MMA Thread

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
And of course OSP gets taken down and gasses after about 30 seconds of wrestling. He had absolutely nothing left by the end of that round.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Large amount of ring rust there, kinda could see it on his face the whole fight. Extremely surprised OSP lasted, good on him for short notice.

Ugly win is still a win, its good he wasn't fighting DC though.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Ugly win is still a win, its good he wasn't fighting DC though.
Yup, totally agree. I think DC getting injured was for sure a blessing in disguise for Jones. He looked really tentative, and just not at all himself out there. Hopefully he comes out with a clean bill of health and him and DC can fight at UFC 200.

Pretty weak card overall. DJ is so far above everyone else in the 125 division, I really hope he moves up to challenge himself.

Jive Turkey

Karen
That's not how you do it
frown.png

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Watching the post fight conference right now. Apparently OSP had a broken arm for the 4th and 5th rounds, and Jones was in a wheelchair in the backroom. Dana didn't have much info on why Jones was in a wheelchair, but didn't think it was a major issue. Said he was just tired and overwhelmed.

We'll see how this all pans out

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
I have seen this pointed out elsewhere on the internet and I tend to agree; Jones seems to rely very heavily on gameplanning for opponents. He knows how to neutralize his opponents strengths very well, and getting a last minute fight against a dangerous southpaw striker definitely seemed to confuse him for a bit early on. John did figure it out as the fight went on though, he should have just chained TDs on OSP though and that fight would have ended quick, OSP's ground game is atrocious and he gasses badly when wrestled.

That said I still think he handles DC easily.

Column_sl

shitlord
I have no doubt he puts DC away, but he did get lucky with a warm up fight.

I can't believe DC was crying about not facing Jones tonight because he would have won easily against this Jones with ring rust.

What a bitch, fight him at his best ,and then if you beat him there is no excuses.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
I have seen this pointed out elsewhere on the internet and I tend to agree; Jones seems to rely very heavily on gameplanning for opponents. He knows how to neutralize his opponents strengths very well, and getting a last minute fight against a dangerous southpaw striker definitely seemed to confuse him for a bit early on. John did figure it out as the fight went on though, he should have just chained TDs on OSP though and that fight would have ended quick, OSP's ground game is atrocious and he gasses badly when wrestled.

This is almost exactly what Jones just said at the post fight conference. He said he really didn't think it was ring rust, but that he is so big on studying his opponents, that switching to a heavy handed southpaw with 3 weeks really screwed up his game.

Apparently the wheelchair thing was simply him being exhausted, and he said he will be ready for UFC 200

Wurstsalat

Silver Knight of the Realm
I really enjoyed the Cormier interview at the end. It seemed like he was having fun and his commentary througout the fight was honest and respectul towards Jones. I didnt expect that.
Besides that - DJ is a beast and as everyone knows JJ's performance was kinda meh.

When they announced Reem vs Arlovski i was actually really surprised hearing Reem ranked that high in the Heavyweight devision. The Heavyweight roster needs some new Fighters for sure.

Wurstsalat

Silver Knight of the Realm
I have no doubt he puts DC away, but he did get lucky with a warm up fight.

I can't believe DC was crying about not facing Jones tonight because he would have won easily against this Jones with ring rust.

What a bitch, fight him at his best ,and then if you beat him there is no excuses.
To be fair i think that everyone would have reacted like that if there is such an animosity between people / fighters. And he wasnt exactly crying about it.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
He wasn't crying at all. He just said yeah if I'm being honest I'd rather fight Jones tonight cause he looks rusty. Anyone in their right mind would say that.

Column_sl

shitlord
He wasn't crying at all. He just said yeah if I'm being honest I'd rather fight Jones tonight cause he looks rusty. Anyone in their right mind would say that.
Even if you think that , you don't say that shit out loud.

With their history, You want to fight Jones at 100% and prove to the world you are the best.

He should have said I'm glad I didn't fight this version of Jones because it would have proved nothing. I want to fight the Jones that destroyed me in 2015, and show everyone I'm a different fighter now, and deserve the belt.

Furious

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Even if you think that , you don't say that shit out loud.

With their history, You want to fight Jones at 100% and prove to the world you are the best.

He should have said I'm glad I didn't fight this version of Jones because it would have proved nothing. I want to fight the Jones that destroyed me in 2015, and show everyone I'm a different fighter now, and deserve the belt.
He did say that during the fight. DC said something along the lines of "I want to fight JJ at 100%" after Rogan mentions he's fighting bad

Column_sl

shitlord
He did say that during the fight. DC said something along the lines of "I want to fight JJ at 100%" after Rogan mentions he's fighting bad
No, he said he was disgusted by the Jones he saw fighting tonight, and if that Jones comes to fight him he will lose.

Then after that thought started sinking in 20 mins later when they were doing after fight analysis he goes in with he felt so sick he couldn't fight Jones tonight because he would have easily beat him with the noticeable ring rust...

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
DC sounded like a rational human being. I like him a lot better when he is not doing the shtick.