MMA Thread

calhoonjugganaut

Trakanon Raider
Chael was actually trying last night. Another big loss for Pico. Why are they giving this guy good competition and not the WWE guy or Dillon Danis?

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Chael was actually trying last night. Another big loss for Pico. Why are they giving this guy good competition and not the WWE guy or Dillon Danis?
he deserved the loss, fucking 99% of his time was spent against the cage. why bother having freddie roach as your striking coach, and the 5s gap youre throwing down you get ktfo.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Kron is the only Gracie worth a shit at this point.

I would argue his dad is the best of all Gracie's, although Royce is the most recognized.

Jozu

Roger is the most decorated in grappling, but do you think he could tap Rickson? In his prime? Roger isnt cut from the same cloth.

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
Do you think he could tap Rickson? In his prime?

Zero doubt. Roger is a 10x+ world champion in multiple formats, retired for eight years, then came back and tapped Buchecha, the guy who has won the open weight championship the last seven years after him. Rickson never faced any grapplers as tough as the guys Roger has dominated repeatedly.

Don't get me wrong, Rickson was top dog for his time such as we can prove (there were few organized competitions in the 90's). There's a lot of myth around him though, and the art moved past him.

Last edited:

Jozu

From a tournament standpoint, Roger is peerless. I just think in a straight up grappling match sub only Rickson could sub him just as Roger could sub him too.

It's a dumb argument no one can ever win, but yea Roger's resume is WAY better. But Rickson was from a different time.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
kron is just subbing scrubs, wow one win in the ufc, and what is he a FW? tiny punches.

You know zombie is ranked 12th? what the fuck is that shit, he'd wreck kron, if yair starts fast, he'd wreck him too

not to mention anyone of the top 5s aldo, oretega, frankie would mop him silly.

Pit two up n comers together, have zabit vs. kron, two hyped up idiots

• 1Like

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
kron is just subbing scrubs, wow one win in the ufc, and what is he a FW? tiny punches.

You know zombie is ranked 12th? what the fuck is that shit, he'd wreck kron, if yair starts fast, he'd wreck him too

not to mention anyone of the top 5s aldo, oretega, frankie would mop him silly.

Pit two up n comers together, have zabit vs. kron, two hyped up idiots
This is why I like MMA. Not for the 'MMA math' aspect, but the desire to see different fighters square off, to see who can defeat who.

Have they even picked an opponent for Kron yet? I don't think I've heard anything.

I do wonder if Kron is overrated. Seems like a lot of people want to hug those BJJ nuts. I just hope they build him up slow instead of throwing him against top tier opponents too soon, and destroying him as a brand. If he gets 3-4 more wins I think he could absorb some losses, but if they throw him into the deep end too soon and he loses a couple, people will just consider him completely one dimensional and just 'another' Gracie, and then he's done in the UFC, possibly.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
This is why I like MMA. Not for the 'MMA math' aspect, but the desire to see different fighters square off, to see who can defeat who.

Have they even picked an opponent for Kron yet? I don't think I've heard anything.

I do wonder if Kron is overrated. Seems like a lot of people want to hug those BJJ nuts. I just hope they build him up slow instead of throwing him against top tier opponents too soon, and destroying him as a brand. If he gets 3-4 more wins I think he could absorb some losses, but if they throw him into the deep end too soon and he loses a couple, people will just consider him completely one dimensional and just 'another' Gracie, and then he's done in the UFC, possibly.
they'll do the basic gracie build up, get like double digit wins and then face someone who is legit. Like that loser gracie that rory shut down, they were probably thinking his 10th win would be the "red king", since rory was like fucking being emo and "done", probably thought he was mentally broken.

• 1Like

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
From a tournament standpoint, Roger is peerless. I just think in a straight up grappling match sub only Rickson could sub him just as Roger could sub him too.

In 10 years of BJJ I've never seen the "tournament grappler" vs "sub-only grappler" distinction mean anything. The best grappler wins both matches.

In recent history, the people who try to draw that line either lose horribly against their first A-class "tournament grappler" or are Gordon Ryan and win everything.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
looks like the recent mma streams crackdown was so they could do this

those wankers don't pay for ppvs, but now i guess they have to? no idea how pricing works in 3rd world countries.

Goatface

those wankers don't pay for ppvs, but now i guess they have to? no idea how pricing works in 3rd world countries.
few years ago, when it was always joe and goldberg, used to watch some euro streams, some would be on espn with ads and others on i think sky, which would have ads and tv studio panel in between fights.
main cards from the US start at what 2am? wouldn't think the buy rate will be that high

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
few years ago, when it was always joe and goldberg, used to watch some euro streams, some would be on espn with ads and others on i think sky, which would have ads and tv studio panel in between fights.
main cards from the US start at what 2am? wouldn't think the buy rate will be that high
comment said it starts 3am uk time