MMA Thread

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
Mayweather wouldn't win an MMA fight vs anyone on the UFC roster, never mind Conor. It's just a different sport.

Goatface

when Might Mouse challenged Floyd. he said wouldn't even try to take him down
clinch, knees and kicks

also Shevchenko entered the W'sFW rankings at #1 and will get next title shot
her leaving W'sBW, moved Holy back up to #1 lol

also also edit
Dana White promises 'moron' Mario Yamasaki will never ref again
“I think he’s disgusting, and I never want to see him reffing ever again.”
“He makes me sick. That guy has no business reffing fights. And I promise you, you’re never going to see him again.”

=

UFC 220 - Miocic v Ngannou estimated to had around 350,000 buys

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Shano

Golden Knight of the Realm
Wonder when Dana got such a hard on for Mario. Back in the day it was Mazzagatti, who probably actually deserved it, but Mario has been around forever also and always seemed to be one of the better refs. I didn't see that fight with Valentina but sounds like he should of stopped it sooner but then ppl would of probably bitched like when he stopped Lee vs Chiesa when Chiesa was gonna go to sleep but wouldn't tap lol.

Guess Dana just likes to slam refs, he even had it out for Big John for awhile who is probably the best ref they've ever had. Although he has called Herb Dean the greatest ref ever (lol).

Noah

Molten Core Raider
also her corner could have thrown in the towel - I have only ever seen that happen one time and it was Nick Diaz throwing in the towl to save his brother Nate from a (worse) beating

I think it should be used more frequently

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Wonder when Dana got such a hard on for Mario. Back in the day it was Mazzagatti, who probably actually deserved it, but Mario has been around forever also and always seemed to be one of the better refs. I didn't see that fight with Valentina but sounds like he should of stopped it sooner but then ppl would of probably bitched like when he stopped Lee vs Chiesa when Chiesa was gonna go to sleep but wouldn't tap lol.

Guess Dana just likes to slam refs, he even had it out for Big John for awhile who is probably the best ref they've ever had. Although he has called Herb Dean the greatest ref ever (lol).

Everytime Mario was gonna stop the gnp, he warned her to defend and she did

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Everytime Mario was gonna stop the gnp, he warned her to defend and she did

If the tape shows him doing his duty and enforcing intelligent defense then I don't see how the commission will agree with UFC to keep him off of UFC events, but its happened before.

calhoonjugganaut

Trakanon Raider
Mario gets a lot of guff. Exactly what Jayrebb said. The chick covered up each time until she couldn't. It should be on the corners to stop a fight. Ain't no coming back from that type of ass whooping. That ass whooping was all around. Not like it was Bisping on top of Hendo in a 3 round fight and if he could just get through a few more shots on the ground and stand back up there might be something left. Nah, the Valentina/Priscila fight was much different. Cool you got heart, but your coaches should already know that and protect you when you can't or won't.

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
Two New Main Events As UFC 222 Card Is Saved - Pundit Arena

Cybro vs Kunitskaya for headlinder, Edgar vs Ortega co-main.

If Ortega wins, he's gotta be next in line for the title. Fight of the Night July 27th, Fight of the Night + Performance of the Night December 9th, and another quick turnaround against a guy who's already well into his camp.

Cybro on the other hand is going to murder that girl. Women's MMA has a matchmaking issue; I hope Dana is ready to blame the ref again for his company's shortcomings.

• 1Worf

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Two New Main Events As UFC 222 Card Is Saved - Pundit Arena

Cybro vs Kunitskaya for headlinder, Edgar vs Ortega co-main.

If Ortega wins, he's gotta be next in line for the title. Fight of the Night July 27th, Fight of the Night + Performance of the Night December 9th, and another quick turnaround against a guy who's already well into his camp.

Cybro on the other hand is going to murder that girl. Women's MMA has a matchmaking issue; I hope Dana is ready to blame the ref again for his company's shortcomings.
Lol, it's like Dana was so mad the bullet , a Russian destroyed his new brazil prospect, he gonna get his Brazil cybro to massacre the new Russian prospect.

