MMA Thread

calhoonjugganaut

Trakanon Raider
I knew the day I posted that video of him kicking steel pipes it was over. Am I the only one that would rather see T-City fight Khabib?

gak

<Gold Donor>
there is no way tiny man holloway has a chance in hell

Through the powerz of the internetz we already have pre-footage of the fight:

u.gif

calhoonjugganaut

Trakanon Raider
Well he is 5'11" and has said before the move to lightweight is inevitable. Maybe Max will look better at 155. Will be hard to tell against Khabib, coming off of an injury, and 6 days notice. I'm kind of rooting for him, but at the same time I know how much the UFC needs Khabib to be a wrecking machine. He's basically the same size as Ferguson, probably just a little lighter.

Goatface

what does Max walk around at?

Eddie Alvarez said he got the call Sunday to replace Tony, but said he couldn't make weight as he is around 190 right now.
also said, didn't think he was the 1st choice and doubted any of the other top 155s could make weight in 6 days.

also
ufc.com has it at -475/+375
many places have Khabib -550 or more

Last edited:

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
max is 175 walk around

khabib is 198 walk around

The reason they got Max is cuz no LW could make 155 in 6days, and Max is a big FW, he actually thinks he can't make FW anymore so he was gonna be a LW anyway (new weight cut rules)

Let's not forget Khabib can land shots w/ zero windup

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Maybe I am remembering wrong but I thought MJ was lighting him up pretty well before he got taken down. Max is an accurate puncher too.

calhoonjugganaut

Trakanon Raider
Shit I'm 200...he looks 170ish to me but I got a lot of fat. I like the match up more than Tony tbh.

All this talk about who is Khabib gonna fight next. GSP is the answer.

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
what does Max walk around at?

Eddie Alvarez said he got the call Sunday to replace Tony, but said he couldn't make weight as he is around 190 right now.
also said, didn't think he was the 1st choice and doubted any of the other top 155s could make weight in 6 days.

also
ufc.com has it at -475/+375
many places have Khabib -550 or more

Yeah 6 days is an insane cut. No camp, slim chance of making weight, and if you do make it you're a ghost of yourself. Even pulling a Nate Diaz and taking the fight at 170 would be a risk for a lot of these guys on 6 days. Eddie vs Khabib is now the best matchup in the division and the one I get most excited about (besides Conor). If anyone can neutralize Khabib's strength, it's Eddie.

The tough thing about Khabib as champ is UFC now has unmarketable dudes atop 125, 155, and 170. No one cares about 135, Max is taking taking a big reputation hit with this huge loss at 145, Stipe is borderline unmarketable, and who knows where DC is going. Is Whittaker the best draw right now? Who are they going to put at the top of all these PPV cards and why is the marketing machine not turning any champion into a media darling?

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Shit I'm 200...he looks 170ish to me but I got a lot of fat. I like the match up more than Tony tbh.

All this talk about who is Khabib gonna fight next. GSP is the answer.
You watch the Ariel interview? Khabib said straight out that he wants GSP over Conor for his legacy.

calhoonjugganaut

Trakanon Raider
I didn't see the interview but that's the match to make. They will have to market him as Khabib, kind of how they did Joanna. Who knows if GSP even wants that fight though.