MMA Thread

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Or if a drug test or some other news is about to break? Wants to get dibs on a WWE contract before Gronk? (lol)

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
Wild after he got the big whiskey deal for his last fight. I don't think this is the last we'll see Conor fighting.

I don't think the Floyd rematch would sell and Bare Knuckle Fighting doesn't have the money to garner his interest.

I hope he takes time to get his head right; he's clearly been out of his mind lately.

If I had to guess, he'll return to the UFC shortly after Khabib retires. He needs time to get better and Khabib won't be fighting much longer anyway. He avoids his stock falling into freefall after another loss. In reality, dude hasn't done much fighting in years but that story never caught up to him.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
same as the GSP retirement.

its just ducking whatever fight he doesnt want

they dont have the fights for him.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Or if a drug test or some other news is about to break? Wants to get dibs on a WWE contract before Gronk? (lol)

gronk cant stay healthy enough for a WWE circuit maybe special appearances but idk how he'd build a name like that

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Or he doesn't want to get bitch slapped again and is ducking fights until he can make his "comeback"

Like somebody else said, GSP all over again

• 1Solidarity

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
I dunno. I'm not that cynical. I think it's entirely possible that Conor has realized he can get/stay comfortably rich while having fun with his life and without battering his body. His last few bouts have pretty clearly been for the $$ and not for the love of fighting.

Of course I still give it >50% odds that he comes back at some point regardless of his current intentions.

Goatface

as it stands, he wouldn't be getting a title shot until probably next year
if he was able to do nothing
Poirier/Max ---> /Khabib then /Conor

but they would certainly pressure him to fight once maybe twice

another lost could cripple his bargaining power
one title fight would probably be worth more than 2 non-title co-mains

retire for a year, let the dust settle and title fight

• 1Solidarity

Leon

<Silver Donator>
There were tons of leaks at the time in Ireland about the rape with some pretty fucking gruesome details coming out.

The constant in all those leaks / rumors was that Connor was running around unhinged in his hometown, coked up to the gills for days on end and just partying. Dude was hanging out with some dudes of the biggest crime/druge gang in the area.

I'm sure now that this came to light officially more will come out and we'll learn bits and pieces of the truth. I think he's done.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
There were tons of leaks at the time in Ireland about the rape with some pretty fucking gruesome details coming out.

The constant in all those leaks / rumors was that Connor was running around unhinged in his hometown, coked up to the gills for days on end and just partying. Dude was hanging out with some dudes of the biggest crime/druge gang in the area.

I'm sure now that this came to light officially more will come out and we'll learn bits and pieces of the truth. I think he's done.
idk, i wouldn't trust dailymail/irishtimes, tmz level reporting.

Leon

<Silver Donator>
While I don't disagree, here's too much smoke, and now his retirement post. I don't know, time will tell. I hope it's not true, not because I like the guy (I fucking hate him), but because if it is it involves some serious pain and misery for that girl.

The sherdog thread that originally mentioned this, pretty long, but you can get an idea of when this broke out.

Rumored - Very interesting story about Conor McGregor and alleged rape incident

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
While I don't disagree, here's too much smoke, and now his retirement post. I don't know, time will tell. I hope it's not true, not because I like the guy (I fucking hate him), but because if it is it involves some serious pain and misery for that girl.

The sherdog thread that originally mentioned this, pretty long, but you can get an idea of when this broke out.

Rumored - Very interesting story about Conor McGregor and alleged rape incident

I absolutely believe that could have happened - not saying it did, but its well, WELL within the realm of possibility. The dudes a fucking nutcase pos, always has been. Crazy story if true, and I don't see how he keeps it under wraps if there is even a shred of truth to the assault. He's done