MMA Thread

calhoonjugganaut

Trakanon Raider
Haven't been mad about a decision in a long time. That rustled my jimmies. No way Woodley wins 3 out of 5 rounds or gets a 10-8 round in round 5. Absolutely fucking wild.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Haven't been mad about a decision in a long time. That rustled my jimmies. No way Woodley wins 3 out of 5 rounds or gets a 10-8 round in round 5. Absolutely fucking wild.

Seriously this. I could maybe see you giving him 2 rounds, definitely round 5. But fucking 3 rounds? Give me a break.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah that was one of the shittiest decisions I have seen in a while. However, I am not even going to fault the judges. Those fuckers put on a terrible performance, and Thompson didn't do a whole lot to win that fight.

But yeah, terrible decision

calhoonjugganaut

Trakanon Raider
Sorry to comment back to back, but Woodley had 2 moments the entire fight. Wonderboy didn't let him have any more than that. That just pisses me off as a fan. You can't have two moments over 25 minutes and call yourself the best welterweight of all-time. You can't even call yourself champ after that. Fuck.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Those fuckers put on a terrible performance

Depends on your viewpoint, I guess. While not an "exciting" fight, Thompson was absolutely tactical and did exactly what he needed to win the fight and not get caught up in Woodley's blitzing technique/power. What the fuck is Thompson supposed to do? Brawl with him? Please..

EDIT: Scorecards - Two judges gave the 2nd round to Woodley and LMFAO at the 10-8 5th round. Fucking Christ.

Last edited:
  • 1Cutler
Reactions: 1 user

calhoonjugganaut

Trakanon Raider
Not one of the judges got that shit right. Honestly can't recall the last time a scorecard got me so bothered...though it happens all the time. I guess the others weren't just as memorable.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Depends on your viewpoint, I guess. While not an "exciting" fight, Thompson was absolutely tactical and did exactly what he needed to win the fight and not get caught up in Woodley's blitzing technique/power. What the fuck is Thompson supposed to do? Brawl with him? Please..

EDIT: Scorecards - Two judges gave the 2nd round to Woodley and LMFAO at the 10-8 5th round. Fucking Christ.

Yeah I mean you are absolutely right, and I know Thompson 100% won that fight. It was just such a snoozefest it was frustrating to watch. So I suppose I should recant my statement and I can blame the judges, because Woodley absolutely did not deserve to win that fight.

LOL at those scores.

Edit: I can't wait for Woodley to come out and say how racist everyone is for not giving him the respect he deserves, and not because he is just a terrible champion that has nothing to do with his skin color

Jive Turkey

Karen
The 10-8 was because that judge didn't give Woodley the 2nd round and had to fudge the 5th round. I bet if you go back and look at close championship fights, the 2nd round almost always goes to the champion unless it's extremely lop sided. It's like they factor in the whole "you gotta beat the champ to be the champ" and the 2nd round seems to be the insurance round

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
The 10-8 was because that judge didn't give Woodley the 2nd round and had to fudge the 5th round.

Yeah, if you look closely you can even see where he originally scored it 10-9 and then covers it up by making it an 8. Sal D'Amato is pretty notorious for being a shit fucking judge though.

It sucks because Thompson doesn't really have a style that's going to be able to knock a guy like Woodley out, so he has to fight him tactically. Use his reach, slip away, and just score points. He does exactly that and the judges shit on him because it doesn't have a "wow" factor? Get fucked.

calhoonjugganaut

Trakanon Raider
Yep. He had the perfect gameplan, executed it and the judges just fucked him all up in the end.

Oh well, I guess. Not really sure who he'll get next. Lawler would be fun to watch.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Yep. He had the perfect gameplan, executed it and the judges just fucked him all up in the end.

Oh well, I guess. Not really sure who he'll get next. Lawler would be fun to watch.

no thanks, resign Rory if you're going to do that fight.

Thompson has too much bicycle in him to waste a Lawler booking on. We've seen guys with way less bicycle like Hendricks completely shut down Lawler. Boring.