MMA Thread

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Cejudo fight was trash, as usual. Pettis standing around trying to jab like an idiot with thirty seconds left and two rounds down. Fuck this kid.

Worst fight of the night.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Jesus

Christ

I think Alistair just died

We literally said the same thing where we watched it...

That is the Chuck Liddell knockout. You remember Chuck's last fight? The fight Dana said thats it, no more, I saw him laid the fuck out!

Well, that was it. What he meant by laid out, watch his legs on the replay, that's Chuck's "Death legs" They say thats the brain injury posture. That "stiffening" of the body and crossing of the legs straight out yet crossing fast and stiff.

Not good. I'd like to see him hang it up as he's pretty well-spoken when he's not being a bitter bitch about tough questions. He had his time. He kicked fucking ass on the K1 champ. He kicked ass on so many great fighters for their time. Its not 2007 its not 2011 anymore. Its 2017. Go down as a legend. Fight one more legacy fight against another legend in Bellator or whatever the fuck. Just get the fuck away from the "young lions".

Take the fucking money and please go. Stipe is too young (ring age) and too fucking game. Just get up and fucking walk.

Last edited:

calhoonjugganaut

Trakanon Raider
I think it's a little early to say Overeem needs to retire. In the past 2 years he has beat Hunt, Werdum, Arlovski, and JDS. Only losing to Stipe and Ngannou. That was definitely a scary moment though. I said, "Oh shit! He's gotta be dead!" after that huge uppercut. He's always had a suspect chin and like 60 pro fights. I don't see him retiring on his own accord, especially with wins over the divisions top guys. He should probably fight Cain or Derek Lewis next to gauge if it's worth it to continue fighting in the UFC or not. He'll almost undoubtedly go to Bellator after his run with the UFC is up though.

Ngannou is a fucking problem for Stipe who likes to have fire fights with his opponents. It'll be interesting to see how the HW division develops from here.

Holloway did an awesome job.

Alvarez put himself back in the mix again beating an 18-0 Gaethje. He has gotta have a fractured maxillary or however it's spelled though. Dude goes in there and gets jabbed it seems and he's 15 rounds deep vs. Dempsey right before WW1.

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
kek

24232494_1954084508180721_1856326159427040504_n.jpg

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Gotta hand it to Alvarez, tough mother fucker. Makes me wonder if Conor is really that good to make him look like absolute shit when they fought. Holloway is the man, I really hope Frankie gets healthy enough because I want to see that fight.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
overream inked a new contract after jds, it has been 5 fights since, he probably has at least 1 more fight left on that contract.