MMA Thread

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Wait there was some people who thought Nate out boxed Conor? Until the hits that shook Conor in the second round Nate didn't do shit. Conor threw a lot of punches that hit and missed, huge waste of energy but to say Nate had him in the striking game? Some of you fools need to get your eyes right. Nate's durability is on point. Heres for you Nate. #thuglife

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Conor's gas tank went in the middle of the second round.
Couldn't tell if he was out of it from one of the punches he took or just completely ran out of gas. Conor started just standing there taking shots with no defense outside of wild haymakers

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Couldn't tell if he was out of it from one of the punches he took or just completely ran out of gas. Conor started just standing there taking shots with no defense outside of wild haymakers
I think he gassed himself going for too many home run swings. The post fight press conference had him basically admitting that he got gassed and thought he could just rock Nate with one or two shots. THEN he also got caught, and Nate recognized it immediately and finished him.

I don't think it's wrong to say Conor was getting the better of Nate before he gassed though, we'll see if they ever fight again if Conor can adjust his style and realize he can't just knock out anyone with one left hand. I think he completely underestimated how carrying all that extra weight would affect him. Nate clearly was just feeling him out for the first round and his length was keeping Conor at range. Maybe Nate can get into the discussion for a shot at RDA again now.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I think Conor overestimated how much damage he had done busting Diaz open like that and got cocky. With as much scar tissue as that dude has, a light breeze could bust him open.

Jive Turkey

Karen
Why do people always do this shit, just admit your dude lost and move on, if the fighters can't find an excuse neither should the fans, let the haters have their day and come back stronger and handle your business.
Accurately describing how a fight went isn't making excuses. It looked one sided in Conor's favour after the first round. As soon as the second round started, I noticed how tired he seemed and Nate took advantage. Conor got beat fairly squarely, but it's not like he was getting the shit kicked out of him the entire fight

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I don't know if it's an excuse, but it's somewhat accurate. Conor took a gamble throwing everything he had in the first round. So he definitely was beating him until then, but it bit him in the ass when Diaz didn't go down and McGregor had nothing left.

Wurstsalat

Silver Knight of the Realm
I don't know if it's an excuse, but it's somewhat accurate. Conor took a gamble throwing everything he had in the first round. So he definitely was beating him until then, but it bit him in the ass when Diaz didn't go down and McGregor had nothing left.
Everything he had? I thought that round was kinda slow paced and was surprised he gassed so fast.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Everything he had? I thought that round was kinda slow paced and was surprised he gassed so fast.
Ambi just types the first thought that comes into his head and doesnt actually put any effort in to making comprehensive posts. The 1st round was Connors round but no way did he expend his entire energy reserve in 5 minutes. The added weight was the culprit, he jumped more than 20 pounds in like 130 days and thought he could just overcome it with no problems. Sonnen predicted before the fight the added weight was gonna make him slower and more vulnerable to fatigue.

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
Ambi just types the first thought that comes into his head and doesnt actually put any effort in to making comprehensive posts. The 1st round was Connors round but no way did he expend his entire energy reserve in 5 minutes. The added weight was the culprit, he jumped more than 20 pounds in like 130 days and thought he could just overcome it with no problems. Sonnen predicted before the fight the added weight was gonna make him slower and more vulnerable to fatigue.
Yeah I heard the same thing on his breakdown of the fight. He also mostly harped on the fact his power may not transfer up like he thinks, and he keeps his chin out alot. Not to mention he totally was not working the body as much as he should.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Conor threw way too many wheel kicks (which he acknowledged in the presser). He also drives me crazy when he throws back-handed uppercuts. They expend so much energy, are hardly ever going to find its target on a bigger man, and are so easy to counter. If you're going to lead with an uppercut let it be your lead hand. It'd be amazing if he just jabbed more.

Along with the obvious circumstances, Nate did acknowledge Conor "hit pretty damn hard for a little guy". Not sure you can take morsl victories after that kind of loss, but if so, there you go.

JVIRUS

Golden Knight of the Realm
Just rewatched the fight. In my opinion round 1 was competitive if not even, with Nate landing far more short, light power hooks than I had noticed the first time. Conor slows down with 1 minute to go and instantly eats a derpy jab then straight left, and is taken down with ease. The left hooks that opened up Diaz' eye did little else. Minute one Round 2 Conor lands a devastating liver shot followed moments later by a left straight so clean that if Diaz had a brain it may have killed him. All the while Conor's eating short hooks from both of Diaz' hands that keep adding up. Conor walks into a loaded up jab at 3:25, after which Conor no longer has the speed to evade Diaz' advancing jabs and the rest is history.

Furious

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
What fucking fight were you watching? Clearly not the rest everyone else did. Any punches until the last 1:30 Conor was slipping and fucking out classing Nate.

And "Trust me"? Yeah no, I'm not going to trust some guy who thought Nate was winning that fight & out boxing Conor for most of that fight. Especially one who thinks Aldo will beat Conor. Get the fuck out of here. I'm certainly not a McGregor stan, but even I know that sometimes there are variables, and circumstances to losing. Props to Nate, he served a fat fucking slice of humble pie.
You are wrong.

Nate Diaz Stockton Slaps Conor McGregor at UFC 196 - YouTube

Can't do that if Conor is out boxing you. Conor was exposed, had slow hands, gassed, got rocked, and did a quick tap.
Also showed me that Holy is tougher than Conor.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
So him being gassed had nothing to do with him expending energy.

Got it.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
You are wrong.

Nate Diaz Stockton Slaps Conor McGregor at UFC 196 - YouTube

Can't do that if Conor is out boxing you. Conor was exposed, had slow hands, gassed, got rocked, and did a quick tap.
Also showed me that Holy is tougher than Conor.
Oh wow, you proved me wrong. Way to cherry pick a 43 second clip. The longer guy slapping someone else. Conor was out striking Nate the whole first round, Nate conceded that he was getting hit constantly early on.

Jive Turkey

Karen
Not to mention he totally was not working the body as much as he should.
This surprised me the most. I suppose he was limiting body kicks to keep from winding up on the ground, but I thought for sure we might see him open up the first round with a spinning kick to the body

Furious

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Oh wow, you proved me wrong. Way to cherry pick a 43 second clip. The longer guy slapping someone else. Conor was out striking Nate the whole first round, Nate conceded that he was getting hit constantly early on.
I think you are cherry picking. Nate said he was caught 1 time and if he had more then a 3 day camp he would likely not even had been hit. I tend to believe him. Nate clearly beat Conor on the boxing , to say otherwise is retarded.

Also, when is Conor going to go box Floyd?
Conor McGregor says hes "certainly" interested in a Floyd Mayweather Jr. fight - LA Times