MMA Thread

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
Rockhold says LHW move is imminent. I like that move. He's arrogant, yeah, but he can be fun to watch. He's also pretty big at MW. He made Weidman look a lot smaller when they fought.

If he doesn't clean up his boxing defense he's going to get KTFO by the larger LHW crowd. Which is fine with me; Rockhold is a grade-A douche.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Rockhold says LHW move is imminent. I like that move. He's arrogant, yeah, but he can be fun to watch. He's also pretty big at MW. He made Weidman look a lot smaller when they fought.

Makes sense he looked drained as hell last night barely recognized him compared to the Weidman victory.

I'd probably give him Glover Teixeira. Let him prove he can bang at 205. Would be a good intro to the division.

gak

<Gold Donor>
Beautiful K.O., glad they made out after... oops I mean made up.

ufc luke.jpg

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider

Hate on Dana White all you want, but he's a predictably simple guy.

Romero lost out on $$ but as long as he wins he's next in line for the title shot so he's happy.

Romero stepped up to fight when he wasn't scheduled, missed weight by a little bit and dominated that fight and got a spectacular win. Dana isn't going to hold 3 pounds against the division's top contender. Romero had a chance to put himself into the title fight and he put an exclamation point on it, exactly what Dana wants to see.

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Rockhold was disappointing. He didn't do anything, not sure what he was waiting for. Romero getting into his face after knocking him out was classless, I don't know what you all want from the guy. Luke probably didn't know what the fuck was going on and the guy who turned his lights off was talking about who knows what, I wanted to see Yoel get sucker punched, so Kudos for Luke keeping his shit together.

^^^^^
I couldn't believe all the dipshits standing there watching and nobody is pulling Romero away. Rockhold was probably concussed. He can be a douchebag but this wasn't one of those times.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Furious

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
^^^^^
I couldn't believe all the dipshits standing there watching and nobody is pulling Romero away. Rockhold was probably concussed. He can be a douchebag but this wasn't one of those times.
Was still funny though.

• 1Like

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
Hate on Dana White all you want, but he's a predictably simple guy.

Romero stepped up to fight when he wasn't scheduled, missed weight by a little bit and dominated that fight and got a spectacular win. Dana isn't going to hold 3 pounds against the division's top contender. Romero had a chance to put himself into the title fight and he put an exclamation point on it, exactly what Dana wants to see.

Amount of notification means nothing. He is a professional fighter who unprofessionally showed up to fight 3 pounds over weight. Standin an bangin ain't enough.

• 1Picard
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 1 users

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
Amount of notification means nothing. He is a professional fighter who unprofessionally showed up to fight 3 pounds over weight. Standin an bangin ain't enough.

And he was financially penalized – he gave 30% of his purse to Rockhold, he wasn't eligible to win any performance bonuses (another $50,000+), and he couldn't win the interim belt ($100,00+).

Khabib walks around at 200+ and cuts down to 155 to make weight. That doesn't happen on a whim.

You can't demand these fighters be able to make weight in the current system unless it's planned out months in advance.

Dude didn't show up 10 pounds over. Less than 3 pounds is an extra week to cut weight that he didn't have.

They negotiated before the fight and everyone walked away happy. UFC got to keep the event, Rockhold got paid, and Romero got the guaranteed title shot if he won.

• 1Like

The Dauntless One

Lord Nagafen Raider
While it's pretty shitty for Romero to miss weight, considering the circumstances he was put in, I'd give him a pass. But if he misses weight against Whittaker then he needs to move up or retire.

• 1Solidarity

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Safe to say Rockhold was one of the juicers before USADA. His physique looks like shit now compared to his run leading up to summer 2016. I looked at his Strikeforce resume and his pre 2016 resume and there is a huge change in his physicality and performance post 2016.

Move to 205 at 33 given his history, color me not that interested anymore. Gus would embarrass him and Ozemir would give him CTE. Prime Rockhold would have been interesting. Vitor Rockhold is not interesting.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider

Of course amount of notification means something. GTFO with that nonsense

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Origin

Molten Core Raider

Yamikazo already explained it better than i could, so i'll contribute nothing, but still call you retarded.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Yamikazo already explained it better than i could, so i'll contribute nothing, but still call you retarded.

Fuck that there can only be one retard around these parts. Take 10 paces and draw grumblethorn.

• 1Worf

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
this week
cowboy

bellator
big country v Meathead 2

n2g4gg_medium.gif

ufc159-roynelson-replay-400-3-sg.gif

FtQUJ56.gif

you can do it Roy!!, please no more boring decisions
giphy.gif

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
I want Floyd vs Baku (or whatever the muay Thai God's name is). So I can watch him get leg kicked into quitting