MMA Thread

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
Yup. Shit like that happens all the time. Fighters will do whatever stupid fucking thing they think they can get away with as long as it's within the rules. Cutting like that is idiotic and the rules should be structured to prevent it. It's *obviously* dangerous, even in the context of a combat sport, and can't possibly improve the quality of the competitions on net.

Where is the "super like" button?

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
UFC 225 where the prelims are WHAT???

MiddleweightRobert Whittaker (c)vs.Yoel Romero[a]
WelterweightRafael dos Anjosvs.Colby Covingtonhttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UFC_225#cite_note-9
Women’s FeatherweightHolly Holmvs.Megan Anderson
HeavyweightAndrei Arlovskivs.Tai Tuivasa
WelterweightCM Punkvs.Mike Jackson

Preliminary card (Fox Sports 1)
HeavyweightAlistair Overeemvs.Curtis Blaydes
Women's StrawweightCláudia Gadelhavs.Carla Esparza
FeatherweightRicardo Lamasvs.Mirsad Bektić
HeavyweightRashad Coultervs.Chris de la Rocha

Preliminary card (UFC Fight Pass)
Light HeavyweightRashad Evansvs.Anthony Smith
FlyweightJoseph Benavidezvs.Sergio Pettis
LightweightClay Guidavs.Charles Oliveira
FeatherweightMike Santiagovs.Dan Ige

Yoel by hook or by crook he gonna do some shady shit, but he'll win
Gotta root for RDA, he's always fought the Top 10 guys, this is gonna be Colbys first real test... i mean he snoozed us all against Maia, but he shut him down, so theres that, but nuh uh, RDA isn't gonna let that fly, he gonna win by destruction

come on back Rda v cowboy!
tumblr_nzn0nckaxu1upwz95o1_400.gif

I predict all Jackson/Wink fighters will lose, thats usually the case when they have half the FC w/ J/W fighters, they just fold, hell, i think even Claudia is training outta J/W now.

Rashad hasn't won since 2013 against chael, Benavidez will probably get it done and it'll be fun to see clay still, who knew he was still alive, this will be his 52nd fight, good lord.

The Dauntless One

Lord Nagafen Raider
If Darren till comes in fat again next fight and wins a title eliminator fight, do you think Dana will give him the title fight? Cause there's a high fucking chance he's gonna miss weight next fight.

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
If Darren till comes in fat again next fight and wins a title eliminator fight, do you think Dana will give him the title fight? Cause there's a high fucking chance he's gonna miss weight next fight.

If he wins the interim belt he's gotta get Woodley.

If he beats the holder of the interim belt but "isn't eligible" for the belt because he's fat, he's still next in line (because you can't put a loser up for the belt).

He needs to either lose or miss a fight. Wonderboy had little leverage. If Till shows up fat to fight the interim belt holder, the dude holding the belt has enough leverage to say "Fuck you fatty, I'll wait for Woodley to be healthy."

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
Iaquinta vs Gaethje to headline UFC Fight Night August 25th. Maybe? Yesterday Dana was saying no way because Al was demanding too much money for big fights.

Can Gaethje stop his slide? He's fought a lot in the last 2 years, dude is set on cashing those UFC checks but he's risking getting cut if he goes 0-3 since winning TUF.

Sources: Gaethje-Iaquinta set for UFC Fight Night

Conor is also inserting himself back into the news cycle. Said he was supposed to fight RdA for the interim 170 belt @ 224 in Brazil which partially explains why that card sucked so bad. The timeline doesn't make sense to me. Anyone convinced?

505885760.jpg

Goatface

think at that time conor was in some sort of training
he doesn't seem to be walking around that heavy, so 170 shouldn't be that hard for him
a 4 week camp + week of fight would been plenty enough time for him, but not for the UFC

i would bet promotion work is a biggest problem with getting a deal done than money at this point.

for the Aldo, was like 3 months of promotions, which he hates.

this was posted a few days ago

that would be more what the UFC would want, book him vs Khabib in April/May and fight in late August

---
on the Jon Jones front

“There is a decision coming and it’s hopefully sooner rather than later.” Abe Kawa, one of Jones’ managers

calhoonjugganaut

Trakanon Raider
Jackson / Wink fighters all losing seems like a bit of a stretch. Is Rashad back there now? They haven't been putting out the wins or same caliber of fighters that they used to, that's for sure. Hard to bet against Holm and Overeem. I can see Overeem getting dropped, but Holly should be alright.

Conor goes to court next week I think. Jones should have whatever he's having soon. If the UFC can get those two back, then that'll help a lot.

Lastly, Yoel Romero says he would like to fight DC. I do not dislike that idea.

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
Bobby Knuckles already handled romero. He wins easily. also fuckin cm punk is back? Tai Tuivasa may actually kill arelovski.

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
think at that time conor was in some sort of training
he doesn't seem to be walking around that heavy, so 170 shouldn't be that hard for him
a 4 week camp + week of fight would been plenty enough time for him, but not for the UFC

i would bet promotion work is a biggest problem with getting a deal done than money at this point.

for the Aldo, was like 3 months of promotions, which he hates.

Ya, promotion was also why Dana said Conor couldn't jump in to fight Frankie Edgar @ 222 last-minute.

Lastly, Yoel Romero says he would like to fight DC. I do not dislike that idea.

DC has one, maybe two fights left if he's ambitious after Stipe.

Yoel could be already angling for a champ champ fight. Sheesh dude, win your first belt first.

It might make some big money and DC's cleaned out his division anyway. If Bones can't return, why not hold up everyone at 205 by fighting @ HW and then the 185 champ?

It might be the biggest fight DC can make, but damn that size discrepancy would make me scared for Yoel. I hope DC gets his last fight against Bones but Yoel isn't an awful second option.

Shano

Golden Knight of the Realm
Think Conor is full of shit on this one. Said "something came up" and it's speculated that it was the UFC 223 bus incident. That was just a little over a month before 224 and there was no word of him fighting on 224. They like to build up the hell out of McGregor's fights so I doubt they would have announced it with only a month to go, but who knows I guess. Also wasn't RDA vs Covington already announced before UFC 223?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Conor is also inserting himself back into the news cycle. Said he was supposed to fight RdA for the interim 170 belt @ 224 in Brazil which partially explains why that card sucked so bad. The timeline doesn't make sense to me. Anyone convinced?

505885760.jpg
fake news from conor bullshit. he has NEVER fought outside of shitty England/ irish land or America, why would he fuck up his home town advantage and get super double taxed from brazil?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Bones Jones prediction -

he gets his pardon next year, Dana returns him to the UFC, DC comes out of "retirement" for the trilogy fight (which he already said he would never do), JBJ beats him yet again, and then Jones goes out to party and kills a family of four via motor vehicle homicide.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
So ridiculous. Weight cutting should be #1 priority for the sport to address and fix

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Necrath Evilcraft

Golden Knight of the Realm
Fuck it. Put punk in the title fight who wouldn't want to live in a world where a fighter is 1-1 and middleweight champ, above his weight class? We WWE now boyz!

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
Can this current system possibly be any less of a clusterfuck than regular hydration testing of athletes and just having them fight at their natural weights?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users