MMA Thread

The Dauntless One

Lord Nagafen Raider
I guess Gus is the one that gets hosed in all of this. His earliest date for a title fight would be near end of the year, if JJ isn't back, or DC chooses not to fight JJ.

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
This is an awesome start to the card. Next up is to get us some TJ-MM - four champs in two superfights.

Want the biggest card ever? Get Alvarez-Diaz and Conor-Khabib. Khabib will be ready for a short turnaround because he won't sustain any damage taking the belt from Tony, and Conor jumps at the chance to get Khabib with the perceived disadvantage.

This might not be the best for the business because it stacks a lot of talent onto one night, but they could charge stacks of cash for this.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
The card could also have Cyborg/Nunes. Three championship fights to unify six weight classes. The potential is amazing.

Origin

Molten Core Raider
I really like both DC and Stipe, but i don't think that this is the right fight for either of them.

Goatface

The card could also have Cyborg/Nunes. Three championship fights to unify six weight classes. The potential is amazing.

international fight week curse, 2 fights will get canceled

-
was looking at his weights in last 2 HW fights
DC/Mir = 235lbs
DC/Nelson = 244lbs

supposedly he walks around at low 230's outside of camp now
looks like he gets down to 212-217 after camp

will be interesting to see how much muscle he puts back on

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.

I'm always surprised at how much padding he carries. It obviously works for him, and I know he's got some sort of endocrine/kidney problems from years and years of bad weight cuts, but you'd think that with proper diet and enough time he could lean up more than he has and be better at 205. *shrug*

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider

Probably not much. He's not any lighter than Stipe, just means he doesn't have to cut - same as Stipe, gets to eat and diet normally leading up to the fight without dehydrating himself.

No point in putting on a lot of weight/muscle for a HW fight that he might have to work extra hard and cut when he drops back down.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Stipe wins that. He isn't one of the old guard, washed up guys that Daniel was cleaning up in the HW division a few years back.

Goatface

frank-mir-fedor-emelianenko-bellator-192.jpg

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
So much for rumors you hear on the radio, eh? Maybe just a bad angle but to get distention like that comes from a lot of couch and computer chair time which distends the abdominal wall. He must have just been doing nothing but getting pregnant.

Wonder who inseminated him cuz that's a big seed.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Interested to see her capacity.

Some of the women's division doesn't require any wrestling talent and then some of the women's division does real high impact wrestling. Should be interesting to see which side of the business Ronda signed up for, given her status. I'd respect her a lot more if she is active roster and taking bumps.

Rais

Trakanon Raider
Why is it whenever I see Frank in a normal tshirt, he has massive sweat spots on them? I also doubt that's 20 abs under his shirt. He seems like he has been taking the 'ol Hambuger Hendricks training method.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
unless Jones gets another break, he shouldn't be back until july

Dana said he liked the possibility of Jon Jones and Lesnar both fighting in the UFC in 2018. Lesnar I can believe, as he is finishing his USADA testing as we speak-- but Jones? Why say that?

Unless he's just blowing smoke because of the UFC being in dire financial straits...we should keep in mind Dana has NEVER spoke that way about a drug penalty before. His usual comment is stuff like "whatever", "we'll see what happens", "its up to the commission", "these guys have rules, man", "he fucked his career up what a tragedy". Not stuff like "Yeah I like the chances of Jones fighting in 2018" with a dumbass smirk on his face-- which flies in the face of logic and the policies.

He's never come out and hedged expectations on a penalty before, and I don't understand why the change in tune now? I mean does he have guys on the ground in China dumping bags of Turinabol into protein powder vats or what? New owners flexing their /\/\ossad connections? If he was trying to get eyeballs on the penalty and keep Jones name out there with that comment-- it worked because I am kinda hyped to see the result now.

Last edited:

Goatface

apparently most of it comes jones' team meeting with usada earlier this month
in a interview few weeks ago, Bisping said word is he is might be getting cleared
went on to say, they are spending a lot of money on testing and looking for loopholes
couldn't find a date for his hearing other than sometime next month.

-
UFC on FOX 27 draws record-low overnight rating
1.593,000 viewers and an 0.5 rating in the key 18-49 demo. The number was a 21-percent drop from the same show last year and a 35-percent drop from two years ago.

The previous low mark was 1.64 million viewers and 0.6 in the 18-49 demo for the July 22, 2017 show, headlined by Chris Weidman’s win over Kelvin Gastelum.
-

final rating won't be out till tuesday, but still pretty shitty
while the main card wasn't that bad. the pre lims were rotten
whoever thought it was be good to show 3 chick fights in a row should be fired