• 1Worf

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Rafael dos Anjos: Tyron Woodley is ‘running away from logic’ by wanting to fight Nate Diaz

I've always been perplexed that people think Nate Diaz will suddenly be a draw now when not fighting Conor. It's not like the guy was headlining ppvs before that fight.

The whole situation at WW is a great example of why the UFC has lost so much interest from me and apparently many, many others over the past year or so. Anyone who who's a decent fan of MMA knows Diaz fighting for any title is a total joke given he hasn't fought in forever, and when he did we saw how badly he lost to top WWs.

Yet Tyron is holding shit up anyways, He wants the easy fight despite the fact he's already considered one of the most risk averse champions in UFC history after his last couple fights.

UFC might have made a ton of money off Conor. But i always felt there was a good chance taking the genie out of the bottle and unleashing the wwe like curiosity fights and theatrics over the sport would be something that hurts it more then any short term money made. It's looking as if i may well have been correct.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This was a really, really great episode. The first hour and a half is better than the second half, but I found the whole thing enjoyable.

Matt Brown is a pretty interesting guy. He is a naturally curious person. Which leads to these fascinations, which lead to obsessions. Beyond all that, he is incredibly Ambitious and has a brain & an internal motor that just won't stop.

I still don't understand why jayrebb jayrebb was painting him as the anti-christ a few weeks back. He seems like a fucking cool dude.

His upcoming fight with Carlos Condit should be bonkers.

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
I could not help but laughing when he starts talking about how some Metal Band called "Hate Breed" turned his life around with it's positivity.

Not to shit on the guy, or the band i know nothing about but it just sounds very funny out of context to me and i suspect most people who have no idea who these guys are.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Middleweight Yoel Romero vs. Luke Rockhold [a]
Heavyweight Mark Hunt vs. Curtis Blaydes
Heavyweight Tai Tuivasa vs. Cyril Asker
Welterweight Jake Matthews vs. Li Jingliang
Light Heavyweight Tyson Pedro vs. Saparbek Safarov
Preliminary Card (Fox Sports 1)
Lightweight Damien Brown vs. Dong Hyun Kim
Middleweight Rob Wilkinson vs. Israel Adesanya
Featherweight Jeremy Kennedy vs. Alexander Volkanovski
Flyweight Jussier Formiga vs. Ben Nguyen

i'm gonna go hunt and rockhold, not a single womans fight and main card is all pretty heavy dudes, i'm hoping for scraps and zero decisions.

calhoonjugganaut

Trakanon Raider
They normally do that early weigh-in thing but they didn't do it today. The card kicks off at 7:30 A.M. or something Aussie time on Sunday morning so maybe the weigh-in's tonight will be the early weigh-in...kinda like olden times.

calhoonjugganaut

Trakanon Raider
Also picking Hunt. Rockhold and Romero is a toss up. I think Rockhold is a better MMA fighter but Romero is tough as hell. Should be a really good fight.

Bruuce

Blackwing Lair Raider
I could not help but laughing when he starts talking about how some Metal Band called "Hate Breed" turned his life around with it's positivity.

Not to shit on the guy, or the band i know nothing about but it just sounds very funny out of context to me and i suspect most people who have no idea who these guys are.

Its Hatebreed, and they are the most inspirational hardcore band that has ever existed get f'd

• 1Salty
Its Hatebreed, and they are the most inspirational hardcore band that has ever existed get f'd

While I can totally understand if you've never heard the band or read their lyrics, it may sound odd that a band called "Hatebreed' would have anything positive to say. I am being 100% honest when I say, this band saved my life when I was younger, as cliche as that sounds, I was in a very bad state, and I had their album Perseverance. If I didn't have this album at that moment in my life, with its extreme motivational energy, inspirational relatable lyrics, and positive messages, I don't think I'd be here right now. The title track "Perseverance" was the song I always went back to when I needed to pull myself out of the pit in my head, and I highly suggest you give it a listen with the lyrics page at the ready.

Lyrics in description.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users