MMA Thread

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Man I really have not been paying close attention. I didn't even realize Machida was still around and fighting

Edit: God damn. His last win was back in December 2014 against CB Dolloway, and he has been finished in his last 3 fights.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I loved him when he first hit the UFC but that's what happens to your career when your entire fight plan revolves around a single strategy and you have absolutely zero capacity to adapt when your opponent doesn't play in to your strategy.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
forbes, yahoo and other sites are running the story, but all seem to link back to Combate

Isn't GLOBO the equivalent of NBC in Brazil? Largest public media access conglomerate akin to ABC, FOX, CBS? Quite possibly as large as all 3 combined at this point?

What am I missing? Does Globo run a clickbait division called Combate off its main website? If Globo picked it up I have absolutely no reason to doubt them at this time. Globo would be the first news agency to break any major Silva news. So again, unless the website has a self-reported news section (I.E. CNN utilizes self-reported blog news on its website as you navigate further away from the main page) then its legit.

The doubt in this thread makes no sense to me. If Globo is reporting it on its main news feed then its legit. You bet your ass their running the story.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
At least Cro-Cop had the human decency to call 'em up before they flew out to Croatia "Hey its me. I'm steroiding and just injected myself. Don't bother". The only man in MMA to be banned via telephone conversation.

I know many of you guys know this, but steroids are a different culture in Brazil, like gatorade at the gym. Asking Silva to stay clean is like asking an American Inventor to have invented something useful-- not happenin.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Fedor

<Banned>
upl6fi4njwd01.jpg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Goatface

Munhoz vs Dodson cancelled after Minhoz weighed in 5lbs over (140)
Dodson wouldn't accept 140 catchweight

Michel Prazeres missed weight by 5lb, 3rd time in 4 fights has missed weight
supposedly will no longer be allowed to fight lightweight
he came in at 161, so fight is now catchweight
but Prazeres can not weigh more than 173 and reportedly was already at 171 last night

this could be a terrible night

calhoonjugganaut

Trakanon Raider
Not sure they are going to be able to keep UFC 222 as a PPV having lost the main event. Some talks about Edgar vs. Ortega for the same date, but not sure that would be PPV worthy. The rest of the card isn't very attractive. Some good fights and a couple undefeated fighters, but not really a lot of ranked fighters.

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
They could always pony up the money for an interim belt with Conor.

Dude looks BIG to make 145 on a month's notice though.

Goatface

been a bunch of places talking about blah the next 2 ppv are, even before hallowway got hurt

don't remember it being brought up here, but was reading that prices went up $5 for 220

wonder if it sold more than 500k

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Alright I guess I need to see this. That's Dana's *insert Steve Mazzagatti's name here* rant.

Wasn't he also trashing Big John at one point and shadow banned him from the UFC/Nevada events for working with Bellator... Forgive me if I'm skeptical of those claims when he has trashed every referee in the sport, save for Big Dan Miragliotta, (probably because he would beat his fucking ass as his last act. You don't fuck with Jersey.)

If Dana had his way we wouldn't have any refs.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Alright I guess I need to see this. That's Dana's *insert Steve Mazzagatti's name here* rant.

Wasn't he also trashing Big John at one point and shadow banned him from the UFC/Nevada events for working with Bellator... Forgive me if I'm skeptical of those claims when he has trashed every referee in the sport, save for Big Dan Miragliotta, (probably because he would beat his fucking ass as his last act. You don't fuck with Jersey.)

If Dana had his way we wouldn't have any refs.
lol how they even catch that? the fight was like nine min and 30s long and 8mins 30s of it was on the ground. whats the complaint even? bullet destroyed that poor girl... an unknown fought the best wmmas striker.

I mean even then, that girl had to tap to a r nc

Last edited: