MMA Thread

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
The thing is TJ's suspension is 1yr, thats not even in diuretic territory, thats like bull testosterone territory.

gak

<Gold Donor>
On the bright side, now he can juice year-round if he gets the pulsing-roids-for-life exemption.

u2.gif

u.jpg

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Pedro Munhoz facing discipline in Nevada for UFC 235 cage celebration
Munhoz is facing discipline for his celebration on top of the cage after knocking out Cody Garbrandt at UFC 235 earlier this month at T-Mobile Arena, NAC executive director Bob Bennett confirmed with MMA Fighting. MMAjunkie’s John Morgan was the first to report the news.

“Our inspectors were specifically advised by me to make sure the fighters knew they were not authorized to jump out of the cage,” Bennett said.

The policy is in place to protect a fighter from injuring himself or herself or others in the area, Bennett said. It doesn’t have anything to do with the UFC 229 post-fight brawl involving Conor McGregor and Khabib Nurmagomedov, Bennett said.

jlaw gif

iannis

Musty Nester
That is kinda funny.

Jumping on that cage just isn't safe, man. Party foul. Now get back in there and try to dismember the other dude with your hands.

Hee. Hee.

iannis

Musty Nester
Is it really so rickety that it's just gonna fall over? You know I honestly don't believe that. They'll put a few million up as prize but can't go a few hundred bucks to secure a scaffolding?

I'm thinking it's about the fighters safety.

Goatface

was trying to find a couple of ufc flip fails off the cage,
but only saw this from a few years ago

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
oh theres a ufc

i don't think anyone gives a shit cuz it's boringboy vs. the ultimate loser pettis

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
That's witness tampering, and illegal. The victim can even be prosecuted for taking money to change their story after reporting. Whether or not charges are filed is up to the DA and not the victim.

In this case, it's going to depend on how big an ass McGregor was being and how much he annoyed the local authorities.

That's not witness tampering

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
"It is against the law to either pay someone to drop charges or change their testimony, or to accept money to do so."

What happens if I take money in exchange for dropping criminal charges against someone?

Depending on the jurisdiction, this is classified as witness tampering. (And/or bribery, etc.)

That example is someone pumping rounds into a vehicle with a shotgun, the state is going to want to prosecute the shit out of that regardless of the victim's intentions. In Conor's case, he would be offering a settlement for the civil case. and generally the DA would also be involved and agree to it as well since they're the ones that have to drop the charges.

Of course it could just be a Florida thing

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
In Conor's case, he would be offering a settlement for the civil case. and generally the DA would also be involved and agree to it as well since they're the ones that have to drop the charges.

The DA is exclusively responsible for criminal charges and totally uninvolved in a civil case. If they think there is sufficient evidence/motivation for criminal prosecution, the antipathy of the victim is irrelevant. Conor has already been charged with felony strong-armed robbery and criminal mischief. At this point it's out of the victim's hands, and if he changes his story in exchange for money that's a huge, prosecutable no-no.

In a civil case the two parties could do whatever they want. I haven't read anything about the existence of a civil suit relative to this event.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
Wonderboy fought great. He landed some big shots at the end of the first, but Pettis doesn't go away easily. Thompson looked confident and aggressive.

Pettis with a monster shot with the KO. He absorbed a lot of punishment and doled out his fair share before the winning blow.

Welcome back to the big show and enjoy eating food instead of playing the weightcut game.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
It's a win/win for Dana and the UFC as it either builds up the popularity and legitimacy of Cejudo/125, bringing in more revenue to the company or the opposite.

The UFC would rather sell cards with 125 main events and big draws instead of fringe #13 vs #15 contenders at say 170.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
It's a win/win for Dana and the UFC as it either builds up the popularity and legitimacy of Cejudo/125, bringing in more revenue to the company or the opposite.

The UFC would rather sell cards with 125 main events and big draws instead of fringe #13 vs #15 contenders at say 170.
lulz everyone is moving up in weight, pettis is like "i feel good moving up, i ko'd wonderboy"

wonderboy is like "maybe i should move up, my brain is dehydrated"

Goatface

the age range of big cuts isn't that long, most of them try it for just to long

even as a champ/champ don't think Henry would be much of a draw,
but he more into the smack talk game than DJ

odd thing is,
think if Henry wins, they will move to close FW
but will keep it around if he looses