Till apparently up to fight Wonderboy again

anyway, new rankings

Champion : Tyron Woodley
1 Rafael Dos Anjos (up 1)
2 Darren Till (up 6)
3 Stephen Thompson (down 2)
4 Colby Covington (down 1)
5 Robbie Lawler (down 2)

Come in fat, put on a shit fight, now second in line to fight the belt after winner of colby v RDA.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Anyone know if mma-tv is having the bare knuckle boxing matches tonight? can't find a channel for it on the site for later

NM found it

Last edited:

Lenas

Trump's Staff
First fight ended after Rd 2 due to busted ass face

Edit. Second fight knockout in Rd 1. This ain't so bad.

Last edited:

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
I'm sold on bare knuckle boxing but fuck that last fight. Rico going to get destroyed with whoever they pair him up with next.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
i guess the big story now is andrea lee's husbands nazi tats, swatstica and double lightning
DepmWaAUEAABxxF.0.jpg

Andrea Lee’s husband, coach Donny Aaron apologizes for Nazi tattoos, won’t get them removed or covered

his excuse is bullshit, i've watched ink master!!!

Goatface

Broken system? UFC early weigh-ins by the numbers two years later

PREVIOUS WEIGH-IN SYSTEM: June 6, 2014 to May 30, 2016

• In this time period, 83 total events occurred with 950 fights.
  • 32 fighters missed weight.
  • Of the 32 to miss, five didn’t enter the octagon for their respective bouts due to various reasons.
  • The 27 who did fight tallied a record of 12-15.
  • The featherweight division saw the most fighters miss weight, with seven coming in over the limit. The lightweight division trailed just behind with six weigh-in misses.
  • No fighters missed weight at heavyweight or light heavyweight, and there was just one miss at middleweight.
  • The average weigh-in miss was 2.97 pounds.
  • Kelvin Gastelum had the biggest weigh-in miss, coming in nine pounds over the scheduled welterweight limit at UFC 183.
NEW WEIGH-IN SYSTEM: June 3, 2016 to May 31, 2018

• In this time period, 82 total events occurred with 962 fights.
  • 62 fighters missed weight.
  • Of the 62 to miss, 15 didn’t enter the octagon for their respective bouts due to various reasons.
  • The 47 who did fight tallied a total record of 27-20.
  • The lightweight division saw the most fighters miss weight, with seven coming in over the limit. The featherweight and women’s strawweight divisions trailed just behind with six weigh-in misses each.
  • No fighters missed weight at heavyweight, but every other weight class experienced no fewer than two total misses.
  • The average weigh-in miss was 2.90 pounds.
  • Charles Oliveira had the biggest weigh-in miss, coming in nine pounds over the scheduled featherweight limit at UFC Fight Night 98.

• 1Like

calhoonjugganaut

Trakanon Raider
They should install limits to how many times you can have an infraction for weighing in heavier. If you do it once, maybe it's cool. Twice, go ahead and have em move up to the next weight class. No love.

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
They should install limits to how many times you can have an infraction for weighing in heavier. If you do it once, maybe it's cool. Twice, go ahead and have em move up to the next weight class. No love.

Problem is no one is powerful enough/incentivized enough to do this.

The UFC is dragging its heels on everything around weight cutting. Even if they made a "rule," Dana will play favorites and make exceptions.

The fighters are all too willing to put their bodies through hell if they think it gives them a competitive advantage. Fighters will push back and only accept fights at the weight they desire unless they're able to extract a large payday.

The governing bodies are all independent. In California, if you come in overweight you can't fight in that weight class again in that state but you're free to compete as a fatty in Nevada or New Jersey or England or wherever else. Each commission sets its own rules.

One of the biggest flaws in MMA is its legacy use of the boxing structure; yet UFC, Bellator, etc. own two pieces of the pie instead of just one in boxing – they own both the fights and the fighters. Hard to get substantive and meaningful change that is good for the sport.

Goatface

i like to see everyone adopt the California rules, don't think it will happen

should just move weigh-ins to Thursday at 8pm, half a day to cut and almost 2 to recover.

few years ago, there was a doctor saying 24 hours wasn't long enough to fully recover from the effects on the brain
when talking about these huge cuts.

then again, someone would probably die trying to cut 40lbs or something

• 1Like

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Or they could just go to the day of weigh in, and make people fight at their natural weight.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
Or they could just go to the day of weigh in, and make people fight at their natural weight.

