MMA Thread

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I think Stipe is a good first fight for Jon Jones.

How the fuck is Lesnar staying enrolled in USADA testing for nearly 2 years? The Stipe-Jones fight would put Brock on the shelf for quite a while longer.

Its gotta be fully corrupt. No way Brock can't even use TRT levels of hormones at 40-41 and keep competing in the WWE.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Goatface

hasn't he gotten a lot smaller?

read somewhere that he was aiming to be able to compete with no cut

i didn't realize it, Brock's new WWE contract doesn't allow for a UFC fight
DC talked about it the other day and said Brock's contract is up with Wrestlemania in April

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Interesting yeah. We know TRT is banned but I wonder if medications he's prescribed to safely get off the drugs and reboot his nutsack are legal with a verified legit prescription.

Just a tough sell that he's off hormones and not taking anything to restart his HPTA and get his natural test and estrogen stabilized. Especially in his 40's that is very ill-advised.

I have to believe there is a little bit of play with USADA now. He had to have been allowed to take some drugs to support his cold turkey to pass nearly 2 years of tests.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Alvarez and DJ had their ONE debuts last night.

Alvarez got KO'd in the 1st, and DJ pulled out a sub in the 2nd.

Goatface

lesnar has only been back in the testing pool for 9 ish months
according to the website,
Q3 = 4 tests
Q4 = 3 tests
Q1 = 1 test

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
lesnar has only been back in the testing pool for 9 ish months
according to the website,
Q3 = 4 tests
Q4 = 3 tests
Q1 = 1 test

Poor wording on my part, I meant to sum up that a Stipe-Jones fight pushes Lesnar out to potentially 1.5 years and could easily result in 2 years enrolled, going by the glacial pace of the UFC "big fight" matchups. 9 months is still pretty devastating-- just look at crumpled and pre-maturely aged Vitor Belfort when they made him drop it cold.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>

makes me wonder during hottie vs. kk, "USA, USA" chants were heard, do you guys think they were chanting for kk? i mean it was in philly, scumville.

Goatface

there was some tweets about him being taken to hospital but no details
theory was for a broken orbital
i just watched the clips, have not seen him afterwards

Fedor

<Banned>
LO8ENgi.jpg

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

gak

<Gold Donor>
Christ did I laugh when they cut to the booth and DC isn't even watching the fight and misses the knockout...

dc.jpg

dc2.gif

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
The DA is exclusively responsible for criminal charges and totally uninvolved in a civil case. If they think there is sufficient evidence/motivation for criminal prosecution, the antipathy of the victim is irrelevant. Conor has already been charged with felony strong-armed robbery and criminal mischief. At this point it's out of the victim's hands, and if he changes his story in exchange for money that's a huge, prosecutable no-no.

In a civil case the two parties could do whatever they want. I haven't read anything about the existence of a civil suit relative to this event.

Then you have no idea how any of this works because it happens all the time. Also, a victim isn't changing their story by choosing not to testify

And of course there's a civil suit.

Goatface

from eddie's insta
In this particular fight I waited too long for an opening and paid the ultimate price . The punch that hit me , instantly blinded me and split both eyelids in half . It felt like my eye exploded from the inside and the pain was instant .
NwaRU6F.jpg

U60OaAK.jpg

xUJRRqt.jpg

• 2WTF
Reactions: 1 users

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
Then you have no idea how any of this works because it happens all the time.

One of us is confused, yes.

The victims get a "choice" in the pressing of charges when the DA doesn't really care one way or the other and/or when their testimony is the only evidence. In a celebrity case like this, the DA most likely does care. Conor has already been arrested for a felony. This is not some misdemeanor semi-consensual drunken battery case.

Also, a victim isn't changing their story by choosing not to testify

Not testifying during a trial is a different thing from altering the story relative to the initial police report given under oath. The initial police report can all the DA needs from the victim if there is other evidence, like the video of this incident.

Either way, a victim can be compelled to testify should the court wish it, and could be subject to perjury charges if they lie.

This is all basic information about the function of our legal system. Five minutes of research will corroborate what I'm saying here.

Last edited: