MMA Thread

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
God damnit, I could have sworn Coker said he wouldn't resign Fedor...so now he ups and resigns Fedor.

I didn't realize Lamas had his jaw broken that badly. Ouch.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Goatface

sorta bad ufc, both headliners coming off a loss. with a loss would have to be close to the end for zombie
but that last loss was so freak
Violent Bob Ross is on perlims, has to be my fav nickname currently

=
also in the pointless banter dept
Khabib said next with Tony getting next shot is right, Connor need to win a couple of fights before a rematch
Dana said he assumes Tony will get next and conor is hard to deal with now that he is rich
Coach Kavanagh said Conor is doing therapy after having surgery on his hand, thinks he will fight this year, maybe Nate 3, could beat khabib

didn't really think about it, UFC 242 Khabib v Poirier 's main card will either start at 2pm or 5pm eastern

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Zombie always brings it, I dont see them cutting him with another loss. There also arent a ton of Korean UFC fighters and you know Dana loves to have people from outside the US and Brazil on the roster.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
sorta bad ufc, both headliners coming off a loss. with a loss would have to be close to the end for zombie
but that last loss was so freak
Violent Bob Ross is on perlims, has to be my fav nickname currently
it's Zombie, don't matter if it was a fluke loss

Goatface

i can not find it atm, , think it was part of a larger story, but quote was like in his last fight (the 2017 return) if he did not get FoTN to cover his teams travel and other expenses here he would have lost money. Don't know if that is bad management, lack of outside deals or what.
looking it up, tickets are currently $2600-$4000 round trip (i didn't deal hunt), so maybe he is traveling with a dozen guys.
can't remember if it was Forrest or someone talking about extra fees when traveling over seas, like $500 to $1000+ to ship food and drinks as even bottle water there could give you the shits or worse. it was a huge pita iirc with customs, planning and storage

did find an old quote from his manager, saying ufc gives a travel credit, but the one from usa to anywhere else is greater than the one they get from anywhere else to usa

anyway, with a loss, don't think he would want to be fighting international if goes unranked
certain he would show and be a draw over there

while searching did see this

UFC 238: Cejudo vs. Moraes Fighter Payouts

$Fighter 1Fighter 2$
Won​
Vs​
Lost​
440,000​
Henry Cejudo​
Vs​
Marlon Moraes​
130,000​
300,000​
Valentina Shevchenko​
Vs​
Jessica Eye​
130,000​
235,000​
Tony Ferguson​
Vs​
Donald Cerrone​
245,000​
64,000​
Petr Yan​
Vs​
Jimmie Rivera​
73,000​
113,5,000​
Blagoy Ivanov​
Vs​
Tai Tuivasa​
20,000​

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Its insane that Floyd Mayweather can clock 289 million $ in one night, and a modern day UFC fighter can make as little as 20,000 $.

Goatface

think prelim fighters can make as little as $8k, was $5k until few years ago.

Endeavor is going public which i think means UFC will have to report earning and all payouts
remember hearing estimates that fighter were getting around 30% or less, while major sports are closer to 50%

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
i can not find it atm, , think it was part of a larger story, but quote was like in his last fight (the 2017 return) if he did not get FoTN to cover his teams travel and other expenses here he would have lost money. Don't know if that is bad management, lack of outside deals or what.
looking it up, tickets are currently $2600-$4000 round trip (i didn't deal hunt), so maybe he is traveling with a dozen guys.
can't remember if it was Forrest or someone talking about extra fees when traveling over seas, like $500 to $1000+ to ship food and drinks as even bottle water there could give you the shits or worse. it was a huge pita iirc with customs, planning and storage

did find an old quote from his manager, saying ufc gives a travel credit, but the one from usa to anywhere else is greater than the one they get from anywhere else to usa

anyway, with a loss, don't think he would want to be fighting international if goes unranked
certain he would show and be a draw over there

while searching did see this

UFC 238: Cejudo vs. Moraes Fighter Payouts

$Fighter 1Fighter 2$
Won​
Vs​
Lost​
440,000​
Henry Cejudo​
Vs​
Marlon Moraes​
130,000​
300,000​
Valentina Shevchenko​
Vs​
Jessica Eye​
130,000​
235,000​
Tony Ferguson​
Vs​
Donald Cerrone​
245,000​
64,000​
Petr Yan​
Vs​
Jimmie Rivera​
73,000​
113,5,000​
Blagoy Ivanov​
Vs​
Tai Tuivasa​
20,000​
zombie got 23k to show vs. yair, he must still be on his old contract when he left in 2016

mewkus

Blackwing Lair Raider
only 20k for tai tuivasa after following the boys to thailand for training. hope he gets his shit together, he won't go anywhere getting beaten by blagoy potato

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
TMZ

We've learned last Friday, Ari Emanuel, the co-CEO of the William Morris Endeavor agency that owns UFC -- called Justin's manager, and then conferenced in Dana White. Ari said this would be an epic fight that needed to happen, and Dana chimed in that he was "100%" down with it.

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Will any athletic commission even let that fight happen? I mean that's just a stupid ass fight but no lie I will watch for the laughs.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Notice how Cruise hasn't even responded to that stupid shit? He'd have to be a total retard to risk a serious injury at 56, fighting someone 30 years younger than him. Bieber is just desperate for attention because he's never been anything but a joke.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Notice how Cruise hasn't even responded to that stupid shit? He'd have to be a total retard to risk a serious injury at 56, fighting someone 30 years younger than him. Bieber is just desperate for attention because he's never been anything but a joke.

I sorta doubt Cruise could do it even if he wanted to. Insurance for movies, being on a contract already.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
could beat khabib
tenor.gif