In theory I agree, but I think in practice what will happen is they'll just fight dehydrated and suffer more kidney/brain damage and gas out.

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider

From the article:
“Yes, I do think it’s that, and guess what? We’re getting rid of it,” White said. “We’re looking at taking the weigh-ins back to the way they used to be. So when the guys weigh in there, at the (ceremonial weigh-ins), that will be it. That’ll be the real weigh-in.”

White did not fully put the blame on the process. He acknowledged that early returns on the new weigh-in time were fine, but when fighters realized they could possibly game the system even further with the extra time to cut weight, that’s when things started to go haywire.

“Here’s what I believe,” White said. “Any time you change something, everybody looks to take as much advantage as they can of the situation. I think that when we started doing morning weigh-ins, it was very good. Everybody was making weight, everything was great.

“But then people started cutting it closer and closer and closer, thinking they can put on more weight because they have more time to recover, and the reality is, it f**ked everything up. So we’re looking at going back to — at 4 p.m. PT — when we do the weigh-ins, those will be the real weigh-ins.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
In theory I agree, but I think in practice what will happen is they'll just fight dehydrated and suffer more kidney/brain damage and gas out.
Possibly. But maybe they would all learn a lesson from it then, and just fight relatively close to their walking around weight

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Didn't we do the early weigh ins cuz USADA said no more iv bags, and ppl were near death?

Now its just allowing less skilled fighters the ability to cheat w/ zero repercussions.

how is it zero repercussions if you lose 20 or 30? of your purse? a win is a win. Better to win w/ an asterik than be the loser on the L

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
i like to see everyone adopt the California rules, don't think it will happen

should just move weigh-ins to Thursday at 8pm, half a day to cut and almost 2 to recover.

few years ago, there was a doctor saying 24 hours wasn't long enough to fully recover from the effects on the brain
when talking about these huge cuts.

then again, someone would probably die trying to cut 40lbs or something

Yeah, 24 hours isn't "safe" from a medical perspective but it's a legacy thing. I'd guess folks cut more weight now than they used to (leading to a more dramatic effect) and I know the medical science is better than it used to be, so if they were writing the rules from scratch I think we'd see something different.

Probably the #1 concern about brains is dehydration leads to more concussions/CTE/brain damage/etc. The severe cuts almost certainly drain some fluid from around their brains so there's less of a natural cushion or pillow effect – when these dudes (and dudettes) are getting hit in the head, their brain hits their skill with bigger force because there's less fluid than there should be to help mitigate the impact.

There's going to be a compromise between health/safety and competition under any rules they could make. Then like you said about someone trying to cut 40lbs, concern about the brain is only one part of the health/safety discussion.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Yeah, 24 hours isn't "safe" from a medical perspective but it's a legacy thing. I'd guess folks cut more weight now than they used to (leading to a more dramatic effect) and I know the medical science is better than it used to be, so if they were writing the rules from scratch I think we'd see something different.

Probably the #1 concern about brains is dehydration leads to more concussions/CTE/brain damage/etc. The severe cuts almost certainly drain some fluid from around their brains so there's less of a natural cushion or pillow effect – when these dudes (and dudettes) are getting hit in the head, their brain hits their skill with bigger force because there's less fluid than there should be to help mitigate the impact.

There's going to be a compromise between health/safety and competition under any rules they could make. Then like you said about someone trying to cut 40lbs, concern about the brain is only one part of the health/safety discussion.
yea look at this fat retard cheating
Video - Behind the scenes with Darren Till at UFC Liverpool
(copied video)
they had to private the video cuz he looks dead

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
Video - Behind the scenes with Darren Till at UFC Liverpool
(copied video)
they had to private the video cuz he looks dead

I don't know which is more ridiculous:
1) He was able to compete and "beat" the #1 contender in his division (sorry, that decision was BS)
2) The UFC knew about all this and then ranked him at #2
3) He's sure to continue fighting in this weight class

As a fan of the sport, I'd love to see how much better guys could fight if they didn't subject themselves to these conditions in the days leading up to their competition. How much more exciting could Darren Till fight if he didn't have to spend so much energy going through this nonsense? Weight cutting robs fans.

• 1Like

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.

Yup. Shit like that happens all the time. Fighters will do whatever stupid fucking thing they think they can get away with as long as it's within the rules. Cutting like that is idiotic and the rules should be structured to prevent it. It's *obviously* dangerous, even in the context of a combat sport, and can't possibly improve the quality of the competitions on net.

• 1Like