MMA Thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
"Great news"...he's cleared to compete after his suspension has been served...

...effective immediately!!!

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
Aren't fighers who didn't make weight like 10-1 in the last 11 fights? Seems to be an obvious advantage

edit:
They might just be on a good run as of recently. Someone did a breakdown in March. Looks like if you take the current streak out of the equation, it's usually a bit of a wash

How Do UFC Fighters Who Miss Weight Perform?
i just posted a complete backward trend till i hit the fatty fat that lost!

"Great news"...he's cleared to compete after his suspension has been served...

...effective immediately!!!

USADA is worthless, catching a bunch of nobodies and fucking around w/ supplement taint

and fucking lazy nick diaz testing, this shit istupid
31d70b6a6a089ea5c2a4a728a23c0719.png

Last edited:

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
lol @ DHEA and cannabinoids being banned out of competition. USADA is officially unhealthy.

Shout out to Nick Diaz. Fuck these guys and their tests.

calhoonjugganaut

Trakanon Raider
He is indeed getting a shot on Dana White's Contender series this summer. Date has yet to be announced.

Also the UFC is having tryouts coming up soon for womens 145 lb. division and heavyweights for what will probably be the last season of TUF.

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider

Hard to not be a fan after that talk. Dude came across well. Said he walks around at 195, to reference our recent weight discussion.

From that conversation: How many folks in fighting are in the "I don't lift stuff up and put it back down" camp? Is forgoing traditional weight training a growing trend?

Also the UFC is having tryouts coming up soon for womens 145 lb. division

What do they need tryouts for? I thought there were only three qualifications:
1) Are you a woman?
2) Can you make 145 lbs?
3) Will you lock yourself into a cage with Cyborg for a large sum of dollars?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
3a) Can you at LEAST make it past round 1?

In the last 7 years, Cyborg has gone 10-0 inside the cage. Four of those fights went to the second round, and only one went the distance (Holly Holm is a warrior). I don't think the UFC cares if sacrificial_lamb_22 makes it to the second round; if they are screening for fighters who will last longer than five minutes, they're doing a very poor job.

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
In the last 7 years, Cyborg has gone 10-0 inside the cage. Four of those fights went to the second round, and only one went the distance (Holly Holm is a warrior). I don't think the UFC cares if sacrificial_lamb_22 makes it to the second round; if they are screening for fighters who will last longer than five minutes, they're doing a very poor job.
they just cut the bitch who couldn't even last 2mins against man thing (the girl who had her ear explode)

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
they just cut the bitch who couldn't even last 2mins against man thing (the girl who had her ear explode)

Of course they did. Who else was she going to fight?

She was sacrificed at the altar of Cyborg. Thanks for all the fish.

She answered yes to my 3 questions. Fulfilled her purpose. There will be another innocent offered for slaughter soon.

Shano

Golden Knight of the Realm
Wow I wasn't expecting Mir to look like that. He's looked pretty fat in the few photos I've glanced at leading up to this fight. Honestly expected him to look like Fedor.. who looks like he literally just got off the couch after setting the world record for eating the most bags of potato chips in 1 sitting. I mean Fedor always been pudgy but good lord. Mir probably back on the good stuff.