MMA Thread

Furious

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
No reason Nate can't win if he fights smart like he did against Michael Johnson. He's got a pretty huge size advantage, both weight and reach, and he knows how to use his jab. He's not bad in the clinch either.

When I try and think about this fight logically I come down to a near 50/50 fight that hinges entirely on which guy can control his tendencies and fight to exploit the other guy's disadvantages. Which is obviously the case in most fair fights but there's very specific stuff going on in this one.. If Conor loads up on the leg kicks that Nate is prone to just absorbing, traditional style not the lateral/push stuff he loves so much, he's in god shape. Nate will get frustrated and fight dumber and leave himself open to more. Flipside is the Nate size advantage obviously.
Nate had 3 day training camp. 5 rounds will be next to impossible. Conor will kick him in the body right away to make sure he is out of gas then Conor won't have to worry about Nates power and can toy with him. Plus Conor is on Steroids.

I hope Nate wins but It looks like he is set up to lose. UFC want Conor vs Robbie for 200, then Nick after that claiming he could kill Conor on a full camp.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Nate and his brother are two of the best conditioned fighters in UFC. Nate was training for a triathlon before accepting the fight.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah I wouldn't at all worry about Nate's conditioning.

Could you imagine if Nate was able to get Connor on the ground though? I think Nate would submit him pretty quickly.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
He's a Diaz.Only way it ends up there is by accident or after a knockdown.At which point itwouldbe real bad news for Conor. As long as it wasn't a nasty knockdown by Conor.

Also it's one N. Not Connor, Conor.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
wtf? Yeah she got dominated in the 2nd but that was not a 10-8 round.

*edit*

And now two judges give Anderson a 30-27? What the fuck. I've only seen two fights scored and I'm already pretty sure these are the worst judges in the sport.

Column_sl

shitlord
Holly wins this fight if she sticks with the jab and kicks. Her reach is just too overwhelming.

She made a mistake in the 2nd round going for those arching punches that are easy to duck under.

have this 3-1 Holly. If Miesha can't come up with anything this is any easy win for Holly. Miesha should have finished this in the 2nd

Column_sl

shitlord
Wow Holly what a dumb move getting that close with 2 minutes to go.

I don't even understand that, why even risk it when you are that far ahead.

Mayweather needs to coach that bitch on how to run

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Props to Miesha for understanding that she was losing that fight if she didn't get desperate. I liked that temper tantrum by Holm when she wouldn't tap but knew she was gonna pass out.

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
Man, Ronda is going to be looking for that rematch tomorrow. She is going to throw Tate out of the goddamn octagon.

Rais

Trakanon Raider
I don't think it was a temper tantrum. I think it was her body doing half of what the oxygen deprived brain was telling it to do. Thank fuck Tate won tho. Shit all over Dana!

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Unless you literally turn around and sprint away, you can't keep Miesha from shooting when she's perfectly willing to eat shots trying for it. Maybe if Holly had another 6 inches of reach or something.

Column_sl

shitlord
Except you dont sprint away you dance to the side like a boxer...

That is one of the dumbest decisions I've seen in awhile. Watch the replay she swings close to Miesha when the take down happened. Is the knockdown that important? Just take the win, and be smart.

All she had to do was dance and counter for 2 min...

That was not a counter what Holly was doing at the end of that fight.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Ronda is the happiest person on Earth tonight.

I don't think it was a temper tantrum. I think it was her body doing half of what the oxygen deprived brain was telling it to do. Thank fuck Tate won tho. Shit all over Dana!
Certainly this.

Even in boxing, it has been a weird fucking night for favored fighters. Conor better fight smart! Favorites are falling left and right.