MMA Thread

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
really hope they get Stipe fighting again soon

don't like giving Diaz a title fight

conor need to be stripped

I'm with Lanx-- if Nate subs him, the hype goes into the stratosphere and it produces a big fight. That said, I don't think its a great idea to ruin Diaz-Conor III with a lame Woodley snoozer. Especially considering Conor is ducking Tony. I'm sure his excuse is hes enjoying the holiday and if they want a holiday weight cut, put the money up.

Stipe not getting a deal done for New Years is pushing unforgivable. Gonna be nearly a year ago by the time we're actually going to see him again.
Stuff like that matters because no TV deal signed means they need more PPV buys. I find it hard to believe Stipe doesn't draw.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
oh i will put up avatar bet all in on Holly

now that J/W has lost EVERYTHING and jon jones is a shit show retard, J/W can ONLY bank on Holly again

J/W Needs this more than Holly does.

Well, I am not about to wager anything worth much on the forum. But I will make a 1 month avatar bet with both of you. If I Cyborg wins you each wear an avatar of my choosing for a month. If Holly wins we can either get you guys to agree on something, or I can split it 2 weeks/2 weeks for each of your choosing. Unless you have a better idea?

Bruuce

Blackwing Lair Raider
Well, I am not about to wager anything worth much on the forum. But I will make a 1 month avatar bet with both of you. If I Cyborg wins you each wear an avatar of my choosing for a month. If Holly wins we can either get you guys to agree on something, or I can split it 2 weeks/2 weeks for each of your choosing. Unless you have a better idea?

I don't need to split shit with anyone I'll do a full month vs your month

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
You just gotta find a dude to bet along with you on the tranny

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Congressman to UFC, Bellator: You 'need to move to a real league system' if you don’t want Ali Act expanded

The UFC has made it clear they don't want the Ali Act coming to MMA, but the Congressman who's pushing it says they'll have to learn to accept it unless they change the way they do business.

UFC and Bellator need to agree to an independent ranking bureau? Both companies need to agree to the same ranking system? Or is he comfortable with each league having its own system?

Just looking for the fast cliffs and those questions seem to be the best way to cut to it.

Goatface

i have not gotten deep into it, but seems like he would be sorta ok if ufc just honored their current ranking system
if they are going for money and "fan wants to see" fights, the fighter might as well get the benefits of the ali act

-

last nights, the prelims were pretty good, the main card was just boring

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Rankings are subjectively done by journalists and are just as bullsit. For evidence, remember when Conner, ko aldo, Brasil moved Conners ranking down, lol.

However, having everything under ufc is cool... They make the fights we want to see, if they don't fight, fuck off to bellator.

What's wrong with that system??? Or do we really want the abc intercontinental, mass heavyweight of the world, strapping 19 belts, and ducking and never fightring other retards cuz they want a 60/40 split?

You punch other ppl in the face for money, if in the end you slur your words... Well, tough

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
You are right Lanx applying the act to Joey Jobber or some co-main event journeyman who thinks he's still a hot shot draw (See Overeem) would be a disaster.

But they could carefully write an MMA version that fits the circuit NASCAR fight 3 times a year model to where it wouldn't completely ruin the sport.

Direct application of the boxing Ali Act to stars like Conor wouldn't really bother me. Fact is, it would speed up negotiations for the Conor McGregor's of the world, not slow them down. But you are either an MMA fighter in a big league or you aren't, you are either a boxer or you aren't.

What a shitstorm for the new owners though. If Conor is the driving force behind the lobbying, or has sway over the lobby effort, I'd get him paid ASAP. He's the buzz of all this. It's smart business to kill McGregor off. That is how the old UFC handled it-- when guys started talking they cut them a bigger check. The difference now is its not a $500,000 check being cut in the locker room anymore....They are asking for a $50 Million Dollar check now-- from the front office! The cost of shutting up a fighter is astronomical now.

Last edited:

Goatface

---
UFC light heavyweight Volkan Oezdemir was arrested Saturday and charged with aggravated battery causing bodily harm or disability in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.

Jail records show Oezdemir is being held on $10,000 bond as of Sunday morning. No further details on the case have been provided at this time.
---

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider

Of course weight cutting is awful. Tony Ferguson cuts to 155 from ~200, in 24 hours for the fight he's what 170 plus?

Despite all the drawbacks and risks, size is king and as long as bigger = better then people are going to put themselves in riskier situations that don't make them a better fighter.

I'd like to see the state athletic commissions step up but the problem is at the pro level I struggle to see some fighters only fighting in California or refusing to fight there or whatever.

UFC should work with CSAC to pilot this among their younger and lower-ranked fighters. Get some data and some backing to push for more widespread change. The wild west mentality is ending sooner rather than later, best get ahead of it. More weight classes, no more than 10% weight cut from 8 weeks to same-day weigh-in.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users