MMA Thread

Fedor

<Banned>
Ius7UTp.jpg

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
overream inked a new contract after jds, it has been 5 fights since, he probably has at least 1 more fight left on that contract.

Derrick Lewis for retirement stakes fight. If Overeem wins, resign with UFC. Loss, Bellator.

But if I'm matchmaker-- I don't want to burn Bubba Lewis on a has-been fight. It devalues him, albeit its a great fight to solidify his legitimacy as a serious competitive heavyweight of high caliber. On second thought, it makes a lot of sense.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Ngannou is a fucking problem for Stipe who likes to have fire fights with his opponents. It'll be interesting to see how the HW division develops from here.

How about his size? We've never seen guys this big before without steroids. Overeem looked like a fat child. He's a fucking problem for anybody.

Its the new Lesnar except replace chemical enhancement with raw genetics. When he hit that KO we had a guy scream and stomp down "AND HE PISSES CLEAN!!". The real is real.

HW division is interesting again.

Goatface

Did Conor say something about him?

TJ cutting 6.5lbs of mass over 20 weeks to fight MM, guess in May

Goatface

Mark Hunt cleared for return to Octagon
The veteran slugger underwent a series of medical exams at the Lou Ruvo Center for Brain Health at the request of the UFC after revealing symptoms of head trauma earlier this year.
'The Super Samoan' passed tests in Sydney but was told he wouldn't be cleared until he was examined by the organisation's doctors in Vegas.
Hunt's manager Zen Ginnen told The Daily Telegraph that Brazilian former champ Fabricio Werdum would be the preferred opponent.

“So we would love for Fabricio to be Mark’s opponent in Perth,’’ Ginnen said.

“We think Francis Ngannou is next in line for a title fight (with champ Stipe Miocic). So we’d like to go up against Fabricio and hopefully be in line for a title shot at the back end of 2018.”

---------------

from oddsshark
UFC: Stipe Miocic vs Francis Ngannou Betting Odds
Odds as of December 5 at 5Dimes
  • Stipe Miocic +120
  • Francis Ngannou -150

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
News ringing hollow without a new Stipe deal signed. Glad they are choosing to ignore Hunt's lawsuits, accusations, and out of ring antics on social media though. The NFL would react otherwise.

The UFC probably feels bad about the lawsuit since it will just end up with Hunt owing them legal fees. I can't remember if the Wanderlei suit..oh nevermind, the UFC sued Wanderlei, not the other way around.

That is a really interesting dynamic. Wanderlei gets sued for talking shit on social media, but Hunt is shrugged off for making similar insinuations and about to be cleared to fight. Brazilian racism?

Last edited:

Goatface

think Hunt has a chance to win, ufc changing the rules for brocks return gives it a little weight
the list of shit is suing for is pretty crazy

did the Wanderlei lawsuit end with anything other than a facebook apology?

---

UFC still hasn't signed a new tv deal, reportedly should be done by end of year or early next year

2017 viewership
FS1 main cards down 13.1 percent.
Prelims of the FS1 shows down 5.9 percent.
FOX specials are down 30.9 percent

Goatface

Ronda Rousey's move to WWE appears to be imminent

Two people close to Rousey told USA TODAY Sports that she is finalizing details of her move to WWE. The people requested anonymity because the switch has not been announced.

----
UFC middleweight champion Georges St-Pierre said Wednesday he's uncertain whether he'll fight again at 185 pounds to defend his title.

"We'll talk about it, but I'm not sure if I compete I will go back at 185," St-Pierre said to TSN. "I don't think so."

St-Pierre is expected to be sidelined for the foreseeable future due to a bout of colitis, and the UFC is reportedly moving on with the division, with interim champion Robert Whittaker in talks to fight Luke Rockhold at UFC 221.

Jive Turkey

Karen
oh dear lord, are they actually going to talk about MMA or more pygmies drinking brown water?

I can't fucking stand Wren. Guy goes to Africa once and is like "Hey, I've got a Pygmy family now". Not to mention he's there to spread his bullshit religion.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user