MMA Thread

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
UFC would not have helped Conor broker this deal if UFC and Conor didn't come to terms with defending the belt. Conor ain't gonna see anything over 50 million in his pocket, and very likely less than that.

I can see going against the Fertittas and trying to make your own deal, but going against the people who literally control every aspect of Hollywood promotion and decide who is a celebrity and who isn't?

That was never going to happen. WME had the gun to Conor's head more than UFC brand itself.

WME provides A list party access, A list celebrity and fame, A list connections. They are so huge and so massive of a talent agency with so much reach, that they call the shots on who is an A lister. You can bet the WME honcho explained 2 very different futures to Conor during the meetings. It wasn't Dana White with the "do you want to be a fucking fighter" routine, or Lorenzo with the "This company has done a lot for you, we've spent a lot on your marketing".

If you want to keep your fame you aren't pissing those guys off. Its not about movies-- WME controls celebrity itself.

Last edited:

Goatface

Snoop Dogg and Urijah Faber to offer remix commentary on Dana White's Tuesday Night Contender Series.

The show, "Dana White's Tuesday Night Contender Series," debuts July 11 and will air on UFC's internet subscription service Fight Pass. It will consist of five live fights every Tuesday in Las Vegas, featuring talent that is not yet signed to the company.
A traditional commentary team is expected to be announced shortly, but viewers will also have a secondary audio option titled "SnoopCast," which will feature the hip-hop artist alongside retired fighter Urijah Faber. The pair will provide commentary from on-site.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Fedor

<Banned>
DDgDl8qXkAAPcs_.jpg:large

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I can see going against the Fertittas and trying to make your own deal, but going against the people who literally control every aspect of Hollywood promotion and decide who is a celebrity and who isn't?

That was never going to happen. WME had the gun to Conor's head more than UFC brand itself.

WME provides A list party access, A list celebrity and fame, A list connections. They are so huge and so massive of a talent agency with so much reach, that they call the shots on who is an A lister. You can bet the WME honcho explained 2 very different futures to Conor during the meetings. It wasn't Dana White with the "do you want to be a fucking fighter" routine, or Lorenzo with the "This company has done a lot for you, we've spent a lot on your marketing".

If you want to keep your fame you aren't pissing those guys off. Its not about movies-- WME controls celebrity itself.

Going full Lumi with this shit

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Goatface

Chris Weidman was on MMA Hour taking about the Cyborg-Magana slap

“I came in like, ‘C’mon, guys, let’s calm it down,’ and as soon (as I did that) ‘Cyborg’ just stops screaming at Magana, looks at me and says, ‘Don’t touch me.’

“I was like, ‘Alright, I’m good!’”

“So I backed up and then within a second (Cyborg) takes her hand and cracks Magana. Magana did a little shaky leg thing and right away she got teary-eyed. At least from what I heard, right away she started to say, ‘I’m calling the cops’.

“The best part of it is, Dana White has the video. He showed me at this thing (we did), but I don’t know if he’s ever going to release it. It is hysterical the way I backtracked.

“They were busting my balls but I have no shame. What am I going to do, step in there to Cyborg and say, ‘No, I will touch you’ and she kicks my ass? What am I gonna do kick her ass? Either way, I’m screwed.

“What if she knocked me out? I may as well just retire then.”
from here

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Goatface

this weekend is a double feature
Ultimate Fighter Finale on Friday, Fox Sports 1 Prelims start at 7pm est , Main Card at 9pm
UFC 213 Saturday , 6:30pm for early prelims on fightpass, 8pm FS1 for prelims, 10pm PPV

anyway, looks like UFC can't be bothered to even update the TUF page

Shano

Golden Knight of the Realm
Pretty sure Jesse is gonna wrestle fuck the hell out of Dhiego. Dude is giant for 170, not even sure how he makes that weight. Shame Garbrandt is injured, really wanted to see him and TJ go at it.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I like how the ref kept warning her. Would never happen in K-1. This ref isn't taking orders from upstairs on the earpiece.