MMA Thread

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
My sister-in-law is asking me if UFC195 (Dillashaw v Cruz) is a good card for an MMA fan. It's for my brother, she wants to buy him some tickets to it.

I haven't seriously watched UFC in years, so can anyone tell me if it's a good card?

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
My sister-in-law is asking me if UFC195 (Dillashaw v Cruz) is a good card for an MMA fan. It's for my brother, she wants to buy him some tickets to it.

I haven't seriously watched UFC in years, so can anyone tell me if it's a good card?
195 is actually Lawler vs Condit. Which is a fairly mediocre card with a couple of decent fights outside the title fight, which will be fucking legendary. Dillashaw vs Cruz is a much better "action card", with a lot of good scraps between aggressive fighters. Not sure which one you are actually referencing here.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
195 is actually Lawler vs Condit. Which is a fairly mediocre card with a couple of decent fights outside the title fight, which will be fucking legendary. Dillashaw vs Cruz is a much better "action card", with a lot of good scraps between aggressive fighters. Not sure which one you are actually referencing here.
Whoops. The top of the pic she sent me had a banner for UFC195, didn't notice the ACTUAL card below it was UFC196.

Thanks for the info.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Sat down and watched the Cowboy fight. That was really clean and sad. Dos Anjos legit defended, in a championesque way. Has there been word of a possible rematch? I wanted Cerrone to win, but even he admits he didn't do a good job in the ring.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It is such a huge loss for Cowboy. It is probably back of line for him. And last time, he had to win 8 in a row to get his shot... fuck.

I predict a Cowboy v Nate Diaz fight in our near future.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Cowboy will give up any realistic run at the title but he will still fight his ass off, now as a gate keeper, to make that money.

BruuceWarduck_sl

shitlord
It is such a huge loss for Cowboy. It is probably back of line for him. And last time, he had to win 8 in a row to get his shot... fuck.

I predict a Cowboy v Nate Diaz fight in our near future.
One of my fav fights I actually just rewatched this today for some reason. Before the fight Nate knocking off his stupid fucking hat. Cowboy giving him the finger at the pre fight fist bump. Then Nate picking him apart and theres this part between rounds Cowboy looking absolutely gassed in his corner, camera cuts to Nate pacing back and forth and giving Cowboy the finger talking shit, cuts back to Cowboy looking like hes about to cry

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
First thing I noticed when I clicked on that link is that Brandon Vera is their HW champion. Had no idea that guy was even still around.

As for the weight cutting. I sure hope they can find a way to actually enforce this, and it catches on. It has always seemed stupid to me that fighters are regularly walking into the cage 10-20 lbs heavier than what they weighed the previous day. Cutting a few pounds is fine, but the shit they are doing now is just stupid.

Hopefully this catches on.

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Shits been going on forever and its way to much of a pain in the ass. if Wrestling and Boxing hasnt done shit about it I doubt MMA will

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Id be more interested in finding a way to cut down on training injuries, but I doubt that's realistically possible.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Shits been going on forever and its way to much of a pain in the ass. if Wrestling and Boxing hasnt done shit about it I doubt MMA will
Does Boxing really do the same extreme weight cuts that MMA does? I really don't follow boxing, but for some reason I didn't think they cut nearly as much.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Does Boxing really do the same extreme weight cuts that MMA does? I really don't follow boxing, but for some reason I didn't think they cut nearly as much.
Some do. But they have weight classes every 3-8 pounds, not 10-15lbs apart until LHW > Cruiserweight. So you can do a much more moderate weight cut and still gain some advantage. But there's definitely guys that still go extreme. I recall a fight where Vinnie Pazienza(I think) looked like James Irvin when he cut to 170.

mioppw.jpg

Also the smaller class differences combined with large weight cuts are why you see guys win titles in like 5+ different divisions as they get older. Pacquiao and I think Camacho both won 7 different division belts. In MMA that would be winning every belt from Bantamweight through Heavyweight. In Boxing that's 30-40lbs over your career.

Manny Pacquiao started at Flyweight(112) and his last belt was Welterweight(147).

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
UFC recently signed Alex Morono from lfc. Honestly to me is one of the last very talented local area fighters to be called up. He has a very "fedor"demeanor/look to him, but he is very talented standing up and on the ground. Yall should keep an eye on him.