MMA Thread

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
I expected Tyron to take some more time off. Figure out what he wanted to do, maybe move up.

Gotta give it to Lawler. Going after the former champ after his whole team just prepped for your fight with Ben Askren. Dude is not ducking fights in his attempt to make it back to the top.

Welterweight is absolutely stacked right now. Every one of the guys in the top 10 are legit title contenders, just a blockbuster fight away from his chance at glory.

I'd rate these guys:
1) Woodley. Respect as former champ, but I think he'll fall.
2) Colby. Interim belt got stripped too early. Dude hasn't lost.
3) RdA. Anyone dumb enough to enter a ring against this guy is crazy.
4) Askren. One word: resume.
5) Wonderboy. I believe.
6) Masvidal. Dude might finally get his chance. He's never been able to piece it together for an extended stretch over his career, but he deserves this one.
7) Kevin Lee. The Motown Phenom is legit.
8) Till. Dude is too young and talented to fall further than this, even if I think it's time for him to move up.
9) Robbie Lawler. Glad to see this guy back.
10) Pettis. He was thoroughly outclassed by Wonderboy, even with his impressive knockout. I'd like to move him up, but I can't move him past any of the above fighters just yet.

5-10 are all one big pack, and so are 1-4. There are two tiers of the division and no one has a cemented spot. There are no easy fights here and guys will have to accept fighting someone very dangerous with a ranking lower than their own.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Gotta give it to Lawler. Going after the former champ after his whole team just prepped for your fight with Ben Askren. Dude is not ducking fights in his attempt to make it back to the top.
well, he probably wants revenge for that flash ko

it was either tyron, for the flash ko

ben for bullshit herb

or nick for that other flash ko

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
well, he probably wants revenge for that flash ko

it was either tyron, for the flash ko

ben for bullshit herb

or nick for that other flash ko

Yeah, I don't really care what is motivation is. Dude is fun to watch and it's easy to be a fan of his. He's booked a fight with the division's #1 contender in Woodley's back yard.

I'll be rooting for Robbie, no doubt. Tyron should move up or retire and a loss will push him in that direction instead of remaining at 170.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
He won't be convicted of rape by any Irish prosecutor lmao.

His image might get tarnished, might lose in the realm of public opinion, given what comes out.

He will fight in the UFC again though, regardless.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
He won't be convicted of rape by any Irish prosecutor lmao.

His image might get tarnished, might lose in the realm of public opinion, given what comes out.

He will fight in the UFC again though, regardless.

No one who likes him now, likes him becouse he is a fine upstanding citizen.

• 1Worf

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
Yeah International Fight Week is setting up to be insane.

Lots of popular fighters also seem to be taking a lot of fights this year. Bones could defend his title 4 times in 2019 and some champs only fight every 6-9 months even without injury. Fighters stepping into the Octagon often makes me a happy fan.

Would like to see Stipe book a fight soon. I'd love a rematch vs DC for heavyweight glory on the line – will DC risk his legacy? How good was (is) Stipe given the lack of skill at the top of the division lately?

I'd also like to see Tony Ferguson but he's having a mental breakdown.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
dc just got lucky and caught stipe

it was on the button shot, i'd say it was setup in a way that DC "tricked" stipe into just grappling and stalling, and DC just unleashed. And Stipe wasn't prepared, why? Stipe does really bad against extreme height differences, DC was so short it was practically and upppercut, and Stipe struggled and KO'd against Strueve. Both are not known for "heavy hands"

I mean if Stipe could last 25mins w/ prime JDS and ngannou, he has a chin, he just sucks at level changes

• 3Picard
Reactions: 2 users

Goatface

i saw that Cain has signed to do Mexican pro wrestling in Aug, but still has 3 fights left with UFC, reportedly at $450k each
was looking to see how bad his knee "injury" was, couldn't find anything official, but sherdog pointed out he did an auto race less than 2 weeks after the fight.

• 1Worf

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
I still maintain the knee injury was just bullshit, and he was trying to use it as an excuse.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Goatface

they are still running a bunch of Proper No. Twelve ads on espn.

-
got to hand it to paul craig , seems pretty one dimensional but 2 eye pokes and tons of elbows still pulled it off.