MMA Thread

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
Please tell me we're not going to see Jones go old-time Anderson on us and just fuck with people instead of finishing them. He could end this at will and just isn't.

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
These rules LOL

Then again Cain Velasguez's camp would've complained about dozens of those fist strikes and Greg Hardy would've done much worse.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Penalty

Lord Nagafen Raider
right? I woulda went full heel. DQ win, get the belt, a ton of controversy and a rematch with a ton of money.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, those PPV points as a champ vs Bones would've been a lot.

Dana will make it up to him and continuing will have proven more lucrative by the end of his career, though.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Please tell me we're not going to see Jones go old-time Anderson on us and just fuck with people instead of finishing them. He could end this at will and just isn't.

That's the UFC in general these days.

Let's not pretend Jon didn't hit Anthony with some fucking monster shots. I got my money's worth but as goes the trend these days it was anticlimactic

Imagine if he landed that flying superman teep to his knee? Rules would change overnight and teeps would finally be banned.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Aa much as Jones can be a faggot, as a fan of combat sports, you have to respect his talent.

Those fucking teeps and side kicks to the knee are crafty as fuck and devastating if executed correctly.

Just the spectre of that move will cause his opponents to hesitate when closing distance.

Then the dynamic elbows....the guy can hit you with an elbow at any angle. The combination of those withering leg kicks along with the slashing elbows are like his troll moves.

If you look at some of his fights, he wont use those moves. He might dabble with a front leg kick or elbows for gnp, but Jon is a cocky fuck who likes to beat you at your own game.

He utilized different approaches to beat Gus and Cormier, etc. He can wrestlefuck you, blow the doors off someone with high level kickboxing, outbox a puncher, outwork a grinder or use superior grappling to set up a d'Arce choke on a BJJ practitioner. Just imagine the damage he could do in a street fight....

He is definitely the best ever. He has been dominant for over 10 years now. He lost that DQ to Hamill in 2009.....

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

gak

<Gold Donor>
Seeing cody crumple is always good, lawler slam was sweet, jon 'roid jones schooling another scrub was Zzzzzzzzz.
Usman destroyed.

u.jpg

calhoonjugganaut

Trakanon Raider
That interpreter was money.

Also, Johnny Walker vs. Jon Jones please. Maybe let Johnny earn it against a top 5 guy first, but that's the fight I want to see.

Goatface

would guess Jones next fight would be Santos

Walker will probably jump to 9th
he could fight Latifi (current 9th) or Blachowicz (current t-5th)
Oezdemir (t-5th) is fighting Reyes (8th) soon
Anderson (7th) thinks he should get Jones, no way that should happen, at most he should fight Gus

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
fucking incompetent herb dean... can't see the thumbs up?

He already had his hands on Askren at that point. You also have to take into context the fact that just before this Robbie's arm had dropped 3 feet like a wet noodle, in a way which conscious people's arms do not.

This is just one of those things that happens when you have humans making real-time decisions in dynamic environments. Herb wasn't negligent. Robbie should have displayed more signs of life. I feel bad for both of them.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
He already had his hands on Askren at that point. You also have to take into context the fact that just before this Robbie's arm had dropped 3 feet like a wet noodle, in a way which conscious people's arms do not.

This is just one of those things that happens when you have humans making real-time decisions in dynamic environments. Herb wasn't negligent. Robbie should have displayed more signs of life. I feel bad for both of them.
He's RUTHLESS ROBBIE LAWLER

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Herb arm-checked him and he let his arm go back down too quickly.

Robbie is ultimately responsible. The thumbs up dropped again too quick for Herb.

Pretty scary how his thumbs up gesture was almost a tap to his neck...Robbie needs to work on that in training.

• 2Like

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It was a fun card. Garbrandt v Munhoz, and Lawler v Askren provided all the excitement I needed to call a PPV a success. Herb fucked up, but it was the kind of fuck up where you can see why it happened. Real time, live it looked like Lawler's arm all of a sudden when limp and dropped to the canvas. I don't know why he did that. Herb was way quick on the stoppage though. Robbie clearly gave him a thumbs up and Herb just ignored it. It is shitty for both Robbie and Herb, but I don't think anything can be done about it.

I had money on Woodley, so by the end of the second round when it was clear that it was shaping up to be the most lopsided title fight ever, I started pounding beers. I was pretty wasted by the time Jones and Smith started, which was fine because the fight went exactly how I thought it would.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I was pretty wasted by the time Jones and Smith started, which was fine because the fight went exactly how I thought it would.

The guy who made his career off of cheating won in a dominant fashion while also cheating?

• 2Like
  • 2Seriously?
  • 1EyeRoll
Reactions: 5 users

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
The guy who made his career off of cheating won in a dominant fashion while also cheating?

Your rage about cheating is hilarious. He committed a foul that had zero impact on the fight.

It's no more cheating than a block or moving screen in basketball or delay of game in football.

Adding to the irony is that hit isn't illegal in most states. It's also not illegal if Smith rises up on his hand another quarter inch. Dude was on his feet.

It's okay though, keep on blindly hating on the most talented MMA fighter alive.

• 1Like

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
can't see the thumbs up?

I can't see a thumbs up in that video either. Herb shakes his arm. Robbie flails around a bit from Herb shaking it, then falls back limp to the mat.

If that's the most the dude could conjure up to convince the ref he should continue, then it's not a bad stoppage.

• 1Like