big stage more. Should be some decent back and forth action, but eventually Benavidez will get hold of his head and lock in the guillotine.

John 'The Magician' Dodsonvs Zach 'Fun Size' Makovsky
Makovsky is a grinder, but Dodson has shown in his UFC run that he's developed the wrestling and striking combination to negate that kind of fighter for the most part. Assuming ring rust wonlt be an issue(11 months out of the cage) he's going to outwork Makovsky with the speed and tag him a few times. I don't expect him to knock him out, but that's always a possibility with Dodson. I'm thinking he cruises to a pretty easy decision though.

Josh 'The People's Warrior' Burkman vsDong Hyun 'Stun Gun' Kim
I forgot Burkman was back in the UFC. I'm picking Stun Gun against my better judgement, because he's started fighting like a fucking idiot. But if he can reel in the stupid he should win this walking away. If he fights smart I think he gets the sub, if he fights not totally retarded I think he gets the decision, if he fights like a fucking idiot he loses.

Uriah 'Primetime' Hallvs Rafael 'Sapo' Natal
Remember Hall coming out of the TUF house being talked about as the next Anderson Silva, future champ, best guy ever? Yeah you don't hear much of that anymore. But the UFC is trying to get that hype train rolling a little bit again by having him fight less-than-stellar strikers. It will play out how they like. He'll tag Sapo eventually, probably in highlight reel fashion. I'll say headkick.

Rose 'Thug' Namajunasvs Nina 'The Strina' Ansaroff
Rose has had 4 pro fights, and 2 were against Tecia Torres and Carla Esparza. The girl deserves a break and the UFC is giving it to her with this girl. Though she is apparently a TKD background person so hell, maybe she'll KO Thug Rose. Who the fuck knows?

Mike 'Quicksand' Pyle vsColby 'Chaos' Covington
Look how fucking far down the card this fight is! Mike Pyle pretty much guarantees action. Covington is best known for being Jon Jones roommate in college, but he appears to be legit. Uses his wresting well to set up submissions. He subbed a Brazilian in Brazil! I'm picking him mostly just because fuck it, changing of the guard or whatever. He'll sub Pyle because that would be neat. Or Pyle will KTFO another youngster.

Leo 'The Lion' Kuntzvs Islam Makhachev
No idea who the fuck these guys are and they both have records filled with no idea who the fuck these guys are guys. Kuntz name is funnier and he's got a better finish rate so I'll pick him.

Justin 'Tank' Scoggins vsJosh 'The Gremlin' Sampo
Seen both these guys fight a few times and I know slightly more about them than about the previous guys. Slightly. I remember Sampo submitting Alexis Vila so I'll pick him. YAY SUBMISSIONS!

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
AA looks completely different. Not as a fighter, as a human being. I wouldn't have even recognized him.

Edit: that was some Tank Abbot shit, UFC 6, old school standing and throwing and what's this defense bullshit you're talking about?

Rais

Trakanon Raider
ROFL what the fuck is going on in this match. Holy shit. Think they both suffered brain damage.