MMA Thread

calhoonjugganaut

Trakanon Raider
I don't think they'd have a problem with big pay days as long as they got the right guys to crossover. For instance, Nate Diaz doesn't have a really good record at all and they really didn't have to pay him much for either fight vs. McGregor. When McGregor does fight it's no where near what he'd get paid boxing. I think it's a good move. Right now the money is in boxing. Who gives a fuck if they crossover and get paid more? The fighter is the one taking that chance, not the promotion really. Some of that money or most of it is probably entitled to boxing only though I'd guess.

In other news, Shogun vs. Oezdemir is on for May 19, UFC Fight Night 129. Rooting for Shogun. I wish Cormier and Jones would just move up to HW and let LHW work itself out.

Goatface

bloodyelbow ran a story just the day before about Anthony Joshua talking about coming over to MMA
about wanting a couple of warm up fights then Jon Jones or Francis

-

Colby Covington vs. Rafael dos Anjos Targeted For Interim Welterweight Title at UFC 224

Has Woodley said how much longer he is going to be out?
interesting that Wonderboy is still ranked #1

-

Foyld apparently is going to apply for MMA license would nee 6-8 months to train...........

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

The Dauntless One

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm rooting for RDA. I don't see RDA losing because he's way more explosive and dynamic. It would still be pretty funny to see Covington win though. Ideally, RDA beats Covington, and then give Usman a turn to smash Covington's head in to break into top 5. If Till loses, then throw Covington at Till.

Goatface

finally official

DZdggY4XUAA-jCh.jpg

=

so guess all the talk about Jon Jones/usada being finalized by the end of this month were wrong.

Chael is saying he thinks the Josh Barnett ruling is going to be used to let jones off with a year
even-though all (9?) of the supplements he was talking came back clean.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I cannot wait for Thompson & Till. This has Fight of the Year potential. Call me crazy, but I think I would put a large sum of money on Till.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
finally official

DZdggY4XUAA-jCh.jpg

=

so guess all the talk about Jon Jones/usada being finalized by the end of this month were wrong.

Chael is saying he thinks the Josh Barnett ruling is going to be used to let jones off with a year
even-though all (9?) of the supplements he was talking came back clean.

Still a suspension anyway for Barnett. He's out of USADA testing. That puts him out past 2 years. Same suspension he would have got for testing positive and no mitigating circumstance.