MMA Thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Shano

Golden Knight of the Realm
I feel like I'm reading that wrong or something because I'm not sure why that would be any kind of news now. It sounds like USADA finally handed them a 2 year ban that's retroactive to a date from... 2 years ago lol?

The suspensions are retroactive to Sept. 26, 2016, when USADA temporarily suspended them and news of their potential anti-doping violations were first announced.

So both guys can fight September of this year I guess?

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Some big moments. The judges really seemed hesitant to score a 10-8 on round 3.

I suspect the other judges MIGHT have considered it but they saw the gas just wasn't there for a sudden death round. If the gas was there, then I'd criticize the judges for not giving more consideration for a 10-8 3rd. They did what was best.

Goatface

really like chael and goldie

Nemkov/McGeary and Freire /Campos were pretty good

the chick fight was worse than normal

bellator should just give all their HW 10 mins between rounds ..........

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I definitely agree with Barnett on his treatment. We're hearing Jones is going to get off on similar technicalities and yet they wanted to throw Barnett 18 months for a smoking gun tainted supplement confirmed by USADA.

If Barnett never fights again, I can't blame him. I'd laugh if rejecting the 18 month deal results in 4 years it would just be par for the course with the USADA tyranny. Meanwhile Jones is slated to receive little to no punishment? Bizarre.

War Barnett.

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
Barnett has tested positive at least four times, dating all the way back to 2001 when anti-doping was laughable compared to today's standards. Has he even revealed what he tested hot for?

There's more to it than "tested positive" and "tested clean." Jones receiving little punishment makes sense, if the rumors are to be believed, because he had only trace amounts of some horribly stupid and decades-old drug that isn't used anywhere for only the smallest time window – the Turinabol in his system couldn't have been on purpose and it couldn't have been an amount that did anything.

How many specifics do we know about Barnett? I couldn't find any. Typical tactic used by these guys who are guilty and take illegal shit because their best defense is public opinion. Wouldn't surprise me if he's one of those guys who keeps tainted supplements around (and these guys know which supplements are tainted) to have a "reasonable defense" in case he tests positive.

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
Barnett has tested positive at least four times, dating all the way back to 2001 when anti-doping was laughable compared to today's standards. Has he even revealed what he tested hot for?

There's more to it than "tested positive" and "tested clean." Jones receiving little punishment makes sense, if the rumors are to be believed, because he had only trace amounts of some horribly stupid and decades-old drug that isn't used anywhere for only the smallest time window – the Turinabol in his system couldn't have been on purpose and it couldn't have been an amount that did anything.

How many specifics do we know about Barnett? I couldn't find any. Typical tactic used by these guys who are guilty and take illegal shit because their best defense is public opinion. Wouldn't surprise me if he's one of those guys who keeps tainted supplements around (and these guys know which supplements are tainted) to have a "reasonable defense" in case he tests positive.

Why are you such apologist? First defending Yoel for coming in 3 pounds over and using Fuck Tiramusu as an example of why cutting weight is so hard.

Now this with Jones?

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
Why are you such apologist? First defending Yoel for coming in 3 pounds over and using Fuck Tiramusu as an example of why cutting weight is so hard.

Now this with Jones?

The rumors that I've seen with Bones confirm he's stupid and careless but not guilty. Stupid and careless deserves a punishment on a different level than guilty. Of course all this is just rumors so it could be wrong, but I don't see the need for USADA to end the guy's career over this. Maybe he'll grow up and go on to have a long and prosperous career or maybe he won't, but the sport is better off if we give the idiot another shot.

Same as Yoel coming in 3 pounds over. Dude spent 2 hours to drop less than a pound – he ditched all his water weight. He cut as much mass as he could on short notice and didn't make weight in the end. Kudos for the dude for having the balls to step up and take the risk (fighting #1 contender AND not knowing he could make weight).

• 1Picard

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
Forgive Jones cuz he's get at least 5 more years of good entertainment, barrenet? Who gives a shit about old man?

Really, we just wanna see ppl get beat up, Jones dies a great job

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Goatface

from reddit
OXOpH79.png

Khabib Nurmagomedov: Conor McGregor ‘100%’ will be stripped of title, it’s in my UFC 223 contract

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Forgive Jones cuz he's get at least 5 more years of good entertainment, barrenet? Who gives a shit about old man?

Really, we just wanna see ppl get beat up, Jones dies a great job

Normally I'd agree but the HW division is nonexistent. 40 years old is 25 years old up there and Barnett was beating people up.

Its douchey to ban him when USADA confirmed his supplement was tainted by ordering the supplement directly from the manufacturer themselves.

• 1Solidarity

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
Its douchey to ban him when USADA confirmed his supplement was tainted by ordering the supplement directly from the manufacturer themselves.

Is that all there is too it?

Of course it isn't. That's the small piece of the puzzle Barnett's team is telling the press to manipulate you. They won't even tell you what he tested positive for.

Let's imagine a scenario: in a 90-day period, Barnett is tested eight times. In one of those times he tests positive for a very small amount of dumb_drug_14 but he was clean two weeks before and one week after. Turns out, his supplement was dirty and the amount tested in the supplement makes sense for the amount they found in his body. That doesn't sound like what happened here.

Let's imagine a different scenario: in a 90-day period, Barnett is tested just twice. He didn't test positive two months prior, but he does this time and he has high levels of four different drugs in his system. He claims his supplement was dirty, but he's got a lot of stuff in his system that would take guzzling this supplement 24/7 or an IV drip of the stuff and it'd be performance enhancing.

The truth is likely to be somewhere in between these two cases, of course. The story Barnett is leaking to the press is light enough on details to be 100% truthful (USADA can't hate on him for telling lies), but he's keeping enough details away from the public eye that it comes off like he knows he's guilty.