MMA Thread

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Rousey, even in defeat, is still the "face" of women's mma. Granted I'd much prefer Tate as the face over her, but whatever. Rousey was a cash cow before, and given the kryptonite of Holm isn't on the horizon for the moment, it would be silly not to have her "comeback" be against someone she has defeated soundly twice before for the belt. It's marketing BS, but for the UFC it makes the most financial sense.

Personally I'd rather see a Holm/Tate 2, but considering they didn't immediately do Rousey/Holm 2, it makes sense for them to do the same thing this time.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Rousey, even in defeat, is still the "face" of women's mma. Granted I'd much prefer Tate as the face over her, but whatever. Rousey was a cash cow before, and given the kryptonite of Holm isn't on the horizon for the moment, it would be silly not to have her "comeback" be against someone she has defeated soundly twice before for the belt. It's marketing BS, but for the UFC it makes the most financial sense.

Personally I'd rather see a Holm/Tate 2, but considering they didn't immediately do Rousey/Holm 2, it makes sense for them to do the same thing this time.
Exactly. I feel like this was the perfect result for the UFC because obviously they were going to give Rousey the title shot, especially after Tate won. If Holm had won convincingly I dont think that rematch happens. But the fact that Tate tapped her out, and has won 5 straight, she is in the perfect position against Rousey as she will be the champion and the one with the momentum. Rousey will be a slight underdog IMO, or at least there will be huge doubts as to what she will do on fightnight, which is a first for her. If Rousey wins she the champion again and all things are right in the world again for Dana White.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
You really think everything Ronda did before that loss was irrelevant though? Its almost like everyone jumped off the bandwagon all at once because she lost to a veteran boxing striker with a ton of experience toting an undefeated record (yeah the level of opposition is nothing to write home about but the womens roster is limited given how new it is) who got Rousey to fight her fight. There was no excuse, she did look absolutely feckless, but given what she had done up to that point, I dont think its fair to completely throw her in the trash as a fighter. Everyone loses in MMA. I think she can beat Tate she already ripped her fucking arm off her body, I think she still has it.
Aside from Tate, Ronda did pretty much nothing but crush cans in a completely undeveloped division. She basically did the same thing Royce Gracie did in UFC 1-4. I'm not saying she isn't a good fighter, I'm saying she did nothing in her fight with Holm to deserve a rematch, whereas Holm took it deep into round 5 in a fight that looked like Holm would win by decision until Tate got her down again.

Jive Turkey

Karen
Aside from Tate, Ronda did pretty much nothing but crush cans in a completely undeveloped division.
This x1000. And the UFC, especially Rogan, kept perpetuating the meme that Ronda was one of the greatest to ever live so much that she started to believe it herself. Then the know-nothing casuals would repeat it ad nauseam. Plus, she has a dog shit attitude, so seeing her lose was delicious.

Rais

Trakanon Raider
I hope Tate tells Dana to go fuck himself, and gets "injured" and forces cunt to rematch Holly.

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
Agreed. It should be Holm vs Rousey for #1 contender and then the winner faces Miesha.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Eating my own words a bit. Nate wasn't training for a triathlon, but he still can go 10 rounds probably any day.

Instagram

"I wasn't trainjng for a triathalon before this fight I was on a yacht in cabo gettin my chillax on wit my dudes @gilbertmelendez and crew before I got the call but #alwaysreadyforwar in season or not"

If you don't wanna go to instagram it's a video of him taking shots of tequila on a boat.

Muurloen

KGADNda.jpg

Muurloen

Fuck that fat fuck Henry. Never made weight for Legacy and missed weight twice for UFC. I hope Mighty Mouse send that porker into a deep depression where the only thing that makes him happy is his hourly churros ration.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Havent watched much UFC lately but find it hilarious both people on the new game cover just lost.