MMA Thread

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Which is why that interview sounds like a guy with something to blame.

The people in his life even asked him "Are you attacking out of anger?" Its obvious hes at the end of his career with a lot of regrets hes going to be dumping and unloading.

Did Greg's gym go mainstream? Yeah it blew up. As a man you just move on you don't keep kicking rocks there if you don't like it or disagree with the coaches.
i remember watching a doc on j/w, and this was before the even bigger facility (i think they got super blown up w/ the holly $$$), it looks crazy the amount of ppl they got in there and living there. Heck it doesn't even look legal, they got like smaller than college dorms types of setup.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Did Greg's gym go mainstream? Yeah it blew up. As a man you just move on you don't keep kicking rocks there if you don't like it or disagree with the coaches.
To me, it sounded like it was the principle of the thing, bringing in the guy he's supposed to fight next to train there and eventually telling him to go pound sand, instead of telling the other guy "sorry, we can't, Cowboy is our guy". But the flip side of the coin, I don't know what he expected to happen when they did the same exact thing with Rashad/Jones.

I just don't agree with not voicing dissent. If they're treating people shitty then they can deal with the fallout.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
Article also says she's suffering from a compression fracture in her neck.

Sounds like someone in her camp is hyping up a story for the lawsuit. Pain, suffering, and loss of work.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
To me, it sounded like it was the principle of the thing, bringing in the guy he's supposed to fight next to train there and eventually telling him to go pound sand, instead of telling the other guy "sorry, we can't, Cowboy is our guy". But the flip side of the coin, I don't know what he expected to happen when they did the same exact thing with Rashad/Jones.

I just don't agree with not voicing dissent. If they're treating people shitty then they can deal with the fallout.
Morning Report: Mike Winkeljohn responds to Donald Cerrone’s claims of JacksonWink dysfunction
“‘Cowboy’ is not loyal to anybody in the gym. He’s on his own. He does his own thing. He has not, from what I can remember in the last 10 years, ever helped anybody out with their own camp. He’s as narcissistic as they come.”

“I put up with it for a long time because Greg [Jackson] has the biggest heart in the world. He’s like my little brother. But at the same time, it was causing division.”

Winkeljohn says he has not trained Cerrone since 2010. Instead, ‘Cowboy’ works with other coaches from JacksonWink while training primarily at a gym built on his property, about 30 minutes away, called the BMF Ranch. Winkeljohn claims that not only did that sow discord in the gym, it also hurt JacksonWink because the fighters working out there were not successful.
“And by the way, of the teams that went out there, I think it’s 100 percent of people lost, because ‘Cowboy’ wants to do what he wants to do on his time frame, and it didn’t work for the fighters that train out there at the gym,” Winkeljohn continued. “So that made our percentage look bad, because we lost a lot of fights because of it.
Diego Sanchez defends JacksonWink after Donald Cerrone's comments
NO LIE I HAVE BEEN HERE LONGER THAN ANYONE AND SEEN THE MANY STAGES OF OUR EVOLUTION OF THIS TEAM!!! WE’RE STRONGER THAN EVER OUR DEFEATS ONLY HELPED US TO GROW AND WE ARE COMING INTO THE PROSPEROUS STAGE JUST AND SEE!!! @COWBOYCERRONE HAD BEEN SO BUSY BUILDING HIS EMPIRE THE PAST THREE FOUR YEARS AND HE’S DONE A FANTASTIC JOB DOING IT BUT THAT’S BEEN HIS FOCUS HE’S NEVER BEEN HERE!!! MAYBE A GRAPPLING CLASS HERE OR THERE A SPARRING EVERY 6 MONTHS??? THAT’S NOT A TEAM MATE IT’S JUST SOMEONE WHO IS OUT ONLY FOR THEMSELVES. I’D TRY TO GIVE HIM A ROUND IF WE CROSSED PATHS HERE OR THERE THE LAST TIME HE GOT ME REAL GOOD WITH A SIDE KICK TO THE LIVER …. I SEE IT ALL!! I TREAT THIS LIKE A JOB 9-5 I COME EVERYDAY I STAY WHEN EVERYONE LEAVES TO REST AND EAT.. SO I SEE IT ALL!! AND IN THE PAST TEN YEARS COWBOY NEVER WENT OUT OF HIS WAY TO HELP ME GET READY FOR A FIGHT NOT OUNCE! THAT’S WHY I POSTED PREVIOUS ABOUT WHY I WAS #TEAMPLATINUM @PLATINUMMIKEPERRY IS HERE TO GIVE ME ROUNDS IF I NEED THEM AND HELPED ME MORE IN ONE CAMP THAN COWBOY DID IN TEN YEARS… DON’T BAD MOUTH MY GYM OR MY COACH

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
Till is hype and size; the latter shouldn't be underestimated.

Woodley has skill and experience on his side, but he faces questions regarding his health and athleticism in this matchup. If Woodley is healthy and strong, he's got a major advantage, but if he's not 100% Till could punish him.

Wouldn't be surprised to see either guy end up with the belt. It'd be nice to see Woodley show some flair if he wins, dude needs to score points with the fans and Till offers him that opportunity. Worst case for UFC would be Till coming in heavy (again) and winning because they could… uh… vacate Woodley + promote Till to interim champ? lulz

Agree on Shevchenko. Don't think it will be close.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Till is hype and size; the latter shouldn't be underestimated.

Woodley has skill and experience on his side, but he faces questions regarding his health and athleticism in this matchup. If Woodley is healthy and strong, he's got a major advantage, but if he's not 100% Till could punish him.

Wouldn't be surprised to see either guy end up with the belt. It'd be nice to see Woodley show some flair if he wins, dude needs to score points with the fans and Till offers him that opportunity. Worst case for UFC would be Till coming in heavy (again) and winning because they could… uh… vacate Woodley + promote Till to interim champ? lulz

Agree on Shevchenko. Don't think it will be close.
Usman is an alternate if till comes in heavy, however woodly has said he'll reject him, cuz he didn't train for usman.

• 1Like

Goatface

Till said recently he plans on beating Woodley, defend the title once, then move to 185

i just hope it is a better fight than their lasts

Lanx

<Prior Amod>

geez i forgot how much Till is cheating, look at how wide his shoulders are compared to Cowboy. His thighs are like tree trunks too, no wonder he shrugged off Cowboy like nothing.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Usman is an alternate if till comes in heavy, however woodly has said he'll reject him, cuz he didn't train for usman.
Woodley said he would fight Till even if he comes in heavy

• 1Like

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Woodley had a lot of trouble against Rory Macdonald who was taller and had a long reach on him. How big is Till compared to Macdonald?

calhoonjugganaut

Trakanon Raider
Some cool artwork.

83.jpg

• 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Woodley had a lot of trouble against Rory Macdonald who was taller and had a long reach on him. How big is Till compared to Macdonald?

Letting Rory go was one of the biggest cringe moments in UFC history and still is. Big yikes.

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
Woodley said he would fight Till even if he comes in heavy

Yeah he was dumb and said this. Loses a lot of negotiation power.

Whatever though, he won't be in risk of losing his belt and he's getting more fan attention/respect/hype out of it?