MMA Thread

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Ariel should just respond, "lol bitch I'll still be here when you get cut."

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Her dad lives down the street from me and I trained with him a long time ago and she never had the accent growing up. He still has his heavy Brazilian accent and it's nowhere close to hers. She kinda sounds like her step mom actually.

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
I have an aunt who was born in the States, moved to Rio when she was a kid, and has been there for 60 years. She has half the depth of accent that Dern does. On the other side, I've known Brazilians who moved to the US not knowing a word of English and have less of an accent than Dern's within two years. I'm not saying she's faking it, but for her diction and grammar in her native language to drop off a cliff in 5 years there has to be something wired differently in her brain.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I have an aunt who was born in the States, moved to Rio when she was a kid, and has been there for 60 years. She has half the depth of accent that Dern does. On the other side, I've known Brazilians who moved to the US not knowing a word of English and have less of an accent than Dern's within two years. I'm not saying she's faking it, but for her diction and grammar in her native language to drop off a cliff in 5 years there has to be something wired differently in her brain.
yea, that's the thing

she talks like she's an immigrant, look, ya'll i'm not gonna say my nyc public school grammar is tits, but it's better than any asian immigrant in the world.

Can it regress? hell yes it can, if i hung out w/ asian immigrants all day, i'm sure i'd pick up some chinglish. (for the record, i sound like a gay white guy on the phone)

But hers is super bad, and didn't she have a translator when she won her first UFC match? da fuq

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
She went to the whitest high school you can go to in this area also which makes it even funnier.

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
lol never thought about that. Her mom is a typical Scottsdale ( rich side of town) chick so maybe from her.

calhoonjugganaut

Trakanon Raider
When I was a very young teenager I met some folks from Canada drinking on the beach at Myrtle Beach. The Tom Green Show was a big deal back then. I think I talked different for a month. She seems to be milking the accent and "controversy" surrounding it.

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
Eddie Alvarez coming out and saying he won't fight until he gets a new deal. Get this done, Dana – this dude is getting old but he's far from done, he's still at the top of the division (and could get the belt again), and he's entertaining.

I don't care who he fights next, because any of the title (elimination) fights at 155 with him in it is a fight of the year candidate. Lee, Khabib, Conor grudge match, Poirier, Tony, whoever.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Eddie Alvarez coming out and saying he won't fight until he gets a new deal. Get this done, Dana – this dude is getting old but he's far from done, he's still at the top of the division (and could get the belt again), and he's entertaining.

I don't care who he fights next, because any of the title (elimination) fights at 155 with him in it is a fight of the year candidate. Lee, Khabib, Conor grudge match, Poirier, Tony, whoever.
i iknow right? eddie vs rda beatdown is the best, and rda is like the only brazillian i like too. (it was actually hard choosing between rda v. lawler too)(i take that back, barboza surviving two supreme maulings by khabib and lee has been endearing), and he fights like such a cro-magnon now he's amazing