MMA Thread

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Till wasnt that impressive. I think the weight cutting had an effect on him, even though he showed great endurance being able to still land big shots in the 5th round.

The decision isnt hard to understand, they were in Liverpool, lol. The only way Wonderboy would have won is if he knocked Till out or thoroughly dominated him.

• 1WTF
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Covington is fucking obnoxious, but that tweet is actually pretty damn funny.
That's the point? he's getting himself out there and he ain't wrong, he's winning and his tweets contributed to an intermin fight w/ RDA nextnext week, no one else in MMA is even on the same level of having a social media game.

I guess theres a fight this week too, w/ a bunch of nobodies, but still UFC225 is where its at everyone better fucking make weight, enough of this catchweight bullshit
Y9SW4Gu.jpg

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
That's the point? he's getting himself out there and he ain't wrong, he's winning and his tweets contributed to an intermin fight w/ RDA nextnext week, no one else in MMA is even on the same level of having a social media game.

I guess theres a fight this week too, w/ a bunch of nobodies, but still UFC225 is where its at everyone better fucking make weight, enough of this catchweight bullshit
Y9SW4Gu.jpg
Oh I get the point of what he is doing, but most of it comes across as way to try hard, like a fake Conor. That particular tweet though, was pretty fucking funny. "Catchweight rankings"

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Oh I get the point of what he is doing, but most of it comes across as way to try hard, like a fake Conor. That particular tweet though, was pretty fucking funny. "Catchweight rankings"
Conor hasn't been relevent since he lost to floyd and tried to stay in the news by jumping in a ring and pushed a ref and then again w/ the stupid dolly.

While Colby is the only MMA fighter w/ a social media presence

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
Bisping made it official, he's done. Will he be a HoF'er? Will we grow more fond of him through the rear view mirror?

Shame he never got the final fight he wanted, but good luck to him in the next phase of his life.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
I'm sure he'll be a hall of famer. I used to really hate Bisping, but over the years he's become far less abrasive and much more likable

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Bisping is divisive and I can appreciate it. He doesn't care if you like him or hate him, as long as you notice him. I think I prefer that, to someone like Brian Stann.

Jozu

The athletic commission in Wyoming must be huge fans of Rogans podcast, because he swears no gloves would be better for MMA and is 1000% serious.

He is an advocate because he thinks it will reduce head trauma. In theory he is correct, as gloves were implemented to protect the combatants hands, not their brains.

So let's go bare knuckle to slow down on the CTE, but create an epidemic of broken knuckles, wrists and ligament damage instead!

It's dumb, maybe gloves were made to protect hands, but over the last century of combat sports trainers have gotten really skilled at wrapping a fighters hands and the technology of materials has increased to a point where a light weight, cusion like material can be compacted into a small package and is very effective at keeping fighters' hands intact.

Floyd Mayweather would have never been Floyd Mayweather if it wasn't for Raphael Garcia, who stepped in as his cut man early in his career and started taking care of his hands and wraps, as Floyd had suffered a series of hand injuries during some of his early bouts. Post Garcia he never had a single hand injury again.

• 1Like

Goatface

Till apparently up to fight Wonderboy again

anyway, new rankings

Champion : Tyron Woodley
1 Rafael Dos Anjos (up 1)
2 Darren Till (up 6)
3 Stephen Thompson (down 2)
4 Colby Covington (down 1)
5 Robbie Lawler (down 2)

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
The athletic commission in Wyoming must be huge fans of Rogans podcast, because he swears no gloves would be better for MMA and is 1000% serious.

He is an advocate because he thinks it will reduce head trauma. In theory he is correct, as gloves were implemented to protect the combatants hands, not their brains.

So let's go bare knuckle to slow down on the CTE, but create an epidemic of broken knuckles, wrists and ligament damage instead!

It's dumb, maybe gloves were made to protect hands, but over the last century of combat sports trainers have gotten really skilled at wrapping a fighters hands and the technology of materials has increased to a point where a light weight, cusion like material can be compacted into a small package and is very effective at keeping fighters' hands intact.

Floyd Mayweather would have never been Floyd Mayweather if it wasn't for Raphael Garcia, who stepped in as his cut man early in his career and started taking care of his hands and wraps, as Floyd had suffered a series of hand injuries during some of his early bouts. Post Garcia he never had a single hand injury again.
Well its not a tickling contest now is it?

Jozu

Not sure what you mean by that, but I thought I stated my point pretty clearly.

Bare knuckle fighting is dumb.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Till apparently up to fight Wonderboy again

anyway, new rankings

Champion : Tyron Woodley
1 Rafael Dos Anjos (up 1)
2 Darren Till (up 6)
3 Stephen Thompson (down 2)
4 Colby Covington (down 1)
5 Robbie Lawler (down 2)
how the fuck does that shit show performance move till all the up to 2?

that's some bullshit right there, if anything Till does not deserve to go above The Ruthless One, fucking shameful

Robbie puts on a great show, even against RDA w/ his bum leg and Till brings his ugly ass GF tat

• 1Like