MMA Thread

Goatface

UFC President Dana White has confirmed that Sage Northcutt won't be re-signing with the UFC in the near future.

We let Sage go,” White confirmed. “Sage is young and Sage needs some work. Let him get some work in some other organizations and we will see where this kid ends up in a couple of years. Maybe we will pick him back up again.”

“His contract was up so we let him go.” He later added.

==

sorta surprised, even if he is up and down, he gets viewers

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
UFC President Dana White has confirmed that Sage Northcutt won't be re-signing with the UFC in the near future.

We let Sage go,” White confirmed. “Sage is young and Sage needs some work. Let him get some work in some other organizations and we will see where this kid ends up in a couple of years. Maybe we will pick him back up again.”

==

Sage should turn heel and say "fuck you very much mr. white"

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer

==

Perhaps if you did try to fast track him and give him match up nightmares he would still be marketable.

Idiot.

• 1Solidarity

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
About the time when the UFC decided Sage and Paige were their golden gooses was about the time I stopped watching every single event. Nothing against those two personally, but just about every MMA fan looked at them and thought, what is this? The Disney Channel? Boy Band try outs? Why are these two no-name, no-resume kids getting this kind of push? That, in combination with selling out to Ronda and Conor marked the end of an era with the sport. It became 'The Ultimate Marketing Championship'.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
About the time when the UFC decided Sage and Paige were their golden gooses was about the time I stopped watching every single event. Nothing against those two personally, but just about every MMA fan looked at them and thought, what is this? The Disney Channel? Boy Band try outs? Why are these two no-name, no-resume kids getting this kind of push? That, in combination with selling out to Ronda and Conor marked the end of an era with the sport. It became 'The Ultimate Marketing Championship'.
lets not forget this was the year of stupid belt

on again

off again

stripped again madness

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider

==

Bad business. Like you implied they had a lot of viewership invested in Sage's progression.

He was pushed so hard and to cut him over what I would assume is asking for either the same, or a little more money, is ridiculous.

Its another Mitrione situation. UFC has done this before, so I am not all that surprised.

It's like they don't want a profitable company in 2018. Thankfully they aren't selling fuckall this year, so there is no reward for this kind of behavior by shithead Dana and the new Jew owners.

• 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Sage's last payout

Sage Northcutt: $165,000 ($80,000 to show, $80,000 win bonus, $5,000 fight week incentive pay)

He may have been eyeing a 200k check, or the UFC just didn't want to continue paying him 160k to beat nobodies. The only explanation is that Sage was not a needle mover, which I find hard to believe after all that money spent on promo and marketing since day 1.

• 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Or apparently the brain to recognize he needs to hang it up.

Alistair Overeem: $800,000 (no win bonus)

That's been his fee for the last several fights.. He made a commitment to money a long time ago. He will never hang it up until the UFC offers him a pay cut, which has yet to happen. He actually scored his biggest contract ever after being viciously KO'd. The new owners really like him. (think its a black cuck-fantasy thing)

• 1Worf

Goatface

Reem said he has 2 or so years left and will retire. guess that is with UFC still writing fat checks

looks like they going with something different in the espn era.
maybe the figure casual fans won't be spending $5 for espn+ fight nights, so Sage isn't worth it

don't see how espn is going to make money off the deal

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
isn't the reason why chuck took the fight is cuz he's broke, cuz the UFC when sold to WME cut his free money job of UFC "ambassador"?

If Chuck's broke it's his own fault. He made almost $5M in fight purses, plus whatever amount (likely sizeable) he made in endorsements. If I were WME I wouldn't want to shoulder Chuck's pension either.

fris

Vyemm Raider
i'm surprised chuck got OK'ed to fight. every time he spoke in an interview the last few years, you could tell he was extremely high, Oxycontin probably. Dana's interview where he's slamming Golden Boy was spot on, but he should have known given Chuck was his friend that he had a problem.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
isn't the reason why chuck took the fight is cuz he's broke, cuz the UFC when sold to WME cut his free money job of UFC "ambassador"?
I mean, maybe? But you'd think he could get a gig that was somehow MMA related.

Goatface

not surprising, Hunt says the UFC won't resign him, but apparently he still plans on fighting

also Anderson Silva saying that if he beats israel adesanya in Feb, he will get a title shot

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Erronius Erronius gonna just start my avatar lose w/ Fight Fight now, and if i remember or you care i'll revert back next year.

w/

731.jpg

bookmarking for ease of use.

• 1Like