MMA Thread

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Surely that's over by now?

Stop trolling me by dragging it out, LOL
what? i'm just keeping honest, hell it'd be cool if i wasn't the only one doing stupid bets
0cd6fde0b375dbc58cfe692701af4925.png

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
anyway double header UFC's this weekend

first one
WelterweightRafael dos Anjosvs.Kamaru Usman
HeavyweightJustin Fraziervs.Juan Francisco Dieppa[a]
Women's FeatherweightPannie Kianzadvs.TBDhttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Ultimate_Fighter:_Heavy_Hitters#cite_note-29
BantamweightPedro Munhozvs.Bryan Caraway
MiddleweightDarren Stewartvs.Edmen Shahbazyan
Women's FlyweightJi Yeon Kimvs.Antonina Shevchenko

eh, this looks like a snoozer, i think RDA gets it done, said hes fully into his new camp now, we also get to see the prettier shevchenko premier.

HeavyweightJunior dos Santosvs.Tai Tuivasa
HeavyweightMark Huntvs.Justin Willis
Light HeavyweightTyson Pedrovs.Mauricio Rua
WelterweightJake Matthewsvs.Tony Martin
Light HeavyweightPaul Craigvs.Jim Crute
FeatherweightSuman Mokhtarianvs.Sodiq Yusuff
WelterweightYushin Okamivs.Alexey Kunchenko
FlyweightWilson Reisvs.Ben Nguyen
LightweightMizuto Hirotavs.Christos Giagos
WelterweightKeita Nakamuravs.Salim Touahri
FlyweightElias Garciavs.Kai Kara-France

Shogun, Hunt and JDS??? what, dis gonna be gud

Goatface

oh dear lord
hopefully fake news
no real info

Tito Ortiz Vs. Dan Henderson In The Works For Golden Boy MMA 2

....according to multiple reports, the pay-per-view was a success, selling more than 200k buys making it the biggest non-UFC pay-per-view in MMA history and one of the top PPV’s of 2018.
Looking to continue the success, Oscar De La Hoya is already working on Golden Boy MMA 2. We spoke with sources in MMA legend Dan Henderson’s camp who told us that he has been offered to headline that card versus Tito Ortiz. Nothing is official yet but we hear that Dan and Tito both want to make the fight happen.

• 2WTF
Reactions: 1 users

calhoonjugganaut

Trakanon Raider
On a good note, there are no current interim champions in the UFC at the moment.

To follow up the comments from earlier in the week about Overeem, he's arguably one of the top 5 guys in the UFC at the moment at that weight class. It's true his chin isn't top notch, but it never really has been. Almost all of his losses have been due to KO or TKO. Only 4 of his 17 losses have been due to decision (3) or submission (1). It may not sound like music to your ears but he continues to compete at a higher level than a lot of the top contenders. I hope he can make a run at the belt again.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
On a good note, there are no current interim champions in the UFC at the moment.

To follow up the comments from earlier in the week about Overeem, he's arguably one of the top 5 guys in the UFC at the moment at that weight class. It's true his chin isn't top notch, but it never really has been. Almost all of his losses have been due to KO or TKO. Only 4 of his 17 losses have been due to decision (3) or submission (1). It may not sound like music to your ears but he continues to compete at a higher level than a lot of the top contenders. I hope he can make a run at the belt again.
he looks like a human bobblehead everytime he gets ko'd or loses

20f2x4.gif

travis-browne-2.gif

SecondaryUnfortunateGuillemot-size_restricted.gif

PoliteBeautifulAngwantibo-size_restricted.gif

giphy.gif

Goatface

i still don't understand how he can talk in complete sentences

also surprising, no change in HW rankings
Francis didn't even switch places with Blaydes
guess the voters don't even care at this point

• 1Solidarity

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
i still don't understand how he can talk in complete sentences

also surprising, no change in HW rankings
Francis didn't even switch places with Blaydes
guess the voters don't even care at this point

Because it isn't the sudden nasty KOs, it's the high volume of low impact head hits that football players, boxers, and MMA fighters in lower weight classes take. I'd actually guess that, assuming an even number of fights, heavy-weights probably have the physically healthiest brains out of any weight class in MMA.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Because it isn't the sudden nasty KOs, it's the high volume of low impact head hits that football players, boxers, and MMA fighters in lower weight classes take. I'd actually guess that, assuming an even number of fights, heavy-weights probably have the physically healthiest brains out of any weight class in MMA.
Except for Mark Hunt. That mother fucker has taken plenty of hits to the dome

Jive Turkey

Karen

Look at Chuck though. He didn't start getting pummelled until the end of his career and it's scary how punchy he already is

• 1Like

calhoonjugganaut

Trakanon Raider
MVP vs. Daley rematch set for February.

TUF Finale tonight and an FS1 card headed by Tuivasa and JDS tomorrow. I will hopefully be able to find a bar with Fury vs. Wilder though tomorrow.