MMA Thread

Furious

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Gegard Mousasi
(c)vs.Rory MacDonald Two of my all time favs, hate to pick here but Moose is on a good streak, Moose by Dec
Quinton Jacksonvs.Wanderlei Silva Draw by dual heart attacks
Douglas Limavs.Andrey Koreshkov LIMA w/by DEC
Aaron Picovs.Leandro Higo PICO w/by KO
Keri Melendezvs.Dakota Zimmerman Who cares, am i right?

6ohb3b.gif

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Gegard left the UFC on his own terms its not like he washed out.

After the fight he called out the bullshit with Gastelum and GSP as far as rankings go etc and match making in the MW division there, so he is happy at Bellator and just beat a qualty opponent. Yeah he is a blown up WW but he is still really good. I think Gegard would blast Kelvin, I also think he could beat Whittaker.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
You are such a Moose fanboy. He's def your Hypothetical Champion of the Universe.

• 1Salty
  • 1Worf

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I am a fan. But not a dick riding fan, the guy is very good technically, but he has lost before and will lose again.

Right now though he is winning so he deserves credit, and the UFC is a joke when it comes to their ranking system and who gets a title shot etc. Whittaker is word class and its a shame he isnt going to fight Mousasi because it would be a great fight.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
His win over rory is indeed impressive. However until he beats whittaker he is still a gatekeeper.

• 1Picard
  • 1Dislike

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Rory looked like he was weathering that storm, but one he started bleeding out of that nose again

PTSD

Goatface

looks like Sean O’Malley pop'd
rumored to be ostarine
some site have him out of 229, but still there at ufc

don't know what is up with that, did he just screencap part of his statement?

calhoonjugganaut

Trakanon Raider
Mousasi is definitely one of the top tier guys. It's a shame he didn't get to face Whittaker while in the UFC. I think he could have been the champ, but MW is such a strong division I don't think he would have dominated for years or anything. Rory doesn't strike me as a top 5, maybe even top 10 guy at MW, so it's hard to gauge exactly how impressive that performace was.

As for O'Malley, at least he's being up front about everything. I was looking forward to watching him perform on the card next weekend after coming back from his injury. I wonder if this is a case where he (or anyone else moving forward) will 100% be pulled from the card or if the UFC will take their chances when it comes to stuff like this and just impose some sort of penalty down the road if it turns out that the positive test was intentional. I'd imagine they would at least give the opponent the option to decline the fight if they could proceed with bouts that are in jeopardy of being delegitimized by a drug test failure.

Goatface

can not find anything about his deal

=

this came out a couple of days ago

According to Dave Meltzer in his Wrestling Observer Newsletter, this month’s fight card in Dallas, Texas may not have cleared even 150,000 buys.

“The 9/8 PPV numbers were well below expectations with Woodley vs. Till on top. They are so bad that we haven’t gotten an estimate past an early number of 130,000 that was going around,” Meltzer wrote.

This would be on par with UFC 221 in terms of number of buys, and while we never got any solid information, UFC 224: Nunes vs. Pennington was rumored to have done less than 100,000.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I thought he contract included PPV buys already?

Things are changing as the UFC's revenue has sharply declined. There isn't enough buys to give a cut of the buys.

Basically, its a pay cut. And fighters will need to become accustomed to the new UFC.