MMA Thread

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
The shit talking between Cormier and Jones just seems so terrible and childish by this point that I can't even watch any press conference they're in.

Jive Turkey

Karen
I'm no Jones fan, but Cormier's smarm after winning the belt without having to beat Jones was too annoying. I hope he gets smashed

Rais

Trakanon Raider
Cormier is such a smug asshole. He always has been. He thinks hes gods gift and everyone else is just bad. Ya he can talk people up, but he did it only to try and make Jones look bad. Just like after the Gustafsson fight, saying that fight pushed him to the limit, that it was the hardest fight he ever had etc etc. How about the fact you got your shit shoved it by Jones and made you give up. Ya Jones has his issues and I'm sure he talked shit to Cormier, that's the name of the game. It's how Cormier is talking shit now about Jones drug use etc shows how low Cormier is. Talk shit about in the ring, and the fighting aspects. You bring personal life into it, you just claimed the shitbag reward.

UFC 188 Video: Daniel Cormier confronts Fabricio Werdum in awkward situation - Bloody Elbow

Jive Turkey

Karen
Werdum's response to that video and fight:

ze1Fkwc.png

calhoonjugganaut

Trakanon Raider
I like Jon Jones because he's a bad ass, not because he makes bad decisions outside of the octagon. Cormier was fun to watch in Strikeforce and I was on his bandwagon once upon a time, but his smug personality is just annoying. I never get why people talk shit after they get their ass beat like he did the first time around with Jones besides selling a fight, but this fool actually thinks he's capable of doing so. The only shot he has of holding the legitimate LHW title starts with Jon going up to heavy and staying there.

Hizzem_sl

shitlord
I want to know how Jon Jones was so dominant. So above evryone else.. Yet was racking up rails. Still Training and being just better.
I don,t understand that

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Pretty large reach advantage over most fighters, and abusing the rules that you can't do soccer kicks on a "down" opponent, hence all the crawling around and shit. He was also warned for eye pokes a bunch due to him always keeping his fingers in people's faces. He is definitely a very good striker and his wrestling is solid, however. It's not that he was -way- better than everyone else (Gustoffson(sp) almost had him) but he made use of some sketchy techniques while also being just a really good mma artist. Can't say it wasn't super effective, though.

His incredibly cocky/disrespectful attitude is what makes most people into haters, but he pretty much always backs it up. I predict the rematch with DC is going to go very similarly, with a very similar end. DC's a bit too resilient to just eat a couple of shots and be done, and even if Jones gets him to the ground it'll most likely be evenly matched. You never quite know, though.

calhoonjugganaut

Trakanon Raider
I don't understand why Conor wants to fight him again at 170. Nothing was even on the line. Why have that as your main event at UFC 200? Hopefully Jon Jones can have a quick turn around after killing Cormier next month.