MMA Thread

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
What am I supposed to be looking at? The link from Reddit is to a dead Twitter page.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Fighting sports have such an antiquated way of training. It's awful sometimes, I can speak from a first person view that they are very behind the times compared to some other sports. There is good in traditional training, but there is a shit ton of worthless over training. Still remember seeing the 24/7 for the Cotto-Martinez fight and the new trainer they brought in who had NFL/MLB experience was explaining how poor the training methods are (Mackie Shilstone is a great read as well on the topic). Now that PEDs have more attention paid to them, it will be interesting. Seems like once a week a major fight is called off for UFC.

The Dauntless One

Lord Nagafen Raider
And what was his reported injury? Fucked up his back?

That appears to be some pretty terrible form. But I haven't seriously lifted in years, so I don't really know shit about shit anymore.
Dead lift never really changed. He would be lucky not to get a spinal prolapse or worse in the lumbar spine with that form lifting that much.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Frank Mir: My career is likely over if USADA suspends me for two years - MMA Fighting

First I read of Mir being busted for PED's. He should retire either way to be honest, but that is pretty shitty if that keeps him from being able to commentate also.
I agree. He just needs to stop fighting completely, but I don't have any issue with him commentating.

Also, think I'll take Rothwell over JDS, odds be damned, if I had to pick. Might take the rest of the card favorites though.

Fedor

<Banned>
rothwell is going to fuck jds up

VyQyyZ.gif