MMA Thread

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
That didn't take long. All UFC fights are exclusive to ESPN through 2025. Big PPV fights only available through ESPN+

Guess they both liked what they saw.
currently ESPN+ fights are non ring girls, i wonder what happens now

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Haven't paid for a UFC PPV for 10+ years, if not longer, don't plan to anytime soon

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Well, Dana said it's great for the fans. So it must be true!

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Goatface

=

=
ranking moves
Masvidal up 6 to #5
Till drop 4 to #7
sorta surprising, Leon Edwards stayed at #10

Edwards thinks should fight Masvidal
Masvidal thinks he should get title shot
Askren keeps chirping at Masvidal

gak

<Gold Donor>
So you have to subscribe to espn+ to even order a ppv now? WTF.

p1.gif

p2.gif

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Nah. They are hedging their bets here.

I'm not saying they are clairvoyant, but I do believe streaming platforms will start gaining steam over time and become a more normal proposition for consumers.

People are paying 100+ $ a month for cable/internet, but a lot of customers are opting for internet only. They can then purchase a few streaming platforms and effectively have access to more content than traditional cable.

Either way the UFC just wants eyes on product. PPV numbers will still be bolstered by closed circuit set ups/restaurants and bars, scheduled viewing events etc.

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
but a lot of customers are opting for internet only.

I cut the cord 10 or 12 years ago. I've saved $8-10k in cable bills and get back 10+ hours a week that I might otherwise spend watching bullshit. Best decision I've made in a long time. Just the timeshift and a la carte benefits of streaming solutions are worth their weight in gold. I don't even remember what it's like to have to sit on the couch at a particular time to watch something, never mind the fucking brain cancer that is advertising.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Goatface

i think it will hurt in the long run.
limits the addition of new fans.

think this is just another patch to try to save the mothership in its current build from sinking

don't watch everyday anymore, but still don't see their 2 top daily shows covering MMA
(around the horn, PTI)
last time i remember seeing talked about on PTI was about Conor

they should put stuff like the prelims online for free maybe

---
don't know if was in the other clip/article
base ESPN+ $4.99 per month, or $49.99 per year
$79.99 per Year with 1 PPV
PPV will be $59.99 each

doesn't say if that is standard or HD
price was $55-57 and $65 for HD

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Nah. They are hedging their bets here.

I'm not saying they are clairvoyant, but I do believe streaming platforms will start gaining steam over time and become a more normal proposition for consumers.

People are paying 100+ $ a month for cable/internet, but a lot of customers are opting for internet only. They can then purchase a few streaming platforms and effectively have access to more content than traditional cable.

Either way the UFC just wants eyes on product. PPV numbers will still be bolstered by closed circuit set ups/restaurants and bars, scheduled viewing events etc.

Im paying over 160 dollars a month for a standard cable package and internet. Kick em to the curb?

You are saying I should be paying 100 bucks?

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
You are saying I should be paying 100 bucks?

Depends on your local monopoly situation. I get 150/10 fiber service from an independent provider for $45/mo, and "Unlimited"/25 for I think $60/mo.

When I was in Atlanta all I had was the "Fuck you, peon" special from Comcast, at $75/mo for 50/5.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
so u have no basic cable pack in that? i guess i should drop it asap.

i hate the inconvenience of switching providers

I am $95 for cable internet 300 (no data cap) and mid tier package of TV (need my sports net and TSN)
This is with Shaw on a 2 year contract in canada !

Goatface

Donald Cerrone vs. Al Iaquinta will headline UFC Fight Night on May 4 in Ottawa on ESPN+

• 1Like