MMA Thread

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
All I will say is Nate Diaz, 6' tall. Conor, 5'9". The only way he was going to beat you is A) if you gassed yourself a little B) For some fucking reason let your chin hang. Such a stupid fucking fight by Conor.

The Fight Game Gods claimed some casualties tonight.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Have to think Conor won't get the RDA fight now. You can't lose to a LW (even if the fight tonight was at 170) and expect to still get to fight for the LW belt. Think he has to either do a rematch with Nate at 155, or go defend his FW belt against Aldo or Frankie.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
HBO's Larry Merchant used to say, boxing, might as well be the "Theater of the Unexpected". That is also very applicable to MMA or combat sports in general.
Feel like this is one of the rare times I can quote myself.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
You would think people would learn from Anderson Silva about keeping their hands down and acting like a moron.
Yup. As soon as it looked like he had Nate in trouble, he got cocky as fuck, dropped his hands, and paid dearly for it.

These fights did not disappoint!

I'm happy for Miesha. She has always seemed classy in defeat and willing to keep grinding towards the next shot. Ronda did most of the shit talking and always tried to make her look like the villain, but then we all eventually realized that Ronda has the demeanor of a child.

It sucks to see the Conor-train derailed because he is so entertaining, but damn what a fight! I'm happy for Nate too, and it kinda sucks that his win doesn't result in a belt since Conor was outside of his usual weight class. Nate is not in the same weight class as RDA either, so what does this fight earn him? A fight against Robbie Lawler?

Furious

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
These fights did not disappoint!

I'm happy for Miesha. She has always seemed classy in defeat and willing to keep grinding towards the next shot. Ronda did most of the shit talking and always tried to make her look like the villain, but then we all eventually realized that Ronda has the demeanor of a child.

It sucks to see the Conor-train derailed because he is so entertaining, but damn what a fight! I'm happy for Nate too, and it kinda sucks that his win doesn't result in a belt since Conor was outside of his usual weight class. Nate is not in the same weight class as RDA either, so what does this fight earn him? A fight against Robbie Lawler?
It means if Conor can't beat nate, he sure as fuck can't beat a RDA. He gassed after 3 mins. LoL

Conor has no choice but to drop and face Frankie.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
It means if Conor can't beat nate, he sure as fuck can't beat a RDA. He gassed after 3 mins. LoL

Conor has no choice but to drop and face Frankie.
The Lawler fights or any at 170 were pipe dreams. Conor doesn't have a big frame and looked a little flat at 170 with that weight.

I'm obviously not going to say Conor would beat RDA after that abortion, but if he fights smart and clinically like he did the first round, can RDA take the amount of clean shots Diaz can (doubtful). In the same return RDA wouldn't fight like a retard and would wrestle-fuck him.

Just playing Devil's Advocate.

Furious

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The Lawler fights or any at 170 were pipe dreams. Conor doesn't have a big frame and looked a little flat at 170 with that weight.

I'm obviously not going to say Conor would beat RDA after that abortion, but if he fights smart and clinically like he did the first round, can RDA take the amount of clean shots Diaz can (doubtful). In the same return RDA wouldn't fight like a retard and would wrestle-fuck him.

Just playing Devil's Advocate.
You serious? RDA KILLED Nate. Nate On a 3 day camp Killed Conor. Do the math.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
You serious? RDA KILLED Nate. Nate On a 3 day camp Killed Conor. Do the math.
I obviously never said I'd favor Conor, by any means, but its still a relevant question. Sometimes fighters fight stupid fucking fights. There has been numerous times when favorites lose, come back and clean up in rematches.

It's not impossible to theorize that lets say Conor could stay off the ground with RDA for the first round and finds a way to hit him with the same shit, cleanly, who's to say RDA for sure takes it like Diaz? No one is arguing that Diaz is a better fighter than RDA (RDA handled Diaz), but its pretty well known styles make fights. In fairness to Conor he fought a style in Diaz who can take freakish punishment, and wing shots with some power. Kind of a shitty style matchup + dude is bigger.

