MMA Thread

Goatface

Jon Jones Set to Fight Anthony Smith At UFC 235
TMZ Sports has learned Jon Jones is signed on to fight Anthony Smith at UFC 235 in March ... as long as the Nevada State Athletic Commission gives him the green light.

We spoke with Dana White, who tells us ... "Later this month, Jon Jones will file an application for licensure with the NSAC in order to compete at UFC 235 in Las Vegas, Nevada on March 2nd."

"Provided that license is granted, Jones will be defending his Light Heavyweight title against Anthony Smith in a 5 round main event at the T-Mobile Arena."

The issue with the Commission is that Jones tested positive for tiny traces of the anabolic steroid Turinabol just days before UFC 232 -- but the Nevada Athletic Commission couldn't convene for a hearing on such short notice.

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
Woodley confirmed to be so horrible for PPV he's relegated to women's title fight status, propped up by a Jon Jones main event.

Dana White, you want to fuck Tyron Woodley? Create 165/175 and abandon 170. Worst case scenario you have a couple title elimination fights before Woodley reclaims the throne of top dog at 175.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
If I'm Brock Lesnar I'm not paying a dollar of that fine. If the UFC didn't offer to pay it I'd probably walk away on principle.

250k is arbitrary and overreach by the NSAC.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
I'm assuming he is referring to this.

Brock Lesnar will not be able to fight in Las Vegas until he pays $250,000 fine

It's Jayrebb, don't expect too much!

You know, I'm really glad they are seriously considering giving Brock a title shot, I mean he definitely deserves it.

Lesnar’s last official win came in 2010 when he submitted Shane Carwin to retain his UFC heavyweight title. Prior to the Mark Hunt fight, Lesnar dropped two losses to Cain Velasquez and Alistair Overeem, losing both fights via first-round TKO.

If DC wants a freakshow fight for a payday fine, let him have it. But to put the belt up against that is just stupid.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Goatface

think ufc and fighters like vegas better for fight week.
heard a few fighters talk about how it easier to come in the week or so before and get a place and train etc
would think NY would be a pita
but only place remember anyone talking bad about was Brazil, and that was just mostly annoying to get regular food/drinks

=
so guess DC is going to push on his statement about retiring at 40 in March
234 Feb 10th in Australia, Robert Whittaker/Gastelum and Adesanya/Silva
235 March 2nd with tentative JJ/Smith and Woodley/Usman
236 April 13th

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
think ufc and fighters like vegas better for fight week.
heard a few fighters talk about how it easier to come in the week or so before and get a place and train etc
would think NY would be a pita
but only place remember anyone talking bad about was Brazil, and that was just mostly annoying to get regular food/drinks

=
so guess DC is going to push on his statement about retiring at 40 in March
234 Feb 10th in Australia, Robert Whittaker/Gastelum and Adesanya/Silva
235 March 2nd with tentative JJ/Smith and Woodley/Usman
236 April 13th
i remember hearing that overseas, no one wants to do it, cuz of the international taxes, and also it's fucking brazil!

and yea, i think for NV, it has the least in taxable incomes for purses.

But whatever, it's all about the PPV anyway.