MMA Thread

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
She's much better with longer hair.

I never understood why women would cut their hair really short. I guess it was that, "I need a change, a new me" shit that all girls did right after college or some shit. I loved telling friends who did that, that they made a mistake and you should always cherish your long hair.
Wait, you are actually trying to rationalize her buzz cut as anything other than being a professional fighter at the very top of her sport?

When you are in the gym 3 times a day, rolling around on sweaty mats, getting tangled up with your opponent, and training to be the best prize fighter in the world, I don't think you want to be worried about when your next trip to the salon is.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Wait, you are actually trying to rationalize her buzz cut as anything other than being a professional fighter at the very top of her sport?

When you are in the gym 3 times a day, rolling around on sweaty mats, getting tangled up with your opponent, and training to be the best prize fighter in the world, I don't think you want to be worried about when your next trip to the salon is.

I mean, I completely understand why she does it. I was just pondering everyone else. Still It'd be nice if she just slight-braided it or whatever. I think she'd also be quite a bit more marketable, and who doesn't like more money!

fris

Vyemm Raider
she has the face of an angel, but the body of a 10 year old boy.

if UFC's streaming service does that, have to question every other streaming service. i wouldn't be surprised if it's w/in most of the 'free' but 'questionably legal' sites out there.

Penalty

Lord Nagafen Raider

I think the only reason she cuts it short is because Pat Barry likes to pretend shes a little twink in bed

• 1Barf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
She's much better with longer hair.

I never understood why women would cut their hair really short. I guess it was that, "I need a change, a new me" shit that all girls did right after college or some shit. I loved telling friends who did that, that they made a mistake and you should always cherish your long hair.

Anyways, I'm in some weird middle ground with Rose. I don't shrink, but there is not vertical movement thinking about her... She's just, there.
She's not a new wave feminazi.

In fact she says she spends SO MUCH time braiding her hair, why not just pvz it.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I've said it before but there needs to be some way to punish fighters for training camp injuries that doesn't simply encourage them to fight sick/injured.

Unfortunately I'm pretty sure those two concepts are mutually exclusive.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
It might not work for individual fights, but you could certainly develop a statistical case for certain trainers/camps having a high injury rate and then use that against them when it comes time to negotiate contracts. A certain amount of injury just comes with the territory, but camps like AKA are notorious for counterproductive training.

Goatface

early odds from Bovada
Georges St-Pierre -150
Conor McGregor +120

Georges St-Pierre +135
Robert Whittaker -165

apparently GSP hurt his neck in the fight
any word on how long Whittaker is going to be out?

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
I have no desire to see Conor fight GSP. The size difference would be stupid. And GSP cutting to 155 seems like a stretch as well.

No thanks.

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
I have no desire to see Conor fight GSP. The size difference would be stupid. And GSP cutting to 155 seems like a stretch as well.

No thanks.

It's all about what Conor shows in his next two fights. If he has a solid ground game and takedown defense, he's got a chance against GSP. GSP has a clear skill advantage but after another year plus of getting old, Conor just needs to stay on his feet long enough to land the right shot. Can GSP out-chess him out use some MMA skill or will Conor clock him?

GSP cutting down to 155 and old leaves him vulnerable. Conor should welcome the challenge and the mega payday - he either beats the best MMA dude ever (cue the "old, etc." excuses) or he gets the another storyline to sell as he hits 30.

Still comes down to what Conor does in the meantime.