MMA Thread

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I read somewhere she's Indian w/ a mohawk, should call her "Running Bull"

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Goatface

Is there no penalty for 'cancelling' a main card fight?
to me it makes sense to fine them X amount of $$ for essentially ruining a card, considering how frequently it has happened for the past dozen or so main events lol

dunno, the fighter is already going to be out a bunch of money. Hunt said he spent $100k before they canceled the fight on him
don't know what is normal

Valentina did weigh in, so should get her full to show money at least

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Good. Makes no sense to hold the title for someone who won't ever be able to fight

• 1Like

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
dunno, the fighter is already going to be out a bunch of money. Hunt said he spent $100k before they canceled the fight on him
don't know what is normal

T-City got nothing. No show money, etc. when Max dropped out due to "concussion-like" symptoms the week of the fight.

He went public and appealed to fans about how he was treated. Weeks later, Dana/UFC finally covered the costs of his camp.

Showing up and making weight doesn't get these guys their "show money." Show money is showing up and stepping into the ring on fight night.

Goatface

pretty sure rogan has said they get paid something once they step on the scales
Valentina did get paid

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Leslie Smith made weight, her opponent didn't. Leslie refused to fight, got paid show/win $$$, then let go.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Leslie Smith made weight, her opponent didn't. Leslie refused to fight, got paid show/win $$$, then let go.
That's pretty shitty. Go look at the record for people who have missed weight this year, and I think it is something like 10-2. Not making weight gives you a huge advantage, and you shouldn't be punished for not fighting someone who did not make the agreed weight.

Instead of punishing people for not agreeing to fight assholes to miss weight, the UFC should fix the weight cutting issue.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
ufc are employing retards

can't do the basic job of reading a fucking scale?

• 1Worf

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Wasn't Smith on the forefront of pushing for a Fighter's Union? And that this was supposed to be the last fight on her contract?

[:lumie::lumie::lumie:] I'll bet you $10 that the UFC was already looking to cut her somehow because of the Union shizzle, and when Ladd failed weight, that just made it more likely that Smith would lose and that they could let her walk on a loss. Good odds that they weren't going to renew her to begin with. But instead of taking the fight at a disadvantage, she's like "NOOOPE". The UFC then pays her the full fight amount, probably hoping they can count that as fulfilling her contract so they can cut her free. Smith tries to talk them into a new contract to keep fighting, UFC just said "Bye, Felicia" [/:lumie::lumie::lumie:]

The UFC wants to keep Shiva-chenko, though

• 1Like

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
ufc are employing retards

can't do the basic job of reading a fucking scale?

LOL

At one point Zabit looked like he wanted to come down off that stage and read it himself

This is what happens when you introduce "New Math"

I think we finally found a job for Galiem's midget ex, shelly1989. That bitch could do advanced algebra...in her head

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Wasn't Smith on the forefront of pushing for a Fighter's Union? And that this was supposed to be the last fight on her contract?

[:lumie::lumie::lumie:] I'll bet you $10 that the UFC was already looking to cut her somehow because of the Union shizzle, and when Ladd failed weight, that just made it more likely that Smith would lose and that they could let her walk on a loss. Good odds that they weren't going to renew her to begin with. But instead of taking the fight at a disadvantage, she's like "NOOOPE". The UFC then pays her the full fight amount, probably hoping they can count that as fulfilling her contract so they can cut her free. Smith tries to talk them into a new contract to keep fighting, UFC just said "Bye, Felicia" [/:lumie::lumie::lumie:]

The UFC wants to keep Shiva-chenko, though
i think she was trying to use the fight as leverage towards a new contract and they just paid her to see her ass out the door.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
i think she was trying to use the fight as leverage towards a new contract and they just paid her to see her ass out the door.

Maybe, I dunno. Part of me is like "Plan: Use fight as leverage for new contract; Reality: Refuses fight, no contract"

I do have to thank her for one of the better exploding ears we've seen, though.
K0Zpg8s.gif

But anyways...229 is only a month away, we need to start talking about wagers and whether or not Conor is going to do this to Khabib

Awesome-Conor-McGregor-Super-Saiyan-GIF.gif

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Wow, Till took a hella beating but kept in there. Came close to getting out of the round

calhoonjugganaut

Trakanon Raider
Miller and Sanchez getting W's was cool. Neal looked great. I missed the Suarez domination. Sterling and Zabit had awesome subs. Didn't expect Tyron going in there and whooping ass like that. Till was credited for landing a total of 2 punches. The GNP Woodley was landing would've finished most fights in the first round. Woodley poses a huge problem for anyone at that weight trying to vie for the title, GSP included. I think Wonderboy is probably the closest fight for Woodley that there is.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Miller and Sanchez getting W's was cool. Neal looked great. I missed the Suarez domination. Sterling and Zabit had awesome subs. Didn't expect Tyron going in there and whooping ass like that. Till was credited for landing a total of 2 punches. The GNP Woodley was landing would've finished most fights in the first round. Woodley poses a huge problem for anyone at that weight trying to vie for the title, GSP included. I think Wonderboy is probably the closest fight for Woodley that there is.
At this point in their careers, GSP wouldn't last a round with Woodley.