MMA Thread

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Think its been a good decade since that. Its interesting that Bellator can't even pull 50% of the Fox card numbers which are mostly considered shit. The brand is just that strong or people are not taking Bellator seriously, because I think they know it exists. Brand awareness isn't the issue.
Bellator is ufc has been or potential ufcs never wuz.

Their best champ so far is Matt tumor eye mitrione

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Goatface

so that would be around 480 days without a defense

hopefully he will hold that record for a long long time

• 1Like

calhoonjugganaut

Trakanon Raider
I'm finally getting on board with the put up or shut up shit when it comes to McGregor. He's a promo king and so fun to watch but he hasn't been away from the sport because of some Jon Jones like issues. I think he is still great, could maybe still be able to beat Max but I think he feels as uneasy about him beating Tony or Khabib as any expert or MMA enthusiast.

Wurstsalat

Silver Knight of the Realm
Really looking forward to Edgar vs Ortega. I have no idea who will win actually.
Cyborg will most likely kill that Kunitskaya girl.

Goatface

taking about the judge from Canelo-GGG fight
dc ".....she is a really nice lady"
rogan "so is my mom, but i wouldn't want her to judge a mma fight"

lol

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
taking about the judge from Canelo-GGG fight
dc ".....she is a really nice lady"
rogan "so is my mom, but i wouldn't want her to judge a mma fight"

lol
Wasn't she just paid off?, We should have came on all three judges and see their reactions.

Like, you gave three squirm faces but still gave a 10-8 somehow?

Or you sleeping, I saw you now off!!!

Fuck, imagine staring into the abyss that is the DMV wait line for 3 hours, just make that face and zone off, get paid under table

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Man 222 is a big ask for a 70 dollar PPV. 2 years ago this would be a good Fox sports show.

I know we had weak cards pre leveraged buyout era but it does seem like they are more common and even weaker when you see them now.

"Mcgregor mania" and the cancer we call the "money fight" has caused me to watch much less then i once did..

Based on declining ratings it seems like I am not the only one!

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Lombard just laid Dolloway out well after the bell. I think the fight is over

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
the cancer we call the "money fight" has caused me to watch much less then i once did..

I had no beef with the money fight until the Rockhold - Yoel Romero fight happened.

Rockhold talked all that shit about being the Money Man and telling Romero to get his stats up before stepping to him on a main event, and then it finally happens a year later and Rockhold gets starched. I'm pretty sour on any fighter that talks money fights now that we have seen "money men" get fucking obliterated, its just not the same anymore.

I used to be able to suspend belief for the Money Men for the sake of entertainment. Now, as calhoonjugganaut calhoonjugganaut said above, not so much anymore... Nate Diaz is another Money Man on thin ice with me. Sign a deal and get in the fucking cage.

calhoonjugganaut

Trakanon Raider
There really is no money guys outside of McGregor and GSP now IMO. Jones is arguably a money guy but who knows when he'll ever fight. Both Diaz brothers, I never really saw how they were money guys. Same goes with all the "greats" with shitty records. To make that kind of money you gotta take risks. DC is taking a similar risk but he says he's done in a year and having lost to Jones twice there is a just a level of legitimacy missing in his legacy that will never quite allow him to reach that level of super stardom that Conor, GSP, and Jones have attained. Lesnar shouldn't be a money guy but he's so well known in the wrestling world I guess he always will be. Dude doesn't like getting punched in the face though. I'd prefer to see a Bobby Lashley or something get more respect.

After watching Ariel's interviews with Brian Ortega, I'm hoping he can keep winning because he seems like a genuine good guy. Frankie is hard to hate too though, so it's tough to pick who I want to win the fight tonight. I think Ortega has potential to be a really likable fighter once people know who he is, but even my good friends that are excellent BJJ guys don't believe in him. As long as he doesn't start off slow tonight I think he will have a good night.

• 1Like

calhoonjugganaut

Trakanon Raider
Kind of a sigh of relief at the end of that one...I thought the Yoder chick was legitimately throwing the fight in the last minute...after 14 minutes and going down that slow and easy it just didn't feel right. I think Yoder won that one though. Dern has a lot to learn.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Powerful Joe Rogan crying on live TV.

Not a good decision...WTF is the translator doing in there?

I think Dern took 1/3 but was very disappointed overall, after the hype. When she finally got Yoda to the ground it was pretty tense tho.

Last edited:

calhoonjugganaut

Trakanon Raider
I thought Yoder had thrown the fight when it went to the ground. It was so slow and just easy/given to her. Guess it didn't turn out that way.

As for Joe crying...he's been working with that guy for decades. I missed it though. Switching between this and college basketball.