Ps. Now Aldo is calling out McGregor. Loser.

Furious

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I obviously never said I'd favor Conor, by any means, but its still a relevant question. Sometimes fighters fight stupid fucking fights. There has been numerous times when favorites lose, come back and clean up in rematches.

It's not impossible to theorize that lets say Conor could stay off the ground with RDA for the first round and finds a way to hit him with the same shit, cleanly, who's to say RDA for sure takes it like Diaz? No one is arguing that Diaz is a better fighter than RDA (RDA handled Diaz), but its pretty well known styles make fights. In fairness to Conor he fought a style in Diaz who can take freakish punishment, and wing shots with some power. Kind of a shitty style matchup + dude is bigger.
Right.

UFC booked Diaz because it was a sure win for Conor. Mystic Mac said 1st round. Nate beat him to the punch 99% of the time. Not bad for being stuck in the mud. Trust me, there is nowhere for Mac to go but down. He will fight aldo or edgar next and lose if they drag him into late rounds.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Nate beat him to the punch 99% of the time. Not bad for being stuck in the mud. Trust me
What fucking fight were you watching? Clearly not the rest everyone else did. Any punches until the last 1:30 Conor was slipping and fucking out classing Nate.

And "Trust me"? Yeah no, I'm not going to trust some guy who thought Nate was winning that fight & out boxing Conor for most of that fight. Especially one who thinks Aldo will beat Conor. Get the fuck out of here. I'm certainly not a McGregor stan, but even I know that sometimes there are variables, and circumstances to losing. Props to Nate, he served a fat fucking slice of humble pie.

Drakurii

Golden Baron of the Realm
What fucking fight were you watching? Clearly not the rest everyone else did. Any punches until the last 1:30 Conor was slipping and fucking out classing Nate.

And "Trust me"? Yeah no, I'm not going to trust some guy who thought Nate was winning that fight & out boxing Conor for most of that fight. Especially one who thinks Aldo will beat Conor. Get the fuck out of here. I'm certainly not a McGregor stan, but even I know that sometimes there are variables, and circumstances to losing. Props to Nate, he served a fat fucking slice of humble pie.
Why do people always do this shit, just admit your dude lost and move on, if the fighters can't find an excuse neither should the fans, let the haters have their day and come back stronger and handle your business.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Why do people always do this shit, just admit your dude lost and move on, if the fighters can't find an excuse neither should the fans, let the haters have their day and come back stronger and handle your business.
My original post I literally said, "Hey, I am playing Devil's Advocate".

Yeah Conor lost, I think we all saw whats happening. I am simply replying to a stupid statement that was insinuating he was dominating the majority of the fight or something similar. Lol, Jesus Christ. Conor got waxed, he deserved it. All I was doing was looking down the road, which is apparently extremely hard for people to do in the moment. BTW, no fucking way am I saying Conor should get an RDA shot. Not a fucking chance. Edgar? Sure. But even then there is no way I am letting him fight for a belt at 155 until he, if he even could, beat Nate.

I'm happy for Nate too, and it kinda sucks that his win doesn't result in a belt since Conor was outside of his usual weight class. Nate is not in the same weight class as RDA either, so what does this fight earn him? A fight against Robbie Lawler?
Fight had to be fought at 170 for it to be saved, so any "rewards" Nate will reap will be at 155. Maybe a RDA rematch? Hopefully a Ferguson fight or something similar would be better.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Still surprised he fought Nate. Always thought Diaz could be a shitty match up for him, very high risk-low reward. At least if you get smoked by RDA its for a belt!

calhoonjugganaut

Trakanon Raider
Even if he was outclassing Nate for a little while Conor still looked slow at 170. 145 he's a beast and I think 155 is a weight class he'd look good at too. He did just step it up 25 lbs for the Diaz fight. I'm still a big fan of his but Diaz exposed his needing some work on the ground game. I'd love to see them fight again at 155. Just imagine if it were Cerrone who got that shot.