MMA Thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Vycarious

Lord Nagafen Raider
Those body shots were brutal and are what lead to the finish. I think we get a trilogy fight with Stipe now rather then Jones and then he retires.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Ya, seemed like Rogan knew he was saying goodbye to DC for the last time in the octagon

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
DC could get mega money from a trilogy fight with either Stipe or Bones. I can't see him fighting a non-championship fight to end his career. DC seemed at times more interested in putting on a show and appearing dominant than sealing the win. In ten years, no one will remember DC choosing to be sloppy and waiting for Stipe to fall down again from a hard punch, we'll only remember him losing.

Stipe got his swagger back. It was almost like he didn't fear DC's punches, but it took him awhile to find his rhythm. He took on a lot of damage and accepted a lot of risk. Dude fought like the first time was a fluke. Bravo.

Nate looked scrawny and his cardio wasn't the best we've seen from him, but he put on a great fight. Would be great to see him in slugfests again and the Masvidal fight would be an instant fight of the year contender.

Pettis, compared to his last couple fights, was a bit of a letdown. Scrappy of course but I wanted more.

Romero was good but not brilliant. His opponent didn't make it easy for him, but the Cuban might finally be aging.

Costa showed a magnificent chin and reminded us all to watch his fights.

mewkus

Blackwing Lair Raider
didn't like the romero / costa decision, but i reckon we saw a masterclass on cagey ringcraft from romero. i fell for his "i'm gassed" several times but those lightning fast point-accumulating counter-strikes, jabs, backfists and end of round takedowns were textbook old bull taking the young buck to school. i can't believe someone as unassuming as whittaker is champ in this division of monsters. and i want to see johnnie walker against any of these guys asap.

fuck yeah diaz, man is about to get PAID in the next fight and i have to respect how he played the game against the UFC. like a slow burn connor, and still zombie anaconda as fuck.

stipe got mashed and i truly love DC because he is literally the everymans MMA fighter, but it was a great fight and outcome nonetheless. those eastern europeans go down almost as hard as the japanese.

Rais

Trakanon Raider
Was nice to see DC poke Stipe's eyes again just like the first fight. At least this time around it didn't work.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

calhoonjugganaut

Trakanon Raider
DC will be back for the HW legacy fight I'm thinking. I don't see Jon Jones in the picture anymore.

I really think Romero did enough to get the nod. Wouldn't mind seeing him at LHW.

I was really impressed with Nate Diaz after the first round. The Masvidal call out was A-1!

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
DC will be back for the HW legacy fight I'm thinking. I don't see Jon Jones in the picture anymore.

I really think Romero did enough to get the nod. Wouldn't mind seeing him at LHW.

I was really impressed with Nate Diaz after the first round. The Masvidal call out was A-1!
Romero got won the fight as a whole 15m fight, costa won by rounds.

as in everyone would say Romero would win in the 4th and Costa needs to buy a bike.

Nate and Pettis is another i'd love to see go championship rounds.

Goatface

before the fight DC said he would not retire on a lost, but really don't see where he would go from here. ngannou should be next, but could easily see Jjones jumping to the top. was reading that jone's cuts 20lbs during fight week and trains in the 230's, but has been waffling on moving up. i could see stipe taking 6-8 months off.
jones said he would all ready rematch Santos when he heals, but that would be like a year. everyone wants him to fight walker, but he needs 2-3 more fights. it ends badly for almost everyone they move up quickly.

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
didin't think about it at first, but DC got king hippo'd
RecklessSaltyBluemorphobutterfly-small.gif

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Bruuce

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah I guess if you mean the literal opposite. He started hitting him in the gut to open up the shots to the head.

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
DC the supercheat, tries to blind his opponent on two different occasions

look at how dirty Herb Dean is
source.gif

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
It's a "veteran move" when referees don't enforce it and the rules don't punish it. Similar to grabbing inside of gloves in the clinch.

MMA rules are still legacy boxing traditions. Boxing commissions concerned themselves with hits to the groin but never had to deal with pokes to the eye.