MMA Thread

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
The cop even says on the camera that he didn't say Jon broke the speed limit. So what constitutes drag racing?

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
You think people would know by now you don't talk to a cop without a lawyer present.
Choose your response from the following four options:

"Yes, sir."
"No, sir."
"I do not consent to any searches."
"I respectfully decline to answer any questions without my attorney present."

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
Jon Jones Arrested for Probation Violation (Mug Shot) | TMZ.com

032916-john-jones-mugshot-1.jpg

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
who cares if its not fair to him. Asshole has banked up enough dickhead comeuppance, he should of been in jail. ya dig.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
That bodycam footage was just ridiculous. Even if the cop was harassing him, you just keep your mouth shut. He has the money to fight it in court and being an asshole to the cop won't solve anything.

I also don't even know what kind of a retard goes driving around after midnight in a Z06 while still on probation for a felony hit and run. The cop may have been something of a dick for trying to jam Jones up, but I mean c'mon. Jones was fucking asking for it.

So what constitutes drag racing?
This is just the one charge. I don't know if he actually has a modified exhaust. Illegible license plate...that one sounds like it may not stick."Unable to maintain a traffic lane"and"exhibition driving"makes it sound like he gunned it for a short distance and then stopped, but legally that may not make a difference.

66-8-115. Racing on highways; exception.

A. Unless written permission setting out pertinent conditions is obtained from the chief of the New Mexico state police, and then only in accordance with such conditions, no person shall drive a vehicle on a highway in any race, speed competition or contest, drag raceor acceleration contest, test of physical endurance, exhibition of speed or acceleration or for the purpose of making a speed record,whether or not the speed is in excess of the maximum speed prescribed by law, and no person shall in any manner participate in any such race, drag race, competition, contest, test or exhibition.

B. As used in this section:

(1) "drag race" means the operation of two or more vehicles from a point side by side at accelerating speeds in a competitive attempt to outdistance each other, or the operation of one or more vehicles over a common selected course from the same point to the same point for the purpose of comparing the relative speeds or power of acceleration of the vehicle or vehicles within a certain distance or time limit; and

(2) "race" means the use of one or more vehicles in a manner to outgain or outdistance another vehicle, prevent another vehicle from passing, arrive at a given destination ahead of another vehicle or test the physical stamina or endurance of drivers over long-distance routes.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I'm curious why we are seeing the cops body cam but not his patrol car? I'm not saying he did or did not do anything. I just want to see the fight and this might fuck that up.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Yes he is. Dana said win, lose or draw his next fight is a 145 defense against the winner of Aldo / Edgar.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Yes he is. Dana said win, lose or draw his next fight is a 145 defense against the winner of Aldo / Edgar.
Yeah, was just going to come back and post this. If you read the article I linked.

According to White, the winner of the interim title fight between Aldo and Edgar will definitely face McGregor next.

"Win, lose or draw in this fight against Nate Diaz, (McGregor) will go in and fight either Jose or Frankie," White said. "Whoever wins at UFC 200."

Furious

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah, was just going to come back and post this. If you read the article I linked.
Dana also said after he lost to Nate the other week he will go back down. Why do we need to see a replay of a fight that just happened with a very clear winner?

Lame.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Dana also said after he lost to Nate the other week he will go back down. Why do we need to see a replay of a fight that just happened with a very clear winner?

Lame.
100% agree. This fight makes, literally, no sense.

Well sorry, other than the $

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
100% agree. This fight makes, literally, no sense.

Well sorry, other than the $
It would make very slight sense if it was at 155. At least then it would have some relevance to a division both guys will likely be competing within down the road. Still, at least Aldo and Frankie get to do an Interim fight with a guarantee that Conor is going back down to face the winner.

I actually don't mind seeing the rematch in general, I think there was enough irregular lead up to it (Nate on short notice, Conor fighting 25 pounds above what he'd ever fought at in the UFC) that a rematch isn't the worst idea ever...it's just really stupid when it's holding up the FW belt. Do it down the road, not now.

Jive Turkey

Karen
Why is it an interim belt?? I get that it will have been a while since Conor defended the 145, but make it a #1 Contender fight. An interim belt makes no sense

Necrath Evilcraft

Golden Knight of the Realm
Why is it an interim belt?? I get that it will have been a while since Conor defended the 145, but make it a #1 Contender fight. An interim belt makes no sense
My guess would be that it was their way of trying to force Conor to abandon the rematch and he wouldn't so if nothing else they force him to have to fight the winner afterwards? Who knows. I just hope Nate beats him even quicker this time around.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm less than stoked about the rematch. Largely due to the fact that Connor didn't look game at the catchweight, and they're doing it again? And then he has to drop 20lbs (probably more) to get back to FW contention. The whole thing reeks of monetary vs. competitive justification, and as one of the few divisions I sort of care about these days, it's kind of saddening.

Not to mention Jones and his retarded shit. Goddamn that guy's a gifted fighter and does some of the stupidest crap outside of the octagon.