MMA Thread

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Long in the tooth? He's 33 you fucking moron.

*edit*

Anderson Silva is 37. Randy Couture held the HW title at 45.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Not saying he will win, but I gotta root for Benson. Gotta root for the Seattle guy.

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
Well, this isn't going anything like I was expecting it too. Ben is dominating the striking, which should have been Diaz's strongest aspect. Diaz needs a finish, and I just don't see that happening.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah, you'd think on a network with shit like Family Guy that they would've been ok with that. It's also weird when the round ends and it's instant commercial break.

Henderson is dominating the shit out of this match.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah, you'd think on a network with shit like Family Guy that they would've been ok with that. It's also weird when the round ends and it's instant commercial break.

Henderson is dominating the shit out of this match.
Yeah its because the corner guys swear like hell. I heard one 'fuck', made a joke about it in irc, and then after that they cut to commercial immediately after every round ended.

foddon

Silver Knight of the Realm
I haven't enjoyed UFC much in quite a while but watching Benson make Diaz his bitch sure was fun.

Don't be retarded. Of course he wants to be the best, but he wants to do what is within his means. It isn't just that Anderson is an amazing fighter, but he is significantly larger than GSP. If they were closer in weight I doubt there would be any hesitation in taking it. Hell, if it were the other way around and Anderson was moving up in weight to fight him I am willing to bet there wouldn't be any hesitation from GSP. He is a smart fighter and he isn't going to jump into this without thinking it through. On top of all of that, he very badly wanted to fight Diaz the first time. So I don't see this as ducking as much as having some unfinished business.
Really??? GSP is a huge WW. He walks around at 190+. AS walks around 220 max, but when he does it's fat. This fight is being talked about and always has been talked about as a catchweight lower than the 185lb middleweight that AS fights at. There is significant risk in AS cutting below 185. It is quite clear GSP is waiting for AS to lose a step before entertaining the idea of a fight with him.

And the other way around? AS has already stepped up to LHW on relatively short notice. This is why he is considered the best, and why all GSP can do is talk about one day wanting to be the best. Until he mans ups and takes fights he isn't the overwhelming favorite to win, he won't be in the running for GOAT.

Zx88_sl

shitlord
Yeah its because the corner guys swear like hell. I heard one 'fuck', made a joke about it in irc, and then after that they cut to commercial immediately after every round ended.
Wouldn't the people that oversee networks in America have a complete freak out if a swear word got through?? Fox would probably incur a huge fine?

On other note, was a great card top to bottom. And like someone mentioned, it's always great to see one of the douchebag Diaz's get their ass handed to them. That's pretty much how I think GSP vs. Diaz will play out. And after it's done we can hear how GSP is just a great round winner but Nick Diaz is a better fighter.

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Finally someone drops a diaz brother on his ass 10 seconds after he does one of his usual shitty taunts.

d7TBk.gif

d7TBk.gif

d7TBk.gif

d7TBk.gif

Celebrindal

Golden Squire
Fuck Diaz and Cesar Gracie. After shit talking Caio Terra the way they been, they can go fuck themselves.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Really??? GSP is a huge WW. He walks around at 190+. AS walks around 220 max, but when he does it's fat. This fight is being talked about and always has been talked about as a catchweight lower than the 185lb middleweight that AS fights at. There is significant risk in AS cutting below 185. It is quite clear GSP is waiting for AS to lose a step before entertaining the idea of a fight with him.

And the other way around? AS has already stepped up to LHW on relatively short notice. This is why he is considered the best, and why all GSP can do is talk about one day wanting to be the best. Until he mans ups and takes fights he isn't the overwhelming favorite to win, he won't be in the running for GOAT.
That is a 30 pound difference you are talking about there. That is 2 full weight divisions.

I am fully aware that it will be at a catchweight, probably 180, but Anderson will still walk into the cage at least 10-15 pounds heavier. At least.

Please don't get me wrong in all this and defending GSP or that I think he is GOAT. I think Anderson is head and shoulders above him. In order for GSP to win that fight he would need every advantage available to him. So my point in stating if it was the other way around he would be more likely to take the fight still holds true. If GSP came in as the bigger fighter (naturally bigger) then he would stand a much better chance. However, going in against a fighter who I feel is already better than him, and who would have a significant size advantage, does not bode well for GSP. I think GSP is fully aware of this, and before he takes that step up in competition he would like to finish some things at 170 first. He has even said in interviews that if he did take the fight he would want to put on some serious mass and possibly make a permanent move. But to say he is ducking him is ignorant. I don't see how you can duck someone when it is a move UP in weight class to fight that person.

Overall great card tonight. My picks were pretty much shit and I went 3 fights in a row which I Boosted and lost. Good thing we didn't start a new pool on this event!

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Just watched. Great event overall. Bendo looked amazing. Nate proved again the Diaz bros are fucking idiots who can't make adjustments. Siver is a monster at 145.

But I really want to talk about Matt Brown. I've been banging this drum for awhile now. Hated him on TUF, they made him look like a redneck Diaz brother on that show. As soon as he's off the show you see nothing but respect from him, comes off great. But that is all beside the point. The man deserves some kind of lifetime achievement bonus from the UFC for making every single fight he is in exciting. 4 years, 14 fights, 9-5 record in the UFC. And I can't think of one fight that wasn't entertaining as fuck. Gone to decision 3 times(2-1) and even those were exciting.

He's a midcard fighter, but he might be my favorite fighter in the sport right now. He forces people to engage like no one else, makes it impossible for the fights to be boring. I'd love for Ben Saunders to get back to the UFC and fight him. He's another guy that is all attack all the time.

edit: Now that I'm caught up

What Fox hid last night.

LUw5h.png

And apparently Bendo fights with a toothpick in his mouth. Something he's done before. I have to imagine he'll get a talking to for this.

F4Fu3.png

And for anyone curious about Scotty Jorgensen finally being totally white...

LUw5h.png

F4Fu3.png

LUw5h.png

F4Fu3.png

LUw5h.png

F4Fu3.png

Angry Amadeus_sl

shitlord
I sat next to Jens Pulver for this one. All of the fights were fun on this card. Rory is a strange dude and there was definitely a weird vibe in the audience when he entered.